Release Mir2 Files (Close to Official Korea)

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
The source code for this is very old an outdated, there's source which has "ALL" bugs, cheats and exploits all fixed and also from what i was told is that it also includes a DDOS shield for UBER protection.

There are tons of new features to it like the ability to broadcast live radio aka mp3's off of a server instead of them going into the client and all the korean bits working, minus the new Ninja job and skills.

Ritek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2004
is there a working MP3 plugin lying around anywhere? Surely putting MP3's into the client is easyer then streaming them. eek bandwith, 40 - 50 players on 1 map listening to a stream of 128kbps (minimum imo, but i love m sound quality) / 192 or even 320 is easily going to eat up your dedi bandwidth unless there is some way to stream to a relay.

Do you have any more in deph details on this streaming feature?

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
you probley dont need a mp3 plugin, hero has had this for ages its done by the mapinfo.txt

just add it were it is located

lif

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The source code for this is very old an outdated, there's source which has "ALL" bugs, cheats and exploits all fixed and also from what i was told is that it also includes a DDOS shield for UBER protection.

There are tons of new features to it like the ability to broadcast live radio aka mp3's off of a server instead of them going into the client and all the korean bits working, minus the new Ninja job and skills.

Since when is 3 month old source considered outdated. And I doubt you're right there will never be bug free source code.

There is basically 3 sets of base source code out there. They are the C++ Files, the Plumewind Files and the Official Philli files. Every single set of Mir files have been built around them.

No one ever fixed up the C++ files (Mir2EI) although numerous attempts where made.

The Plumewind files (Aka 1.9) source code was stolen and leaked and where fixed up by numerous Chinese groups and by Nick and Damian over here. They've formed the core of every set of files since be they Hero or otherwise.

The Philli source code while fairly old was only released recently. From what I've seen the Chinese are not interested in this source except to maybe nick some code from it.

I can name every group that physical codes and releases files these days and of them only one is close to what you say and that's UC845 and I can ensure you that they are not bug or exploit free and are based on the LOM2 source you just said was old and outdated. They are currently working on adding the 4th class.

Chinese servers have had the Music system for god knows how long now in different variations such as an NPC Command, Mapinfo ( MUSIC(webaddressofmp3)) and Mapinfo (MP3 name file located client side). It's not a new feature and it ain't a special feature.

Most of this is pointless to us of course since the Chinese pack there files mainly (Including UC845 although there client is easy to unpack)

Ritek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2004
why do they bother adding protection to there files? is it big business or somthing? do people in china actually buy / sell files?

Nightwolf

Developer
VIP
Jul 16, 2003
Manchester, UK
why do they bother adding protection to there files? is it big business or somthing? do people in china actually buy / sell files?

thats basically right there is allot of chinese groups out there that do sell files etc.. including mir3 files and yeah there is people who buy then aswell which keep them going.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy

There are chinese forums around and probley korean as well, that not only sell engines (M2) and full set server files...
but sell servers up and running with players on

and iam not just talking mir, all games

neally all also come with a matching website, but remember they are all packed and wrong language

lif

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Can Anyone explain to me how to set the client up to connect to my server via lan ip adress, My server is all up and running with no errors i just keep getting connection closed well it seems that way anyway, Any help would be greatful.

EDIT: Does anyone have some working ini files for the 2.6 client? Thats what im needing.

Cheers

/Zen2

Last edited:

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
This isn't about setting server up - I've got a problem with client it comes up with Error Report, dont send or send. Any ideas?

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
Ok, I've downloaded all stuff, got it working, account made, char made, char is admin.. But cant learn any skills, cause the entire database is locked, and I cant make new books, or edit old ones.. I cant even edit currently made items.. How do I un-lock it?

Last edited:

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
kk, any1 unpacked the last files??? coz the 8.3.1.4 patch isn't very good!!

the DARK flag on mapinfo isn't working so all maps are like daylight lol...

Can some1 unpack the later versions please!!!!!

zdsty90

Banned
Banned
Oct 19, 2012
[2013/8/5 11:12:38] StartTimer exception:Cannot open file "F:\Mir2Server\M2Server\Envir\MonItems\???.txt". 文件名、目录名或卷标语法不正确。

怎么解决?