New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Ignore Nymph, hes the type of person that geeks it on unpopular servers to pk noobs at the potshop and be a prick about it.

If its the same Nymph that played Evo and hung about with proof etc, hes more so of a tard.

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
Ignore Nymph, hes the type of person that geeks it on unpopular servers to pk noobs at the potshop and be a prick about it.

If its the same Nymph that played Evo and hung about with proof etc, hes more so of a tard.
And you are?

Love the way u say that i play unpopular servers and then say i played evo in the same post :) Might want to think about that before u post again.

Clearly someone i have succesfully wound up or pked non stop on another server and is still crying about it :)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
And you are?

Love the way u say that i play unpopular servers and then say i played evo in the same post :) Might want to think about that before u post again.

Clearly someone i have succesfully wound up or pked non stop on another server and is still crying about it :)

You're hard.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
tbh JamieM i also think the single guild idea isn't good.. mir is also nice because you have a lot of scams which follow 2 guilds to swap informations and know what the other guilds are doing.. it's like playing spy roles.. or just simply some people like to be in to different families..

you could fix this simply giving every player a unique id value.. and when a player joins a guild the game will memorize his id and not his name.. then in the guild list it will search his id and give out his name to read but at least this will be a unique value and fix the problem out..

as for the different names i still think it's a good idea.. a lot of MMORPG'S out there use this idea so i don't know what's the problem.. keep holding that feature in..

probably the guild idea instead needs to be elaborated a bit more.. your idea is more a limitation than an addon..

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
tbh JamieM i also think the single guild idea isn't good.. mir is also nice because you have a lot of scams which follow 2 guilds to swap informations and know what the other guilds are doing.. it's like playing spy roles.. or just simply some people like to be in to different families..

you could fix this simply giving every player a unique id value.. and when a player joins a guild the game will memorize his id and not his name.. then in the guild list it will search his id and give out his name to read but at least this will be a unique value and fix the problem out..

as for the different names i still think it's a good idea.. a lot of MMORPG'S out there use this idea so i don't know what's the problem.. keep holding that feature in..

probably the guild idea instead needs to be elaborated a bit more.. your idea is more a limitation than an addon..
Can just tell people if they want to join a different guild make a different character.
Another alternative i just thought up (similar to what you're suggesting.)
With mobs, in the DB, you can have an oma0 and a oma1. Both these
show up when spawned, as just "oma" , however this enables you to set different stats + dropfiles to the mobs. I guess you could do this with characters, the character in slot 1 would be Nymph1 in the DB, but just shows up as Nymph ingame, character in slot 2 shows up as Nymph2 in the DB, but just Nymph ingame etc.
This way when adding to a guild, you could make the guild list record the character as Nymph1 , but in guildchat it would just show up as Nymph and in another guild, the character would be Nymph2 , just showing up as Nymph in guild chat.
In parties, when you group Nymph, it would show up as either Nymph1 ,Nymph2, or Nymph3 ,so if you know that Nymph1 is a war, 2 is a wiz and 3 is a tao, you then know who you have in your group.
Simples!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

The difference from Account/Character type of guilding is about 4 letters in code different. I do take note on feedback when giving in a constructive post..

What I will do is try the account type of guilding in the first few days /week get some active feedback on the how it performs and then get the community to decide ON how they prefer it Or make it optional for the guild leader/Member to decide if they want all or one Characters to join. (Best of both).

Nymph said:
Can just tell people if they want to join a different guild make a different character.
Another alternative i just thought up (similar to what you're suggesting.)
With mobs, in the DB, you can have an oma0 and a oma1. Both these
show up when spawned, as just "oma" , however this enables you to set different stats + dropfiles to the mobs. I guess you could do this with characters, the character in slot 1 would be Nymph1 in the DB, but just shows up as Nymph ingame, character in slot 2 shows up as Nymph2 in the DB, but just Nymph ingame etc.
This way when adding to a guild, you could make the guild list record the character as Nymph1 , but in guildchat it would just show up as Nymph and in another guild, the character would be Nymph2 , just showing up as Nymph in guild chat.
In parties, when you group Nymph, it would show up as either Nymph1 ,Nymph2, or Nymph3 ,so if you know that Nymph1 is a war, 2 is a wiz and 3 is a tao, you then know who you have in your group.
Simples!

I have got rid of the 0 1 2 3 method as it was inefficient.. it was effective but wasteful, Everything is calculated with Unique ID Numbers. I don't like using strings (Words) for identification.

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
to those who are getting so frustrated over a meaningless feature that will only affect you IF you use it, i think you should really calm the **** down in all honesty.. it is petty (although funny as hell) getting so worked up by something like that... if it is really going to affect you so much piss off and stop following progress..

as for it taking away the 'rpg' element... it really dont lol... for instance..

some1 is a pking mouthy twat bag...

nymph pks everyone he desires (or atleast will have a go lol successfull or not).. if he is playing his warrior... and then comes back on his wiz as nymph.. he is still going to be a mouthy twat bag who is going to pk you. thus fulfilling the element of rpgness (his role being a pking mouthy twatbag. his name does not affect his personality or how he plays)

its not like just because someone uses a different name means they are going to play with 2 personalities... if they did want to they would make a char with a different name... duh?

people using one name just makes it harder for them to hide who they are (y)

on a side note...
if you saw someone mining and they had the same name as their main char who you knew would slap you to the ground in 1 hit... and you attacked.. you would be a bigger twat than you portray yourself to be on the forums quite frankly.

becuase either way, i am sure they will be back to reap vengance on your stupid ass one way or another ;)

(btw nymph. no offence using u as my eg.. your the only one i know and have played along side with :p)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
if you saw someone mining and they had the same name as their main char who you knew would slap you to the ground in 1 hit... and you attacked.. you would be a bigger twat than you portray yourself to be on the forums quite frankly.

becuase either way, i am sure they will be back to reap vengance on your stupid ass one way or another ;)

It was an example... If they didn't have the same name you wouldn't necessarily know they had a high level char, THAT'S THE POINT.

And it goes for many scenario's, not just some tool pking miners.

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
so even if they DIDNT have the same name..

the fact of the matter remains (as it so does with all servers right now) they will know who pked them, AND COME REAP VENGANCE ON YOUR ASS FOR PKING THEM ON A LOWER LEVEL CHAR/MINER/ASS BANDIT...

the difference is... if they have the same name, you wont have to risk the above FACT and then go drop something (y)

if someone wanted to lure you into a trap like that, then i am sure they would make a completly different char with a completly different name and get you that way.

has all logic escaped everyone who plays mir now days?

gotrex... your making yourself sound extreemly stupid in all honesty. nothing will change just because you have the ability to use the same char name on the same account. either way same name or not, you pk someones noob they will get on their higher level char who can slap you with 1 hit and teach you a lesson.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Haha.

Wondered how long it would take for Jamie to start listening to the twats & possibly mess up what could be great.

Wd.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Haha.

Wondered how long it would take for Jamie to start listening to the twats & possibly mess up what could be great.

Wd.
Well as this was my thread I tend to read every post as sincere as I can... not always easy but still.

After talking with the one other team member (whom does the File Side) and as mentioned by MStation and in not so many words by ^G0trex, I probably won't force the guild aspect to be account wide. However that being said, if I am to introduce a guild member limit, characters on the same account in the same guild will count towards the limit once. (That way people can have alts in the guild without effecting the limit).

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Jamie out of curiosity, you = MirTest on FH = played Generation = Firephoenix on Pserv?

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
From memory (Was a while back granted) you played with 2 brothers and exploited some **** there didnt you? lol

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
You are correct, LN was a Legit player, I was the Big Sploiter and with SHANE2 had some great fun :p..

That being said, I know how to fix loopholes / stop them from ever existing on my server.

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
to those who are getting so frustrated over a meaningless feature that will only affect you IF you use it, i think you should really calm the **** down in all honesty.. it is petty (although funny as hell) getting so worked up by something like that... if it is really going to affect you so much piss off and stop following progress..

as for it taking away the 'rpg' element... it really dont lol... for instance..

some1 is a pking mouthy twat bag...

nymph pks everyone he desires (or atleast will have a go lol successfull or not).. if he is playing his warrior... and then comes back on his wiz as nymph.. he is still going to be a mouthy twat bag who is going to pk you. thus fulfilling the element of rpgness (his role being a pking mouthy twatbag. his name does not affect his personality or how he plays)

its not like just because someone uses a different name means they are going to play with 2 personalities... if they did want to they would make a char with a different name... duh?

people using one name just makes it harder for them to hide who they are (y)

on a side note...

(btw nymph. no offence using u as my eg.. your the only one i know and have played along side with :p)

so even if they DIDNT have the same name..

the fact of the matter remains (as it so does with all servers right now) they will know who pked them, AND COME REAP VENGANCE ON YOUR ASS FOR PKING THEM ON A LOWER LEVEL CHAR/MINER/ASS BANDIT...

the difference is... if they have the same name, you wont have to risk the above FACT and then go drop something (y)

if someone wanted to lure you into a trap like that, then i am sure they would make a completly different char with a completly different name and get you that way.

has all logic escaped everyone who plays mir now days?

gotrex... your making yourself sound extreemly stupid in all honesty. nothing will change just because you have the ability to use the same char name on the same account. either way same name or not, you pk someones noob they will get on their higher level char who can slap you with 1 hit and teach you a lesson.
Torniquet? ie sable/goffy from MR?
I know you but, have we ever actually played together/against each other?
either way, you've summed me up perfectly :P
Haha.

Wd.
In what way is this going to mess up "what could be great?"
You complete tool.

From memory (Was a while back granted) you played with 2 brothers and exploited some **** there didnt you? lol
What's your point? 95% of people would exploit if they knew how, everyone ive ever told about an exploit has used it rather than reporting it, people just rage at exploiters because they don't know how to do it themselves.
Granted, if the server is awesome and the GMs put loads of work into it, i will report an exploit rather than use it :)

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
Torniquet? ie sable/goffy from MR?
I know you but, have we ever actually played together/against each other?
either way, you've summed me up perfectly :P

yeh. Played on evo. Both together and against I think :p

dw. I remember u about asmuch as u remember me :D

@jamieM / anonlol

wasn't firepheonix one of the ones that found out how to access the gm commands??

Or was tht sumone else

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010

@jamieM / anonlol

wasn't firepheonix one of the ones that found out how to access the gm commands??

Or was tht sumone else
Now this is frustrating, my memories normally quite good, who were you on evo????

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

@jamieM / anonlol

Or was tht sumone else
Indeed I did.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
2/3 chars with the same name is fail, end.

Please state any GOOD RPG/ORPG that has ever had this feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.