2.3 server setup guide

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
i did not make this guide or the files, so full credit to the maker of the guide.

Step 1: Getting the Server Files

visit this thread and download the files:TD'S FILES ALL IN ONE - Legend of Mir 2.3 Server Files. (fully updated by jasper and elvin) full credit to them for the release

Step 2: Setting Up Your Server

Extract your files to C:/mirserver folder. This is the place where the server is set to run. This can be edited later on by hexing the server files but do this for now.

Now then go to your Legend of Mir Game Folder > Maps and copy all the maps to your C:/mirserver/m2server/maps folder. This way the map info is directly taken from the client and need not be download along with the server itself. And this will also reduce client incompatibility problems.

Now setting up the IP's of your server. You need to set them to 127.0.0.1 (Local) if you want it to work offline or 192.168.XXX.XXX (WAN or LAN IP) to either run it on LAN or over the net. The correct server name would be Diamond.

Go to C:/mirserver/DBServer/addrtable.txt and set all your IP's to the required one.
Do the same in the following files too.

C:/mirserver/DBServer/serverinfo.txt
C:/mirserver/DBServer/dbsrc.ini
C:/mirserver/LoginGate/config.ini
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/addrtable.txt
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/serveraddr.txt
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/UserLimit.txt
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/Logsrv.ini
C:/mirserver/LogServer/LogData.ini
C:/mirserver/M2Server/runaddr.txt
C:/mirserver/M2Server/servertable.txt
C:/mirserver/M2Server/Setup.txt
C:/mirserver/RunGate/Config.ini
C:/mirserver/SelGate/Config.ini

Congratulations for setting up your server!

Step 3: Setting Up SQL Server 2000

DOWNLOAD SQL SERVER 2000 HERE - You can download SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition from here.
SQL 2000 MIRROR DOWNLOAD or from this link provided by koni

Once downloaded, install SQL Server 2000 by setting the system to "local" and the authentication mode to "mixed" and set a "sa" password.

After the installation, start Service Manager and let it run.

Congratulations! You have installed SQL Server 2000.

Step 4: Restoring the Databases

Now go to Enterprise Manager>Local>Databases
Here you will find that there are already a few default databases. Right click and create a new database called "mir2"

Then right click on this new database and go to All Tasks>Restore Database
Here select the option of "From Device" and then select the location of the database which in this case is /DBServer/lom2restorethis In this case the DB provided is already in the *.bak format and hence need not be force restored. If it aint, then go to the second tab and tick the option - force restore and then click OK.

Congratulations! You have successfully restored your databases.

Extra Note: To add yourself as a GM, go to the mir2 database and look for the table called "admin" and return all rows on it and then enter your ID and other details there. That particular ID will from now be the GM ID. Account must be created in the account table.

Step 5: Configuring Your Server Part 2

Go to the folder /DBServer/dbsrc.ini and edit the following.

SQLType = mssql
SQLHost = localhost
SQLPort = 3306
SQLDatabase = mir2
SQLUsername = sa
SQLPassword = (Enter the password you entered while setting up SQL Server 2000).

Then Go to the folder /M2Server/Setup.txt and edit the following.

UseSQL = True
SQLHost = 127.0.0.1 (which is nothing but your localhost)
SQLUsername = sa
SQLPassword = (Enter the password you entered while setting up SQL Server 2000)
SQLDatabase = mir2
SQLType = mssql (if you are working with MySQL2005 change this to mysql)

Congratulations! You have successfully configured your server.

Step 6: Running the Server

Run them in the following order.

1. m2server/m2server.exe
2. gamegate/gamegate.exe
3. DBServer/dbserver.exe
4. logingate/logingate.exe
5. loginsrv/loginsrv.exe
6. logserver/LogDataServer.exe
7. Selgate/Selgate.exe

Note: It would be advisable to run DBServer.exe before all the other servers though.

Congratulations! Your Server Is up and running.

Step 7: Setting Up The Client

Go to the server folder /m2server and copy and paste the mir2.exe in your game folder. Then go to the game folder and open mir.ini and save all the IP's (3 of them) to either your local IP 127.0.0.1 or your LAN or WAN IP which ever you entered in your server files and save this file as mir2.ini

Create an account as mentioned earlier and then run mir2.exe.

Congratulations! You are in the game. Have fun now.

Last edited:
Reactions: D4N0

Mezoko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2005
You're pretty great lol :P
When i installed XP back onto my pc, forgot to install my Sound Driver lol.
I'll reboot my pc now and see the results.
Do you have msn? If so, please add [email protected]
As i could use someone with your depth of knowledge to help me :)

Edit: I can now get on the client, but i think i've got some wrong ips because i can't log in :P

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mezoko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2005
I wanted to have my server available for me and a couple of friends to play, so i tried to change the ips appropriately. However, it failed :P

Could you help me put in the correct ips?

Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
this is a quick guide for going online with your files and i wrote it quickly because going into the specific is difficult without knowing what things you have in your house.. this is for playing online and lan together..

download my server files and open this files with notepad.. all of them..

mir2.ini (inside client)
servers.ini (inside client)
!addrtable.txt (inside DBServer)
!serverinfo.txt (inside DBServer)
dbsrc.ini (inside DBServer)
Config.ini (inside Gamegate)
Config.ini (inside Logingate)
!addrtable.txt (inside LoginSrv)
!serveraddr.txt (inside LoginSrv)
Logsrv.ini (inside LoginSrv)
!runaddr.txt (inside m2server)
!servertable.txt (inside m2server)
!Setup.txt (inside m2server)
Config.ini (inside Selgate)

change all the 127.0.0.1 to your local network ip which could be something like 192.168.xxx.xxx

btw it's important to have your router giving a static ip to your network card.. do to this you have to set up a rule in your router that assigns a specific ip to your card which will be recognized by its mac address.. this is important because it might happen that if you got dhcp and u restart the computer u will get a new local address different to the ones you have setted in the server files and u will have to reset them again..

after doing this u have to add some tcp udp ports in the nat of your router.. this allows traffic to pass on those ports.. the ports you have to unblock are the port 7000, port 7100, port 7200

now that you did both of the things you must remember to always set the client correctly.. this means that the files we need to set each time (for each different case) are the following:

the mir2.ini in the client folder should look like this:
[setup]
patched=0
Param1=127.0.0.1
Param2=
Param3=
Param4=
Param5=
[Option]
SkillSetting=0
Sound=1
ShowAllItem=0
EffectSetting=1
ShowSkillBar=0

if you want to play the game from the same computer that has the server running

should look like this:
[setup]
patched=0
Param1=192.168.xxx.xxx
Param2=
Param3=
Param4=
Param5=
[Option]
SkillSetting=0
Sound=1
ShowAllItem=0
EffectSetting=1
ShowSkillBar=0

if you want to play from a computer which is in your private lan network (ovviously the xxx.xxx must be changed to the ip the computer which is hosting the server has)

and finally if you want someone to play the game over the internet you must give him you external ip address and the files might look like something like this:

[setup]
patched=0
Param1=84.222.85.122
Param2=
Param3=
Param4=
Param5=
[Option]
SkillSetting=0
Sound=1
ShowAllItem=0
EffectSetting=1
ShowSkillBar=0

also the servers.ini must follow the same rules as above

if you want to play from the same computer that hosts the server keep this setup:
[Server1]
ServerName=Diamond
ServerAddr=127.0.0.1
ServerPort=7000
SelectServerAddr=127.0.0.1
SelectServerPort=7100
GameServerAddr=127.0.0.1
GameServerPort=7200

else change the 127.0.0.1 to the network lan ip for lan playing else again change to the external ip for internet playing..

your external ip is shown also by this website if you dont know how to read it from the router..

Upvote 0

Mezoko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2005
What you're saying to do is completely different to what it says in the config(online), dbsrc(online) etc files that exist in the folder. In all of the (online) files, it has a mixture of 127.0.0.1, lan and global ips. What you're saying is make every single ip in every file your lan ip.

For example, in the !serverinfo.txt (inside DBServer), you are saying to make it look like:
192.168.XXX.XXX 192.168.XXX.XXX 7200

when the !serverinfo(online) is saying to make it look like:
127.0.0.1 your external ip 7200

So... Which one is right?
I tried to follow it, and it still didn't work anyway.

Upvote 0

Timmy20231

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2009
Gy
Erm yeah i have this lil problem now:
[28/09/2009 03:44:10] Error: C:\Program Files\Hell 2.3 client\Map\GA1.map failed to load.
[28/09/2009 03:44:10] Error: C:\Program Files\Hell 2.3 client\Map\GA2.map failed to load.
[28/09/2009 03:44:10] Error: C:\Program Files\Hell 2.3 client\Map\GA3.map failed to load.
[28/09/2009 03:44:10] Error: C:\Program Files\Hell 2.3 client\Map\GA0.map failed to load.
[28/09/2009 03:44:10] Error: C:\Program Files\Hell 2.3 client\Map\GA1.map failed to load.
[28/09/2009 03:44:10] Error: C:\Program Files\Hell 2.3 client\Map\GA2.map failed to load.
[28/09/2009 03:44:10] Error: C:\Program Files\Hell 2.3 client\Map\GA3.map failed to load.
Spamming M2Server out any help please?

Upvote 0

hegewes123

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jun 25, 2009
somebody help me!! i got broblem.... i type my ID and password got error in my mir... tats error its ID doesn't not exit or unknown error, and i register new said failed to creat new account -1....
plz teach me how....

Upvote 0

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
think you have to input some data into the SQL on char info or something can't remember exactly what.

Upvote 0

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
somebody help me!! i got broblem.... i type my ID and password got error in my mir... tats error its ID doesn't not exit or unknown error, and i register new said failed to creat new account -1....
plz teach me how....

did u setup sql and restore or dbs ?

also change ur sql id and pass in the setup txt and db server folder

Upvote 0

rain89

LOMCN Leecher
Oct 1, 2009
i got lost at the sql bit ive installed it looked at data bases no mir 2 so im lost im no wizz i just want this up n running to see how it all works

and this isnt fking idiot proof no diagrams or owt for a total stranger to come along n say yes i know wt im doing a more described description would be hlpfull

Last edited:
Upvote 0

neo16uk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
:cursing:been trying all morning to find the problem and i give up guys am sleepy and pissed off i keep geting this error
Untitled.png

Upvote 0

neo16uk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
get error say i have more the 64 back ups or some thing i have no idea what to do it wont restore am use win 7 64bit btw

Upvote 0

neo16uk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
this guide is for windows xp.. What are you using? Also the problem is on the db importing.. You are using a method which on the newer sql is not valid anymore

btw i using this post it sends me bk here

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=65388

ps am sleepy so if i posring load of crap will talk to you all laters thanks in advance

Erm.... hehe i figured it out working fine now ty guys ty also mstation for give me the friendly nuj in the right direction ^^ wont take up any more of ur time guys thanks again hope the rest works now :P

Last edited:
Upvote 0