New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Care to give some constructive criticism about why you don't like the idea/disagree...?

No, I really can't be bothered to explain something so obvious. You've already said you're going ahead with it anyway, so why bother.

Its nothing like saying that at all, being able to use the same name clearly does not get you free teleports to KR, nor does it give you any advantage whatsoever.

What mstation said is like what I just said. Don't correct me with incorrectivity.

Nymph said:
Don't see how it would be confusing on rankings either.

1. Nymph Level 100 Wizard.
2. Nymph Level 80 Warrior.
3. Nymph Level 70 Tao.

DAMN IM SO CONFUSED.

COS YOU'VE GOT 3 DIFFERENT CHARACTERS WITH THE SAME NAME LOL. What sense does it make? Really. It's just fking lazy.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
I don't agree with the idea, each character should have their own individual name.

Though this idea would stop the masses of crappy names.. n00b, xn00bx, xxn00bxx... or Orbs, Orbs1, Orbs2 etc etc.

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
No, I really can't be bothered to explain something so obvious. You've already said you're going ahead with it anyway, so why bother.

What mstation said is like what I just said. Don't correct me with incorrectivity.

COS YOU'VE GOT 3 DIFFERENT CHARACTERS WITH THE SAME NAME LOL. What sense does it make? Really. It's just fking lazy.
If it's so obvious how can it be hard to explain? You're just wrong, face it.

It makes perfect sense, I look at the rankings, "oh, theres nymph's wizard warrior and tao 1 2 & 3, don't see how doesn't make sense, only way it wouldn't make sense to you is if you have an IQ of like 2, or don't know that you can make 3 characters with the same name, but if you're playing this server you will know that anyway.

Your stupidity amazes me.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
If it's so obvious how can it be hard to explain? You're just wrong, face it.

It makes perfect sense, I look at the rankings, "oh, theres nymph's wizard warrior and tao 1 2 & 3, don't see how doesn't make sense, only way it wouldn't make sense to you is if you have an IQ of like 2, or don't know that you can make 3 characters with the same name, but if you're playing this server you will know that anyway.

Your stupidity amazes me.

Oh yeah, I'm stupid. There's a saying that goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". So what are the advantages of this? And who are you again?

Your ignorance amazes me.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
not sure but i am having the impression that we are argueing about something which shouldn't make a difference.. this is only a very small feature which has a super small impact ingame..

one person creates one account and can create 3 characters.. before he was obliged to choose 3 different names for all the three accounts.. now he can choose to still have 3 different names or two or more with the same name.. tbh what is the difference in this?

i personally would choose having the same name.. i was too bothered in the old days to explain everybody that this was my second char, my third char etc etc.. and the nice thing is.. if you don't like it you can still call your others chars with different names.. :) wow!!!

anyway.. let's talk about something more important.. have you already thought about how will the guild work? if i am not wrong atm the guild system is coded in a way that memorizes the members names.. not thier id's or something else.. this will have to change if you are going to implement same name char in one account.. no?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Oh yeah, I'm stupid. There's a saying that goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". So what are the advantages of this? And who are you again?

The advantage?

It's more freedom in your choice of names when you make another character, as in that
are not forced to change your name.

Firstly, character creation function had to be created on my server so it was "Broke" to begin with so it had to be "Fixed", whilst I was doing it I decided to extend its functionality, by enabling this.

anyway.. let's talk about something more important.. have you already thought about how will the guild work? if i am not wrong atm the guild system is coded in a way that memorizes the members names.. not thier id's or something else.. this will have to change if you are going to implement same name char in one account.. no?

I am thinking about making it belong to the account, Like GuildWars.

You join on 1 Charcter your other characters are in it, When your on a character that wasn't added it will display both your current name and the name you joined on (If different).

Last edited:
Reactions: mStation

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
The advantage?

It's more freedom in your choice of names when you make another character, as in that

Firstly, character creation function had to be created on my server so it was "Broke" to begin with so it had to be "Fixed", whilst I was doing it I decided to extend its functionality, by enabling this.

Wow, that definitely out weighs the cons!!

It was a figure of speech, my god this is painful.

JamieM said:

You join on 1 Charcter your other characters are in it, When your on a character that wasn't added it will display both your current name and the name you joined on (If different).

Another poor idea... What if you don't want all your characters in 1 guild?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Wow, that definitely out weighs the cons!!

It was a figure of speech, my god this is painful.

Another poor idea... What if you don't want all your characters in 1 guild?
O we are making headway, What are the Cons please?

Why would you want to be apart of two different guilds, it defeats the whole purpose of a guild.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The advantage?

isnt there a downside with that already? what if one person whos using the same name wants their chars each in different guilds, or if theyre guild leader, there level 1 char would also be the guild leader.

you cant have the same name char in different guilds as everyone WOULD be confused.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
O we are making headway, What are the Cons please?

Why would you want to be apart of two different guilds, it defeats the whole purpose of a guild.

It's a waste of time
It takes away from the RPG aspect of the game
It's silly
It's confusing
It will affect PVP/PK (all someone has to do is strip off their items/change them and oh look it could be any class and level! OR 'I wonder if that's a noob Jamie mining, I'd like to pk him but it could be his uber high lvl wiz that's going to 1 hit me if I attack. WHO KNOWS?')

IF ITS NOT BROKE, DONT FIX IT.

As for your guild comment; I'm actually speechless.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
It's a waste of time
Of Who's time ? Mine? Reading/writing this comment took longer then the 2 lines of code required to enable it.
It takes away from the RPG aspect of the game
No it don't, Do you even role play?

It's silly
It's confusing
It's the same person how can the SAME person using the SAME name be confusing.

It will affect PVP/PK (all someone has to do is strip off their items/change them and oh look it could be any class! OR 'I wonder if that's a noob Jamie mining, I'd like to pk him but it could be his uber high lvl wiz that's going to 1 hit me if I attack. WHO KNOWS?')
Well you knew enough about the character that he high level, If you want to take the risk in attacking that's your choice.

Last edited:

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010

It's a convenience for people who don't want to have to think up a new name for each character, or you don't want to have to tell all their mates their new character names.

Lol at "who are you again"
I'm someone who never felt the need to use lomcn. Didn't realise using lomcn made you someone lmao.
You have just made a complete dick out of yourself by saying that.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
It's a convenience for people who don't want to have to think up a new name for each character, or you don't want to have to tell all their mates their new character names.

Lol at "who are you again"
I'm someone who never felt the need to use lomcn. Didn't realise using lomcn made you someone lmao.
You have just made a complete dick out of yourself by saying that.

It does :)

The fact you haven't means you're more than likely a player of official servers as opposed to privates or a noob. It also means you've done nothing for the community that is LOMCN. Therefore your opinion means sweet **** all to me. Move along..

No it don't, Do you even role play?

That comment alone says you don't know what an RPG is and means.

JamieM said:
Well you knew enough about the character that he high level, If you want to take the risk in attacking that's your choice.

A risk that normally doesn't exist. An unnecessary risk for the sake of something as pointless and plain lazy as this.

You've clearly made your decision and aren't willing to listen to reason, so why are you asking for feedback still?

Last edited:

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
It does :)

The fact you haven't means you're more than likely a player of official servers as opposed to privates or a noob. It also means you've done nothing for the community that is LOMCN. Therefore your opinion means sweet **** all to me. Move along..
You are a sad case.
I don't care if my opinion means sweet **** all to you. Your existence means sweet **** all to me k?
Love how you think you're better than me because you've been on lomcn longer than i have. From what i've seen of your posts, you're an idiot. The community that is LOMCN hasn't done anything for me, so why should i do anything for it? Besides, what have you done for LOMCN that is so great?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
You've clearly made your decision and aren't willing to listen to reason, so why are you asking for feedback still?

The only real feedback you gave was "It takes away the RPG element away" which for someone who don't role play cannot give this sort of Feedback and by the way It don't take away the role play aspect as you can use a different Name?

RPG = RolePlay Game just in case you didn't know.

If somehow the word has changed give me your definition of RPG

Last edited:

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
The only real feedback you gave was "It takes away the RPG element away" which for someone who don't role play cannot give this sort of Feedback and by the way It don't take away the role play aspect as you can use a different Name?

RPG = RolePlay Game just in case you didn't know.

If somehow the word has changed give me your definition of RPG

Well done you know what RPG stands for. Do you know what role playing game means?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Yea... The clue is in the name, You play a role in a game... following story or your own fantasy... Well since Mir Don't have a story to follow, I'm guessing you play your own fantasies out ?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

why would you want to use just one character name, it defeats the whole purpose of an rpg game.

what about someone liking two guilds, their tao is good in a certain guild, but the other guild works much better with their warrior?

someone being in a guild with their friends for group hunts, and also running another guild?

owning two guilds with diff chars which are allied?

theres many reasons someone would want to be in more than one guild.

i know your being original with ideas, and having just one name for an account makes it simple, but i bet you'll come up against a thousand problems doing it.

Reactions: Andreas

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
why would you want to use just one character name, it defeats the whole purpose of an rpg game.
you keep saying this, how?
what about someone liking two guilds, their tao is good in a certain guild, but the other guild works much better with their warrior?
ive rarely seen a case like this
someone being in a guild with their friends for group hunts, and also running another guild?
again, rarely seen a case like this
owning two guilds with diff chars which are allied?
why would you own two seperate guilds? Just make one guild.
theres many reasons someone would want to be in more than one guild.
nothings stopping you making a character with a different name
i know your being original with ideas, and having just one name for an account makes it simple, but i bet you'll come up against a thousand problems doing it.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Lol. People multi-guild on every MMO I've ever played. This idea is possibly even more ridiculous than the name idea. You're just ****ing things up that were fine in the first place. Why don't you put your skills to better use and actually implement features that won't lead to downfall (even if it is only to a minority).

Status
Not open for further replies.