Clash Project.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
[FONT=&quot]Clash Project.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What is the Clash Project?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The project is Mir 2 recreated from scratch in a different language (C#.NET),I decided a while ago that I wanted to make a server, but there was no source codes out there to the standard I hoped for (Contained too many unwanted features for my preference). So rather than spending time filtering out what I wanted/didn't want I made my own source. During development I added Mir 3 functionality, Maps, Magic, Mobs and Effects. I also extended the client for Woool Images/Graphics.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Progress
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]last week or so I put together a test client in .Net 2.0 for people to log on and test. I gained valuable information from this which has been used to improve the full client. I hope at some point this weekend I will be able to distribute the full version of the clash client which is in .Net 4.0.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Links
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Previous Thread
Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 Download
Direct X Download

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Future Plans
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once I am happy with the source codes, I plan to run a server using them, The main aim for this is to see how well they functions and to provide an example of what can be done with the source codes. If the server fails to launch successfully, Fails as whole or lost the interest of the community[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I will release the Source codes for Open Source development. I plan to release only after as to not expose (if any) potential exploits that could ruin the server and the development of the project as a whole (Including after Source release). Ultimately If I could decide to release earlier but that would depend on the community at the time.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Things to do before launch
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bear in mind that most of the mention tasks below have already been coded and just require "Attaching" to the client.
[/FONT]

• [*]User Controls
    [*]Player Sync
    [*]Player Actions
    [*]Monster Sync
    [*]Monster Actions
    [*]Magics
  • Item Functions
  • Chat Functions
  • Item Using

[*]Minor Misc's Issues
    [*]Error Recording
    [*]Other Game Functions
Once completed I should be ready to launch a server in Alpha/Beta State.

As always, Comments and Questions are very much welcome, [FONT=&quot]Criticism [/FONT]is welcome so long as its constructive. I plan to keep this main post as updated as possible this time around.

Last edited:

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
very nice work.. glad to see a clean thread also!

i agree with the part saying that source will be released after.. it is correct since security issues must be kept out until you can..

keep up the work, surely this is one of the most important things happening around here lately!

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Going by your post showing all elements activating together (Which i think is a good idea for the record lol), does this mean your not having the most powerful element take priority?

E.g. Mino mobs are effected most by Ice (According to Mir3), if you had +3 Fire and +1 Ice, which element would have the most effect? Cause showing them all at 1 time is good but it doesn't really give a clear idea of which element will be taking priority when it comes to the actual damage output

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Going by your post showing all elements activating together (Which i think is a good idea for the record lol), does this mean your not having the most powerful element take priority?

E.g. Mino mobs are effected most by Ice (According to Mir3), if you had +3 Fire and +1 Ice, which element would have the most effect? Cause showing them all at 1 time is good but it doesn't really give a clear idea of which element will be taking priority when it comes to the actual damage output
Valid Question, but ultimately useless :p

Elements are not like mir 3, they are alot better, How ever I'm not prepared to hand out the forumla, but every element will take effect.

Last edited:

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Maybe you can revive the world of mir with this client!

"Good Luck!"

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
im sure his client doesnt have to much new/different things except exe =P

Apart from the mir 3/wool additions :P Quick question, when server has passed all beta phrases will you be hosting server from a dedi or a home pc? i suspect your going to get a reasonable usercount so would be nice to be on a dedi. Your project has come along way in such a short time so well done and looking forward to seeing how it runs.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Made a few touched to the effects.

Here is the Fire Effect.

Might need a tweek or two, Whats your opinions?

(May still be Processing)
[Youtube]qp3xIk5DKMM[/YouTube]

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk

Here is the Fire Effect.

[Youtube]qp3xIk5DKMM[/Youtube]

I like the middle effect but not too keen on the outter circle glow bit, could get annoying after awhile.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara

Here is the Fire Effect.

[Youtube]qp3xIk5DKMM[/Youtube]

spotted something xD
why hen's dont attack u ? they should wipe ur ass for hittim them :P

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Nice work,

and @ those haters, You get what your given. Cant please everyone jamie

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Nice work,

and @ those haters, You get what your given. Cant please everyone jamie

They're not haters, he asked for opinions on it, if he wanted everyone to say WOW JAMIE THAT LOOKS SO SEXY I'M GOING TO GO HAVE A SUPER **** OVER IT RIGHT NOW. Why would he ask?

/Nymph

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
The outer glow isn't much of a problem, but does it come from the attack or from hitting mobs, cause if you hit like 10 mobs at once....then it could be a little annoying...and i'd imagine laggy also (Especially if your in a group with wizzys)

Lowki1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 5, 2007
Agreed the normal flame is fine its just the "ripple" that emanates that could get annoying.

Oerot

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 11, 2010
I think it should also depend on what kind of weapons. Not really too fond of the fancy effects for elements (wouldn't it be better if small effects appeared at +3, and bigger ones at +5? etc), would just generally be annoying to see all these effects appearing on screen at once along with all the monsters, people, rev bars, spells, monster spells, sounds etc.

What about the possibility of glowing weapons, or changing colours? The stronger the glow, the stronger the element.

Status
Not open for further replies.