Release Mir2 Files (Close to Official Korea)

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Re: New Mir2 Files (Close to Official Korea)

Ive noticed that the new skills dont work properply anyway. Like Elvin said. Hellfire comes out the warrior one. The 2 coloured magic shield thing turns into magic shield and the assault looking skill just does halfmoon.

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom

But at least you can connect ect, other stuff can be sorted later.

1.jpg

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex

the images were for those that havent downloaded or set up yet so they can see for them selves a few bit added to the Diamond files.

why do people have to be so negative on this forum ffs.

@Kill if you are a taoist the 2 coloured shield is exactly what it should be but any other class and yeah its magicshield.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

isnt the magic shield similar to mir3 1... cant remmeber wot it does but if u die with it on u revive back to 1/2 hp or soemthing?

files look nice... but they still seem a lil bit too buggy 2 run a server off em, well not unless u do a lot of work
hopefully they continue to translate toenglish and update would be cool havin a few new mir files out there other than TDs, eg. this and carbon mir.. kinda makes u think that mir isnt diein lol

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006

i see what bons saying,only 1 set of files does make mir boring..i might have ago at translating the db,nice release aswell:P

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland

but they still seem a lil bit too buggy 2 run a server off em

You think all files are buggy
There is very little wrong with these files, there are no bugs that are going to stop a server from running
Yes maybe a couple of magic images are not working fully (easy fixed) but thats hardly a large enough bug to stop a server running

And whats all this about translating, maybe its just me but the files i have are 90% english and the only DB table thats chinese is the magic one (2 minute job)

BH

Snowman

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 30, 2005

has anyone got the translated client sorted then? cba with the chinese lettering :P

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom

What BH said... Altho some of the spells have weird names but easy enough to figure out if you use you brain. People who say the files are to buggy are stupid and lazy, Theres hardly anything wrong with the files (Compared to some of the stuff released in the past).

In fairness this is prob one of the easiest releases i've setup lol.

Snowman

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 30, 2005

are the dbs same as dm2 / tds 2.3 file dbs so i can just look at their english db and copy the names? i noticed the magic dbs are same so i just askin if others are too incase i go thru it all renaming wrong stuff

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Update already, not much new but the M2Server is now unpacked so the files can be fully translated.

Get it here

Main post also contains the update

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK

Update already, not much new but the M2Server is now unpacked so the files can be fully translated.

Get it here

Main post also contains the update

well done =) and i must say thanks for the files they work great

couple of questions

1) what are the names of the new skills ? official names ?
2) is it better to use these with sql or just keep as access ?
3) seems that when you create an account it makes you an admin or all accounts seem to have gm permissions on mine lol

cheers

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland

are the dbs same as dm2 / tds 2.3 file dbs so i can just look at their english db and copy the names? i noticed the magic dbs are same so i just askin if others are too incase i go thru it all renaming wrong stuff

Whats are you talking about
The only part of the Data.mdb file that is untranslated is the magic table all the rest is english
There is nothing to translate

Bar a few strings in the client and the M2server these files are english

BH

Snowman

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 30, 2005

Whats are you talking about
The only part of the Data.mdb file that is untranslated is the magic table all the rest is english
There is nothing to translate

Bar a few strings in the client and the M2server these files are english

BH

ahh, i had the wrong data.mdb open lol, the 1 in main directory is all squares, i take it its the 1 in the Envir folder i need to look at?

edit: some reason its not letting me learn skills...

Last edited:

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK

sorted the gm thing lol, for anyone else that doesnt know go to the tab on the m2server that looks like ??(O)

select game

then server mode

then starting permission

set that to 0 and save, you will need to open the data.mdb in the envir folder and goto tbl_admin and add you char name to it

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex

look in the envir folder for the near on bar the magic table.( i believe this is the one being used from envir)
the db in the main folder is the chinese one so it could be that eisky/lom2 has made them both readable

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire

what program is needed to read the DB ?? lol , these files look rather nice and cud gimme someink todo for abit

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK

what program is needed to read the DB ?? lol , these files look rather nice and cud gimme someink todo for abit

microsoft access

edited:

been mucking about for a few hours now, the files are great, a few issues nothing major tho

1) 1000 stat cap is still in play with these files so if your looking at using them for a high stat server think again unless the chap who coded them lifts this your stuck

2) i cant seem to get redhalfmoon functioning correctly, it just does the standard half moon skill

3) some translating needs to be done but nothing major

4) blizzard, meteorstrike and poison cloud dont have a delay between casting and no matter what you set fld_delay to it doesnt change, also those skills register no damage on trainers, but on mobs there fine

5) horse doesnt function correctly, the client doesnt display the horse image and when you run about the top of the screen view flashes black

apart from these minor issues the files run very smooth, i would say they run better on my machine then td's files do there is no lag when i run about etc thats poss due to it running in access and not sql

not sure what can be done about the above ?

Last edited:

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex

all tabs are now in english not just some of em, im just running through the startup list now.
cba to do it fully so im just partially translating as to what i can fit in:P