New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I am still getting a black screen when trying to connect, have tried redownloading but hasn't done anything, anyone else get this problem or is the server just not up at the moment?

see

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KXVOS8O0

You missed the Data Link, (From the first post of the testing)

or you have more then one client running.

glitches i have seen for now:

1)Forest yeti has some glitches with it's dieing animation
2)The X to close the char window (C) doesn't work
3)If you press a mob and start fighting with it and hover the move of the char button on the right lower interface you will stop hitting the mob istantly, this also happens if you hover the mouse on any window ingame, bag window (B) and also char window (C), also with the quick belt interface.
4) if there are some dead mobs near where you spawn in bw and run till the right top door of bichon walls and get killed and respawn in bw sz you will see that there will be no more dead mobs and that if you run away a bit till you don't see the sz anymore and run back you will see the dead bodies again.. not sure if this happens only to me..

that's all for now
/Lux666 ingame

ty I'm in bed now will look at 3 tomorrow rest = np

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Do you have this up all the time or only certain times? Cause i can never connect lol, just time out all the time

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
glitches i have seen for now:

1)Forest yeti has some glitches with it's dieing animation
2)The X to close the char window (C) doesn't work
3)If you press a mob and start fighting with it and hover the move of the char button on the right lower interface you will stop hitting the mob istantly, this also happens if you hover the mouse on any window ingame, bag window (B) and also char window (C), also with the quick belt interface.
4) if there are some dead mobs near where you spawn in bw and run till the right top door of bichon walls and get killed and respawn in bw sz you will see that there will be no more dead mobs and that if you run away a bit till you don't see the sz anymore and run back you will see the dead bodies again.. not sure if this happens only to me..
5) after closing the game with alt-F4 if i try to reopen the client and log in again i can't see nothing, no mobs, no character, only hp/mp bars and i can move a few steps around the screen and then everything freezes and cpu runs over 90%.. i don't know why this happens to me..

that's all for now
/Lux666 ingame

1) Complete.
2) Complete.
3) Complete.
4) Complete.
5) Needs more time to full release the file connections when closing, I'll look into speeding this up.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
hi all how i use the client ?:D ;))

Data 277.7MB
Client

How to Install, Download and Extract Data into a New Folder. Download and Extract Client into that New Folder After, thats then Completed. To confirm in that new Folder you will have Data Folder, Maps Folder, Client.exe and Library.dll.

If the Client Failed to load you mean need, Microsoft Framework 2.0 22Mb, Or you may need to update your Direct X 0 - 90Mb. If the client still fails to load, Try update your graphics card, Still not loading Contact me on MSN for further assistance, You can find my MSN in my profile.

Notes:
Window Mode is advised, although you can go full screen if you wish, You can change resolution but I cannot guarentee that it will still function properly with this client.

The Close button on the Character Page Doesn't function, Its on my to do list, I have taken the spawns out at the moment, You will start in BW SZ. You can PK each other, You cannot log out of the Game to character select screen atm, you need to press Alt +F4 to Quit the game at this time, Assassin weapons Haven't been fully coded yet (This will be done tomorrow along with the other points mentioned).

The reason for this is for you to get a sense of how laggy/smooth the client is and hopfully give me some feedback on areas i have missed.

EDIT:
I forgot to add the Chat system into this client, I'll add it tomorrow, Sorry. >.<

Here is the guide.

New CLIENT

Fixed the mentioned bugs and more.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
File temporarily unavailable >.<

GEEKS STOP DOWNLOADING IT AND LET ME!!!!

/Nymph

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
server seems smooth but double clicking items to kit has delay like 1 sec or 2. the belt on the char screen should be in the middle of the box.

server seems fast might think about adding a small feature like when u sign in the first character is auto highlight so that people can get straight ingame not important but will be better.

/ryanjohn

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Should try the PKing, was killing Jamie on it earlier lol

So much better than what it's like atm...and tbh maybe even better than it was on 1.4 the smoothness helps a hell of alot. However, that could well change once the stats come into play, especially things like Acc, as by the looks of it Acc isn't actually active as we were hitting 100% of the time lol.

But, it was fun, should try it =P

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
server seems fast might think about adding a small feature like when u sign in the first character is auto highlight so that people can get straight ingame not important but will be better.

/ryanjohn

i could also ask this.. they are just small minor things but might be very nice..

for example, after adding username and password there could be a check that if you have only one character it will automatically choose that one so that you can join immediately, in case you have more than one character then it could automatically choose the last character you used so that you could start immediately again..

also another minor feature which wouldnt be bad is that when you open the client the typing cursor blinks already in the username field and not that you have to click there to be able to right the username..

i know this are just small things and can be done at any time but since they are very small edits why don't you do them right away so that you don't think of them later on? :)

for now i can only say that it looks very promising

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
i could also ask this.. they are just small minor things but might be very nice..

for example, after adding username and password there could be a check that if you have only one character it will automatically choose that one so that you can join immediately, in case you have more than one character then it could automatically choose the last character you used so that you could start immediately again..

also another minor feature which wouldnt be bad is that when you open the client the typing cursor blinks already in the username field and not that you have to click there to be able to right the username..

i know this are just small things and can be done at any time but since they are very small edits why don't you do them right away so that you don't think of them later on? :)

for now i can only say that it looks very promising

The amendments have been made.

Login ID AutoSelects at start up.
The last character you logged on will be highlighted / any new characters you make.
You can press Enter to Start game on the character Screen. You can Press Up or Down or 1234 to change your character seletion.

Edit:
@Sonic, Your correct Acc current is being disregarded, soon as i balance the agil / acc for test server i'll enable it.

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
wow, ive got to say

Im lookin forward to this, has come a long way.

at start just looked like another epic fail.

Now starting to sound half decient :P.

keep up the good work :), u seem to have alot of unique ideas, which is wat mir needs!

Just doesnt need a bloody interface change ¬_¬

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
It does need an interface change, current mir2 interface is stupidly big. Much better with the smaller interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.