New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
I know where you are both coming from. LOM IV is closer to completion as Gotrex/Tai says but Mir2meetsMir3 or whatever Jamie has decided to call his project seems to have much more potential (In my opinion). But yeah, they are really interesting projects to view. Shame both are taking on the load solo.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
this is only my opinion but i feel that the code JamieM is developping is much more stable and well written that the code LOM IV has but this ovviously as i said is only my opinion..

ps: please give us some updates :P

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
this is only my opinion but i feel that the code JamieM is developping is much more stable and well written that the code LOM IV has but this ovviously as i said is only my opinion..

ps: please give us some updates :P

Ask and yee shall receive :p

Fixed my movement glitches, Added the coding for "Highlighting" current target, and mouse over target.

I need to add more leeway for horizontal/vertical movements (unless your mouse is directly inline it will go diagonal).

some Colour effects / Poison's Buffs etc etc (Loads and Loads of different colours to pick from, just some at random):

28488203.png

my most recent test video:

[youtube]VYXmfCIBbXM[/youtube]

Last edited:

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Well no currently LOM IV > this, as they're way ahead.

Depends what you mean by way ahead.

I remember working on the LOM IV stuff in the early days when it was Unleashed and headed by Xander, the whole client was sluggish, not like lag, just movement in general, the loading of tiles and objects was slow, running was jumpy. They will both still have a long way to go, but I feel this project has far more potential due to it being coded in C# and LOM IV being coded in VB.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Shame both are taking on the load solo.

I've tried working in a team, Just doesn't seem to work if I'm honest, What successful project (Programming wise) has worked for Lomcn?

Taken the load on by ones self, No one can let you down by not doing things.

I have a partner who is working on the file sides of this (Database / maps / mob stats etc etc yarda yarda)

It works out as we don't over lap each other, If he wants something added I add it, its that simple.

Thats not to say that I'm not taking suggestions / idea because the more the better imo.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
KS Room in 1024*768:
legendofmirclient201004.png

I do have a video of me running around but every time I try save the video with Mover Maker it crashes as requires a fresh login to make.. I'll do that shortly

I'm going to try 1680 * 1050 in a minute I'll post a screenshot of KS room at that res lol

And here it is lol.. Too Much, It don't look that bad tbh,

legendofmirclient201004.png

Last edited:

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
lol that's ridiculous but awesome as well. What will you do about the interface though?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
lol that's ridiculous but awesome as well. What will you do about the interface though?

the interface is modulated, basically small sections moveable for user preferences.

(Some of my previous images showed some of the interface, works on all resolutions.)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
looks like the char is way to small

its does like this but when it game - full screen You get accustomed to it very very quickly.

Although I don't know about having it at this resolution.

I shall be looking for opinions on to cap or not to cap the resolution.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
the interface is modulated, basically small sections moveable for user preferences.

(Some of my previous images showed some of the interface, works on all resolutions.)

Oh I didn't see that page. Interesting.

looks like the char is way to small

Not really, are you viewing the image full size?

its does like this but when it game - full screen You get accustomed to it very very quickly.

Although I don't know about having it at this resolution.

I shall be looking for opinions on to cap or not to cap the resolution.

Looks too much there. I'd probably say 1280 max as that's kind of standard.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
been reading through the full 7 pages of this for the last half an hour, and all i can say is WOW. It looks like you are extremely commited to this project and are doing an excellent job. I have a few questions and a few suggestions for possible features.

You say mir 2 and mir 3 skills, maps etc are added, are these all in the same format for the client side?

Do the mir 2 and mir 3 maps work on 2 different sets of tiles?

Any chance of a full list of the skills available in game at some point?

Now, a few suggestions if you don't mind:

Would it be possible to code in some sort of Guild Points system? As in my opinion this would greatly improve the way guilds work in the world of mir as is a great way to offer guilds more expansion options.

Would there be a system like Jifen in mir3 as well as the fame point/game point system? If it isnt added could you add it possibly?

GM commands, what sort of commands did you have in mind and are there any you would like opinions on?

Basically, i love the look of this project and am eager to see it finished. The fact you have fused mir 2 and mir 3 together should revive the mir community greatly, as I think mir 2 has a bigger community than mir 3 does due to the lack of coding work being done in the mir 3 community. If players from both mir 2 and mir 3 came together playing this version of mir, it would be great, like the good old days of when mir 3 was first released!

Are you going to be adding in any quest/craft systems or maybe some other features like special events that can be initiated from the server side without having to be in game? The more features there are in game the greater the possibility of keeping the mir community going. i have personally never played mir 2 really, I'm a mir 3 player through and through, but some features like fishing in mir 2 sound really interesting. Would you maybe add some things like that to add more of a world based feel to the game instead of just hunting/levelling/pvp etc? Sorry for the long post but its my first on this project and think its better to give you as much feedback as possible. Keep up the great work and look forward to hearing more about it!

EDIT:

Just had another thought, not sure if it has been suggested. Is there any possibility of coding in a Language selection option, i.e. basically for when new players start the game, they have an option to select a language to view npc's/interface/system messages etc in, from a list of languages that the server owner can edit/add to at there discretion depending on how they sort the files? I think that would be a useful feature to have and would save a little work on the script side once the files are released :)

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
been reading through the full 7 pages of this for the last half an hour, and all i can say is WOW. It looks like you are extremely commited to this project and are doing an excellent job. I have a few questions and a few suggestions for possible features.

Thank you .

You say mir 2 and mir 3 skills, maps etc are added, are these all in the same format

for the client side?
All formats are in the original. Mir 3 Formats are in Mir3, Mir 2 are in Mir 2. (Images, the Wil's have been converted).

Do the mir 2 and mir 3 maps work on 2 different sets of tiles?
Yes, It reads Mir 2 Maps and uses Mir 2 tiles, Mir 3 Maps use Mir3 Tiles

Any chance of a full list of the skills available in game at some point?
When I get around to doing the skills sometime over the weekend / next week I shall post a list.

Now, a few suggestions if you don't mind:
Would it be possible to code in some sort of Guild Points system? As in my opinion this would greatly improve the way guilds work in the world of mir as is a great way to offer guilds more expansion options.
Sounds like a very easy addition to me, I can't see why not.

Would there be a system like Jifen in mir3 as well as the fame point/game point system? If it isnt added could you add it possibly?
I am unsure what system Jifen is, But the ability to add game/fame points is also easy

GM commands, what sort of commands did you have in mind and are there any you would like opinions on??
Sorry, I am keeping these secret, Several reasons but mostly that no one needs to know yet, but I will have the ability to change anything at anytime.

Basically, i love the look of this project and am eager to see it finished. The fact you have fused mir 2 and mir 3 together should revive the mir community greatly, as I think mir 2 has a bigger community than mir 3 does due to the lack of coding work being done in the mir 3 community. If players from both mir 2 and mir 3 came together playing this version of mir, it would be great, like the good old days of when mir 3 was first released!

Are you going to be adding in any quest/craft systems or maybe some other features like special events that can be initiated from the server side without having to be in game? The more features there are in game the greater the possibility of keeping the mir community going. i have personally never played mir 2 really, I'm a mir 3 player through and through, but some features like fishing in mir 2 sound really interesting. Would you maybe add some things like that to add more of a world based feel to the game instead of just hunting/levelling/pvp etc? Sorry for the long post but its my first on this project and think its better to give you as much feedback as possible. Keep up the great work and look forward to hearing more about it!
Quest system - Never really seen a point in this, much like the safe dialogue on the main login, however I coded that because I didn't want to leave something out, So the chances are that Quests/Fishing will be in-game, I do plan to add my own version of crafting, Don't worry about your long posts, Its my Short replies I am worries about :p

Just had another thought, not sure if it has been suggested. Is there any possibility of coding in a Language selection option, i.e. basically for when new players start the game, they have an option to select a language to view npc's/interface/system messages etc in, from a list of languages that the server owner can edit/add to at there discretion depending on how they sort the files? I think that would be a useful feature to have and would save a little work on the script side once the files are released :)
well now that you mention it, All of the Error messages so far are in a separate section all server owners need to do is to send out translated versions of the file.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Jamie can you show us a screen in 1280*1024? Its my fav resolution and would like to see how it looks on mir, also will it be available in the future?

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
KS Room in 1024*768:

I do have a video of me running around but every time I try save the video with Mover Maker it crashes as requires a fresh login to make.. I'll do that shortly

I'm going to try 1680 * 1050 in a minute I'll post a screenshot of KS room at that res lol

And here it is lol.. Too Much, It don't look that bad tbh,

i didn't see these images before but they really look very nice.. also the 1680 * 1050 looks great to be honest.. not sure if you should cap or not the resolution but i wouldn't go higher that this..

i think keeping everything onto some standard resolutions such as:
for 4:3 ratio:
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024
1400x1050

and for 16:10 ratio:
1280x800
1440x900
1680x1050

and if possible could you also add some netbooks resolutions such as:
1024x600
1366x768

is this possible?

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
no more hexing for getting the files to italian finally :)

it's like the string.ini but includes all the errors and phrases ingame?

Correct.

Jamie can you show us a screen in 1280*1024? Its my fav resolution and would like to see how it looks on mir, also will it be available in the future?

Done as requested :)

legendofmirclient201004.jpg

i think keeping everything onto some standard resolutions such as:
for 4:3 ratio:
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024
1400x1050

and for 16:10 ratio:
1280x800
1440x900
1680x1050