Mir Source Codes -- Client and Servers

smoochy boys on tour

Xypher

LOMCN Senior Member
Veteran
May 4, 2003
Dunno Posts:4000000
In MirServerSources\GameGate\Abusive.cpp

if (*pszFilter == 0 && nChange >= (int)(memlen(&m_szAbusiveList[0]) - 1))
{
for (int nCnt = nChange; nCnt > 0; nCnt--)
*(pszSrc - nCnt) = '*';
}

pszFilter = &m_szAbusiveList[0];
nChange = 0;

-----------
Where the '*' is... When you type like b!tch and it comes up as ***** .. if i changed the '*' to '&' everytime someone typed b!tch is would come up as &&&&&?

Just a question.. and again.. what to use to compile???.. i looked the tool file and ran the encodesize and test_encode and neither did anything that looked like compileing..

This code is in C++ 6.0

TheMonk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
The Void
c++ 6

yeah that would look right
but changing the mask on a swarefilter is the least of your worries with these files

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
it will probably ruin the mir community more than make it better. but hey, how worse can it get lol.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
lol only if they get them working, and even then i dont think it wud :P

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
i downloaded and looked over them ... are meesed up ... but can be fixed .. + the majority of errors are from "uses" .... :) that can be solved very fast .. indeed this client needs a lot of work .. unsleeped nights .. but i think is possible to repair as dw and monk did

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
DW didnt use that version of the client source

I gave him a more fixed up version and afaik he and themonk got it working in a couple of days

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
Xypher said:
In MirServerSources\GameGate\Abusive.cpp

if (*pszFilter == 0 && nChange >= (int)(memlen(&m_szAbusiveList[0]) - 1))
{
for (int nCnt = nChange; nCnt > 0; nCnt--)
*(pszSrc - nCnt) = '*';
}

pszFilter = &m_szAbusiveList[0];
nChange = 0;

-----------
Where the '*' is... When you type like b!tch and it comes up as ***** .. if i changed the '*' to '&' everytime someone typed b!tch is would come up as &&&&&?

Just a question.. and again.. what to use to compile???.. i looked the tool file and ran the encodesize and test_encode and neither did anything that looked like compileing..

This code is in C++ 6.0

Mir2 Help section will be once again full with noobs asking questions about "How do i get my font pink", etc...

Oh well.
Nice release mental.

Xypher

LOMCN Senior Member
Veteran
May 4, 2003
Uhmm... the thing is.. if lomcn was based on people answering those kind of questions then we would be alot biggger.. but we just tell people to use search and give blunt answers and people are just like 'screw this.. no real support, i have no interest in it' ... would you really gain any interest in a games serverfiles if people just asked you to search? .. maybe if you worked for a gaming company and not just a 15years old kid or somethin.

questions about "How do i get my font pink",

well .. that would get mir2 help section more populated atleast.. more people that come and ask questions like that would be better.. would allow us all to totally customize our clients..

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
Xypher said:
Uhmm... the thing is.. if lomcn was based on people answering those kind of questions then we would be alot biggger.. but we just tell people to use search and give blunt answers and people are just like 'screw this.. no real support, i have no interest in it' ... would you really gain any interest in a games serverfiles if people just asked you to search? .. maybe if you worked for a gaming company and not just a 15years old kid or somethin.

questions about "How do i get my font pink",

well .. that would get mir2 help section more populated atleast.. more people that come and ask questions like that would be better.. would allow us all to totally customize our clients..
Please tell me how changing the word filter replacer to an "&" or whatever you want to change it to is going to help the people at LOMCN progress in Mir?

If it was a question like "Is this where i add the new mon files" then that would be fine.
But im sure people dont want a new word filter replacer.

N00b: "Omg, a server with &'s instead of *'s. This is &&&&ing amazing!"

Apart from the noobs thou, the rest of the people will be wanting more mon/object/etc... files and more tbh.

Danny-B-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 16, 2004
I agree that sometime people can be very blunt and offer little help in the help sections but at the same time there are a few who go out their way to help ... which is good .

Noobs come in two flavours .. Ones who want to learn and only ask when they need to . (Me :D )

Noobs who havnt got a clue and arent really interested in learning much, youll see thread after thread after thread askin basic things which are covered many times , so i can understand why people get pissed off and reply with sarchastic comments ....

Big up to the learning noobs :D

Damian

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
You can't just learn this stuff, the simple fact is NO noob is ever gonna get
this source to work - the end!

C++ is not something you learn in a week, and this source is not simple
even for those who know c++ well, otherrwise everyone would have a
working version...

Danny-B-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 16, 2004
You can't just learn this stuff, the simple fact is NO noob is ever gonna get
this source to work - the end!

C++ is not something you learn in a week, and this source is not simple
even for those who know c++ well, otherrwise everyone would have a
working version...

I wasnt refering to a noob learning C++ and fixing these files,

I know very little of C++, but i still downloaded just to see what its all about.
If someone manages to get these working then fair play to them ... i dont see how it could be a bad thing really.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
once u learn how to program, you soon realise how giving out the source can effect a program.

Xypher

LOMCN Senior Member
Veteran
May 4, 2003
YoYoYo said:
Please tell me how changing the word filter replacer to an "&" or whatever you want to change it to is going to help the people at LOMCN progress in Mir?

If it was a question like "Is this where i add the new mon files" then that would be fine.
But im sure people dont want a new word filter replacer.

N00b: "Omg, a server with &'s instead of *'s. This is &&&&ing amazing!"

Apart from the noobs thou, the rest of the people will be wanting more mon/object/etc... files and more tbh.

Well somebody was in a bad mood. I was trying to see if what I had found was actually that easy to find. I didn't think if i opened a file like the mirserver source that i would beable to scroll and just see it.. i thought maybe it would be a bit more harder coding or somethin..

btw.. mon/objects are in the mir client source not the mirserver source.. soo mmk.. lol