Mir Source Codes -- Client and Servers

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
o_O i guess this is nice, but i dunno, theyre not working so they pretty much suck for noobs like meh :P

Damian

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
What you need to understand is that the source is in c++, to be able to
modify it you need a good understanding of c++, simple modifications are easy
enough just by looking at examples within the source, but to make any real
improvements to it you need to know what you ar doing, c and c++ are
2 of the hardest programming languages around.

Now just to help you out, the biggest problem i've found is in the GateInfo.cpp
which is the GateInfo::Send function, fix this and, I guess you can get ingame,
which is a start..., basically the server fails to send the messages back to the client
and this function is where it fails... I haven't had a good look through it, but thats
what i see so far...

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Dark12345 said:
whta is this thing ,ive heard in past its really gd and euro mir wud b on us liek hawks if we had them
A source code is basically the code which is used to compile the .exe (compiling - translates the code into a working .exe,which can be run). If the source codes for both server and clients is fixed, somebody will have the power to change any part of mir they liked (potentially allowing complete modification of Mir itself).

Hope you understand what this means now...

Edit: and basically this is a big problem for wemade, because anyone can learn how to exploit the bugs within the game, and potentially, run their own regularly updated mir server, which could also prove more popular than WEMADE's P2P game, this obviously posses a great threat to them. So i guess it's in their best interests to ensure that this is not made possible. Who can predict what kind of firestorm WEMADE could create...

Last edited:

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth
Wittin said:
A source code is basically the code which is used to compile the .exe (compiling - translates the code into a working .exe,which can be run). If the source codes for both server and clients is fixed, somebody will have the power to change any part of mir they liked (potentially allowing complete modification of Mir itself).

Hope you understand what this means now...

Edit: and basically this is a big problem for wemade, because anyone can learn how to exploit the bugs within the game, and potentially, run their own regularly updated mir server, which could also prove more popular than WEMADE's P2P game, this obviously posses a great threat to them. So i guess it's in their best interests to ensure that this is not made possible. Who can predict what kind of firestorm WEMADE could create...

nice yes i did understand thx :D eny1 edited it gd yet?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
not really. i dont think anyones got the complete source codes for the server. youknowwho reprogrammed the whole thing and made his own mir2. and the theres the emulators and add-ons.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
KurtBMX said:
100% Agree, hope these dont get into the wrong hands.
They are already in the wrong hands - everyone has them within a click. I dont think it is such a problem, that anyone can get hold of the sources.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
hardly anyone can programme in C++ in lomcn, some people might have some knowedge of it, but not enough to complete the source. IMO this is good, for some people who now would want to try and learn some C++ so that they can try and edit it.

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Toxick said:
hardly anyone can programme in C++ in lomcn, some people might have some knowedge of it, but not enough to complete the source. IMO this is good, for some people who now would want to try and learn some C++ so that they can try and edit it.

Yeah, except everyone here has been flocking to VB like it's the holy grail or something...

The transition from VB to C++ is by no account an easy one, purely because VB is all about hiding the nasty bits that gave C++ it's power.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Toxick said:
hardly anyone can programme in C++ in lomcn, some people might have some knowedge of it, but not enough to complete the source.
this is right but i still believe that there is some people with the right knowledge for this, maybe even enough to make the source work. i know thats the most experts of this community have teamed up already to check this files and didnt have luck with it but we should retry once more.

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
Yeah, except everyone here has been flocking to VB like it's the holy grail or something...

The transition from VB to C++ is by no account an easy one, purely because VB is all about hiding the nasty bits that gave C++ it's power.
lol. Hence the name, Visual Basic.

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
mStation said:
this is right but i still believe that there is some people with the right knowledge for this, maybe even enough to make the source work. i know thats the most experts of this community have teamed up already to check this files and didnt have luck with it but we should retry once more.

Lol. I have a strange feeling it's very much possible ;)

slippy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
IRELAND
i ish takin a look at the source, seems interesting, although dont let it get out too much, else were gonna become a community whos gonna be struggling to make anti cheat systems for servers, instead of actually makin progress, if you get my drift.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
well they dont work, and i dont think the people that wud get them to work wud use them to make cheats, maybe if they released it working people may make cheats, but still they wud have to be smart to make them :P