Clash Project.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Is it just me, or does anyone else hate the torches light?

Goes from lit to dark instantly, should be more fading imo.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Make it so the monsters go on fire when attacked by fire?:) And make them run around while fire is on them :P Would be funny LOL.

But watchin the monsters on fire would be somet to watch :P:)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Is it just me, or does anyone else hate the torches light?

Goes from lit to dark instantly, should be more fading imo.

Easiliy changed. Just a case of changing two numbers.

Make it so the monsters go on fire when attacked by fire?:) And make them run around while fire is on them :P Would be funny LOL.

But watchin the monsters on fire would be somet to watch :P:)

:P I Don't really have the animations of a monster screaming and running around on fire, Other wise I'd have it in :P

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
you could even go onto another level,

if your using ignis element and u attack something, you could inflict ''burn'' damage, which deals damage over time, could have cold element to freeze and lower movement/attack speed.

wind could repulse mobs etc etc.

Kaal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 19, 2008
Aye, i dn't know how coding works but wouldnt applying a burn over time effect simply involve substituting the poison effect with a different graphic to replace the 'green' body.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Yeh it's a easy code to do, simple matter of making a piece of code activate randomly when the Fire element is used. Same as poison except it's not 100% lol.

The animation of burning an stuff can be coded but he would need an entire animation or even just still images which slightly change that the code can cycle through to give an animation effect.

P.S:
I could prob create a few animations for the elements if you like Jamie, but they won't be custom, will basically just find a cycle of images an chuck it together (Not literally of course lol), but i don't have much time on my hands so it could take a little while :P

Animations for the effects of Burning, Freezing etc i mean :P if you were going to add it obviously

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Yeh it's a easy code to do, simple matter of making a piece of code activate randomly when the Fire element is used. Same as poison except it's not 100% lol.

The animation of burning an stuff can be coded but he would need an entire animation or even just still images which slightly change that the code can cycle through to give an animation effect.

P.S:
I could prob create a few animations for the elements if you like Jamie, but they won't be custom, will basically just find a cycle of images an chuck it together (Not literally of course lol), but i don't have much time on my hands so it could take a little while :P

Animations for the effects of Burning, Freezing etc i mean :P if you were going to add it obviously
Thank you for the offer but im not going to code anything like this, Elements are already a massive advantage.

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
I downloaded everything and when i want to start the client, i get an error saying the following:

"Failed to start DirectX:
Error in the application"

What can i do to solve this problem?

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
That is currently an old client and won't be used for the final launch, but in an attempt to solve your issue as it will be applicable to the new client.

In the config.ini change UseHardware to false, (If it was already false, try True).

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Good stuff. Will be waiting to see more from this project :)

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
I've done everything, which you've stated and i am still getting the same error. Is there any other methods that i could use in order to fix this problem?

Also, I'd like to say thank you for taking the time to help me sort out this issue.

akira87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
I had a similar problem even though I had direct X installed I had to redownload and install it and after that it worked with no problems.

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
I had a similar problem even though I had direct X installed I had to redownload and install it and after that it worked with no problems.
Can you give me the link that you've downloaded?

I'll try to re-download it again using the link, which i have been given, but i don't believe it will make any difference. I'll report back on whether it works or not.

akira87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
Are all the files in the right locations? because when I extracted it to a folder I had a data file in the wrong place just try moving them into your main directory where they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.