New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Looks pretty nice in 1280x1024, well atleast for me, i like this reso, great things your doing Jamie :)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Well my brother gave us a hand with another video.

The PvP/Movement is now crisp.

You should be able to tell from the video (if your a warrior) how fast the pvp should be and how well it will handle.

Other people know where you will be before your character has finished moving to the spot.

I will be moving on to re attaching the interface, adding items, then killing my first mob.. or person xD.

(Nothing New just showing the movement/pvp)
[youtube]Wo7S3G4DiZ0[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: Zordon

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
correct me if i am wrong here...

but having various resolutions would give some poeple advantage over others.

for eg..

my resolution is 1680 * 1050

now if i was pvpin someone who was using a 1024x768 resolution. i would be able to see much more of the screen than they could, therefor if i was using a ranged attack, i would be able to keep well off their screen and knock the **** out of them while they are running about like a headless chicken not knowing where the atacks are coming from.

or am i missing something somewhere?

p.s Jamie, fantastic work. lovin the project (y)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
correct me if i am wrong here...

but having various resolutions would give some poeple advantage over others.

for eg..

my resolution is 1680 * 1050

now if i was pvpin someone who was using a 1024x768 resolution. i would be able to see much more of the screen than they could, therefor if i was using a ranged attack, i would be able to keep well off their screen and knock the **** out of them while they are running about like a headless chicken not knowing where the atacks are coming from.

or am i missing something somewhere?

p.s Jamie, fantastic work. lovin the project (y)
Several Methods that could be implemented:

Greater distance from your target = less damage.
Limit on Spell range.
All other classes having methods to close the gap..

Sin = Stealth.
Warrior = Beckon/Dash.
Tao = ranged and pets.
Wizard = ranged.

nothing is final but you get what I am saying I hope.

On a side note, MapMovements are complete. Walking from one map to another is clean.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
I think the only way to make it truly fair is to limit the spell range. And I say that when I don't even like the idea of it.

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
Several Methods that could be implemented:

Greater distance from your target = less damage.
Limit on Spell range.
All other classes having methods to close the gap..

Sin = Stealth.
Warrior = Beckon/Dash.
Tao = ranged and pets.
Wizard = ranged.

nothing is final but you get what I am saying I hope.

On a side note, MapMovements are complete. Walking from one map to another is clean.

i see what ur saying i think. but the bit in red i think is abit redundant if u cant see where the attack is comming from. its all well and good making the game look nice for everyone, but tbh i would get abit annoyed if i was being shafted by every tom dick and charles who had a bigger screen/ better resolution than do.

but tis my opinion

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
i see what ur saying i think. but the bit in red i think is abit redundant if u cant see where the attack is comming from. its all well and good making the game look nice for everyone, but tbh i would get abit annoyed if i was being shafted by every tom dick and charles who had a bigger screen/ better resolution than do.

but tis my opinion

Link PC to High Def WideScreen Plasma TV = PK someone a mile away.

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
If your going to have higher resolution at least make it so players/ monsters ect cant be seen until they are a certain distance towards them. That way it wouldnt be unfair in having someone see you before you see them.

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
If your going to have higher resolution at least make it so players/ monsters ect cant be seen until they are a certain distance towards them. That way it wouldnt be unfair in having someone see you before you see them.

got my vote

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i think we are messing about too much about a thing which can be resolved easily..

i am voting for caping the resolution to a max of 1680x1050 and also having spells active within a certain range.. this is enough i think..

also full hd monitor aren't soo high resolution as you think.. they work around 1920x1080.. some computer monitors go much higher resolution like 2048×1536 or 2560×1600.. this is why capping should be made at a certain point..

if JamieM caps the resolutions and balances the fighting with any solutions he finds good i think it will work well anyway.. i am sure that he will keep on doing a great job as he did till now.. you can see that he uses his head very well :)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Well... I finally got around to finishing the Mir 3 Object Conversion..

I give you... Frozen Palace Kings Room :)

(Video is processing if unavailable, Try again in a minute or two.)

[youtube]Pr5p-AdY9-E[/youtube]

Yea I forgot No going back xD.

Give me you favour Mir 3 Map and I'll run around on it for you 6.^

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
legendofmirclient201004.png

legendofmirclient201004.png

Some Random Screenies (Mir 3)

Status