New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
well that just means guilds should have more level of ranks. only rank 1,2 and 3 seem to have power in TD's files.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
well that just means guilds should have more level of ranks. only rank 1,2 and 3 seem to have power in TD's files.

That's pretty much how it works on any game I've played. Leaders/Elders/Officers/Members

Don't see why you'd need more.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
well the idea is taken from world of warcraft.. and on that you have more than just 'Leaders/Elders/Officers/Members' there should be a privilledge level which can be set by the leader.

off topic: were bouts in brum you from Gotrex?

Reactions: SmavidDavid

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
Yeh, I was thinking you should make it so guild leader can buy more than 1 sstore or have several stores , 1 that only top rank can use, 1 that only top 2 can use etc
Also the leader should be able to set what ranks can use what store

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
well the idea is taken from world of warcraft.. and on that you have more than just 'Leaders/Elders/Officers/Members' there should be a privilledge level which can be set by the leader.

off topic: were bouts in brum you from Gotrex?

This isn't Gotrex it's Tai. Got's from Solihull I think.

Yeh, I was thinking you should make it so guild leader can buy more than 1 sstore or have several stores , 1 that only top rank can use, 1 that only top 2 can use etc
Also the leader should be able to set what ranks can use what store

All just sounds like a load of unnecessary crap. More important things to do tbh.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I shall supply an update tomorrow at some point if all goes well I'll have a video or two.

I have been tinkering with the communication side of things I wanted to make sure that its flawless, its not 100% to my expectations/standards but it shall suffice for now.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
can i still give a small suggestion jamie?

i think it would be very nice to have a splitted bag window.. also with the same skin but splitted into 3 parts.. normal tab which will contain mir items, quest tab which will contain (guess what) quest items and a pot tab which can contain only posts..

just because at certain levels pots keep ending before the fun and usually bag weight is higher than the slot which are available..

also i think it could be nice also to still have the chance to store pots also in the normal tab so that if you are used to open the normal bag you can still have some pots to save you from death..

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
can i still give a small suggestion jamie?

i think it would be very nice to have a splitted bag window.. also with the same skin but splitted into 3 parts.. normal tab which will contain mir items, quest tab which will contain (guess what) quest items and a pot tab which can contain only posts..

just because at certain levels pots keep ending before the fun and usually bag weight is higher than the slot which are available..

also i think it could be nice also to still have the chance to store pots also in the normal tab so that if you are used to open the normal bag you can still have some pots to save you from death..

Pointless about the pots, They stack like on Mir 3.

I'm slightly behind Update should be later tonight if all goes well.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Urgh, I hate to disappoint people but unfortunately I don't have a video to show yet, I am in need of someone to give me some assistance with this part As I can't do it with one screen, Currently having VS2010 x2, the server and client x2 (Windowed of course) I just run out of screen room not to mention I don't have two mouses :(. I shall rope my brother into helping me tomorrow with some recording.

Side note the performance issues seem to have been sorted, whilst having that 6 Mentioned programs + a few others, I was averaging about 1100Fps and maxing out at 1600fps (Ingame - running around).

Client <-> Server Communication has been once again changed, and is now extremely manageable, the trade off for this that any modified / erroneous packet will sever the connection between the two, Ofc I can implement recovery methods, But i have yet to the connection "severed" from a legitimate packet.

More Options in the Config.ini have been added, mostly for performance tweaks, CPU vs Ram usage, Multi-threading vs single.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Well Its not much but at least its an example of it going well, Me and my brother in game.

Issues:
Slight jitter.
movement maybe a bit too fast?
Notes:
Collision detect was disabled client side to test that the server prevents people walking onto one and other.. it does.

As soon as these movement glitches are ironed out, I'll be putting the mobs in game.

Video: (Processing)
[youtube]vX4AVBD0O5I[/youtube]

Edit: I was hoping to have more done then this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omen_lom

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Mate it's coming along nicely, don't push yourself or feel like you've not kept up to date, your doing a fantastic job - better than anyone else I've seen in a long, long time.

Keep us updated, and keep up the good work ;)

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Looks nice.. ovviously the game seems to be very simple but it has loads of coding to do to if you start from fresh and don't be upset with your work till now because it's seems to be coming very well indeed..

just keep up the work and when it is close to be something playable then you can start stress testing it opening to a small part of the community so that you can have some feedback on the work.. then, only then, the long part will start.. which is fixing most of the last bugs left behind..

ovviously this might take some time but just remember that you are doing a great work and giving this community a very last chance / hope with this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.