New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Jamie,

Last time i logged on the start level was Lv.0 and couldn't equip the starter items lol. An also without items you couldn't hit anything, so you might wanna add some base stats too that come with leveling up

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Yea, I think you need the new client .. (Not sure I updated it actually lol .. Oops) Just relog in and your level would be updated.

I was about to go to bed so there server isn't up atm, I'll look into letting people on to the final version of the client for this weekend. As some might be aware, this was a test client that was loosly put together to test the packet system (mainly), the final verison of the client isn't as rough on the edges, and has more features. It also uses .NET 4.0 Framework so, I'll explain in more detail at a later date.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
ahh :P put it up saturday mate, so i can get a little run around! on stupid guard duty sunday night :P grr!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
It's about time I showed the element effects (Mir 3) for this project.

Now Currently If you hit anything (Including walls) it will trigger the effect, The effect will be the which ever element you have the highest of, also shown is the non element attack (First Effect),

In Order:

Normal, Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Holy, Dark, Dark again (I failed to change weapon) and then Illusion.

Video

[Youtube]owejWQGmTcU[/Youtube]

Edit Just noticed I had Ice and Lightning in wrong order... this has been Fixed.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
lol wicked, but you gunna be taking it off when you hit walls or just gunna leave it on?

Also, what about when you have multiple elements, will the more powerful element take priority when showing the attack effect?

E.g. Having +2 Fire and +1 Lightning, will it show fire? Or even having +1 Fire and +1 Lightning, which effect would it show then (Technically should be Fire, as according to Mir3, Fire it the most powerful element)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
lol wicked, but you gunna be taking it off when you hit walls or just gunna leave it on?

Also, what about when you have multiple elements, will the more powerful element take priority when showing the attack effect?

E.g. Having +2 Fire and +1 Lightning, will it show fire? Or even having +1 Fire and +1 Lightning, which effect would it show then (Technically should be Fire, as according to Mir3, Fire it the most powerful element)

I was wondering that too.

Also where did you get the graphics from? As I thought on Mir 3 the elements only showed when using spells like slaying/halfmoon etc

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
I was wondering that too.

Also where did you get the graphics from? As I thought on Mir 3 the elements only showed when using spells like slaying/halfmoon etc

on mir3 element effects show when mob/player takes damage etc and when u use spells like destruct surge

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
tbh i never played mir3 but i like this idea of the elements.. it also looks nice ingame.. i have also looked at the video with some attention and i have seen that this has been added not to the test client, right? i can see that when you swap the weapons there isn't anymore that delay there is on the test client.. good work!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Well I figured I would do a quick test of all the elements in the same attack... Whoa it looks good when you can slow it down and look Frame by Frame.

[youtube]DrRIhUh8y5c[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.