New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
look exactly same as the mir2 maps that been around for years and years dude lol

but now theres no need to rebuild a whole mir3 map from scratch. and besides, if its running in a higher res theres none of this crappy converting and getting a poor image.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
but now theres no need to rebuild a whole mir3 map from scratch. and besides, if its running in a higher res theres none of this crappy converting and getting a poor image.
that is true

D'oh Really?

I hadn't played many servers didn't know people had Mir 3 maps... Ahh well what a shame :(
came out abit wrong

what i meant was, the ice temple maps have been around for years... a lot of the old mir3 maps were made into mir2... but least ull be able to get all the new 1s, infact ull be able to have any u want, so it is actually really cool

the 2nd map looks nice :tongue_smilie: might get matt/cheeky to get mir3 maps to work on 4heros, they are quite cool

LadyChaos

LOMCN Leecher
Apr 10, 2010
All i Can say is WooooW !
just pritty much read all the updates etc from Jamie and it sounds mint
because iam a lover of both Mir2 And Mir3
Would love to play this when its finished :)

Great job mate keep it up

/LadyChaos

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
that is true

came out abit wrong

what i meant was, the ice temple maps have been around for years... a lot of the old mir3 maps were made into mir2... but least ull be able to get all the new 1s, infact ull be able to have any u want, so it is actually really cool

the 2nd map looks nice :tongue_smilie: might get matt/cheeky to get mir3 maps to work on 4heros, they are quite cool

i'm glad you have realised that you had said something which wasn't very nice.. especially after all the work Jamie has done till now..

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Sorry, Nothing to update yet, Just finalizing the source layout... after that everything will be much easier to work with.

Budzilla

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2004
Over There!
Can't wait to see and play when its finished. This has made me exited about mir again! Love that you can choose your own resolution aswell, will look better on my 24" :) Keep up the good work!!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Can't wait to see and play when its finished. This has made me exited about mir again! Love that you can choose your own resolution aswell, will look better on my 24" :) Keep up the good work!!

Agreed, this has been more or less the only server I've ever been exited about playing, plus the new spells, maps, etc, it'll be fresh... just what people need after 8 years of Mir 2!

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Agreed, this has been more or less the only server I've ever been exited about playing, plus the new spells, maps, etc, it'll be fresh... just what people need after 8 years of Mir 2!

Agreed. Diablo 2 expansion had a higher resolution option and it completly changed how much better the game looked. Thats one of the biggest reasons im excited + the fact of how hes combined mir 2 + 3 :D. Looks like ben is going to try and beat him to it :)

Omen/

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Mir 3 Maps were slightly annoying, but fun :p

To get Mir 3 Maps working:

Program the client to read the two different map formats
Program the client to display the two different image depth and formats
Program the Server to read the two different map formats
program the Server to send the client which Map is Mir2 and Mir3

Reading the maps wasn't too much of a problem it was the Image/Drawing side of it.

Ultimately I don't think the Delphi Based sources support the different image depths.

PS. I would be progressing a lot faster if I didn't spam the forums/Youtube every 5 minutes.

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010

Not sure if its been mentioned, but Mir Revenge has there test server in high res atm.

This means Tao's and Wizz can hit people from miles away, warr's will get raped, aswell as being able to clear out a KR piss easy.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
will you release the source?

As mentioned during the thread several times, When I have finished creating the Sources, I will be making a server with these files, either a Live or a Test server, that will be decided later, After and Only after I have finished with the server I will release the source... Why not before? I don't want the security risk that other servers with open source suffer from .

Not sure if its been mentioned, but Mir Revenge has there test server in high res atm.

This means Tao's and Wizz can hit people from miles away, warr's will get raped, aswell as being able to clear out a KR piss easy.

I wouldn't worry about the balance issue, I think it'll be sorted, I mean giving Wizards more range but less survivability might even make the balance that a lot if not every server seems to have a problem with.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Randomly Off Topic:

Working with a single monitor has become tedious.

New Monitor should arrive tomorrow... (Going for Dual setup)... Should help :).

Edit, These smilies suck, Shoot the person who made them.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Randomly Off Topic:

Working with a single monitor has become tedious.

New Monitor should arrive tomorrow... (Going for Dual setup)... Should help :).

Edit, These smilies suck, Shoot the person who made them.

agree :001_cool:
lol

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Dual Monitor is so I can see both my rough code and program a final version of the code with a full screen

Currently My screen is this:
untitle1d.png

And it is way to cramped (If you could see it fully xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.