2.3 server setup guide

smoochy boys on tour

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
i did not make this guide or the files, so full credit to the maker of the guide.

Step 1: Getting the Server Files

visit this thread and download the files:TD'S FILES ALL IN ONE - Legend of Mir 2.3 Server Files. (fully updated by jasper and elvin) full credit to them for the release

Step 2: Setting Up Your Server

Extract your files to C:/mirserver folder. This is the place where the server is set to run. This can be edited later on by hexing the server files but do this for now.

Now then go to your Legend of Mir Game Folder > Maps and copy all the maps to your C:/mirserver/m2server/maps folder. This way the map info is directly taken from the client and need not be download along with the server itself. And this will also reduce client incompatibility problems.

Now setting up the IP's of your server. You need to set them to 127.0.0.1 (Local) if you want it to work offline or 192.168.XXX.XXX (WAN or LAN IP) to either run it on LAN or over the net. The correct server name would be Diamond.

Go to C:/mirserver/DBServer/addrtable.txt and set all your IP's to the required one.
Do the same in the following files too.

C:/mirserver/DBServer/serverinfo.txt
C:/mirserver/DBServer/dbsrc.ini
C:/mirserver/LoginGate/config.ini
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/addrtable.txt
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/serveraddr.txt
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/UserLimit.txt
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/Logsrv.ini
C:/mirserver/LogServer/LogData.ini
C:/mirserver/M2Server/runaddr.txt
C:/mirserver/M2Server/servertable.txt
C:/mirserver/M2Server/Setup.txt
C:/mirserver/RunGate/Config.ini
C:/mirserver/SelGate/Config.ini

Congratulations for setting up your server!

Step 3: Setting Up SQL Server 2000

DOWNLOAD SQL SERVER 2000 HERE - You can download SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition from here.
SQL 2000 MIRROR DOWNLOAD or from this link provided by koni

Once downloaded, install SQL Server 2000 by setting the system to "local" and the authentication mode to "mixed" and set a "sa" password.

After the installation, start Service Manager and let it run.

Congratulations! You have installed SQL Server 2000.

Step 4: Restoring the Databases

Now go to Enterprise Manager>Local>Databases
Here you will find that there are already a few default databases. Right click and create a new database called "mir2"

Then right click on this new database and go to All Tasks>Restore Database
Here select the option of "From Device" and then select the location of the database which in this case is /DBServer/lom2restorethis In this case the DB provided is already in the *.bak format and hence need not be force restored. If it aint, then go to the second tab and tick the option - force restore and then click OK.

Congratulations! You have successfully restored your databases.

Extra Note: To add yourself as a GM, go to the mir2 database and look for the table called "admin" and return all rows on it and then enter your ID and other details there. That particular ID will from now be the GM ID. Account must be created in the account table.

Step 5: Configuring Your Server Part 2

Go to the folder /DBServer/dbsrc.ini and edit the following.

SQLType = mssql
SQLHost = localhost
SQLPort = 3306
SQLDatabase = mir2
SQLUsername = sa
SQLPassword = (Enter the password you entered while setting up SQL Server 2000).

Then Go to the folder /M2Server/Setup.txt and edit the following.

UseSQL = True
SQLHost = 127.0.0.1 (which is nothing but your localhost)
SQLUsername = sa
SQLPassword = (Enter the password you entered while setting up SQL Server 2000)
SQLDatabase = mir2
SQLType = mssql (if you are working with MySQL2005 change this to mysql)

Congratulations! You have successfully configured your server.

Step 6: Running the Server

Run them in the following order.

1. m2server/m2server.exe
2. gamegate/gamegate.exe
3. DBServer/dbserver.exe
4. logingate/logingate.exe
5. loginsrv/loginsrv.exe
6. logserver/LogDataServer.exe
7. Selgate/Selgate.exe

Note: It would be advisable to run DBServer.exe before all the other servers though.

Congratulations! Your Server Is up and running.

Step 7: Setting Up The Client

Go to the server folder /m2server and copy and paste the mir2.exe in your game folder. Then go to the game folder and open mir.ini and save all the IP's (3 of them) to either your local IP 127.0.0.1 or your LAN or WAN IP which ever you entered in your server files and save this file as mir2.ini

Create an account as mentioned earlier and then run mir2.exe.

Congratulations! You are in the game. Have fun now.

Last edited:
Reactions: D4N0

Arktica

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2006
firstly thanks veyr much for making tis thread as its brilliant...

thought i did everything required however when i click on the mir2.exe i get the following error

warning:
Data folder could not be found please check the exe is in the correct folder..

whihc folder should it be in as im running the exe from the folder
m2server

Upvote 0

Arktica

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2006
thanks i'll have a look , i was having dificulty finding the ini file so i just downloaded it form the web and chnaged the values, gues i'll have to go find it

Upvote 0

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Ive looked through the initial guide, unless you do something wrong that guide is fool proof.......If your having problems with connecting to your server, a mir2.exe and the appropriate ini files ive uploaded for your.....replace ktest with your server name and 127.0.0.1 with your appropriate IP address.....the exe comes from bandet server so ill take no credit for it.

http://www.shangrisoma.com/Mir2.rar

Upvote 0

Arktica

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2006
i thoguht it was completely fool proof too, but hey theres always 1 and this time it just happens to be me :)
cheers for the replys folks

Upvote 0

nedge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2004
i seem to be getting a error when i run the client?

I get Access Violation in ******** Modula of "Mir2.exe"... so somthing along them lines,

sorry for being so vague... have i got the wrong exe. ??

Just noticed in my client folder all i have is 2 ini's and a .exe, a data folder with 2 or 3 things in surly thats not right lol?..

and surley i shud have a Map folder and a Wav, folder?

Thanks in advance :)

PROBLEM SLOVED HERE...

NEW PROBLEM..

When creating an account i cannot press the OK key.. any ideas.. the Cancle key works..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark666

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2007
I got a bit of a problem,
wont let me create a new account using the exe
and wontlet me log in to GM Char's
thinking sumit to do with the logingate?
not surethough need help;(

Upvote 0

barney79

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2007
i set it all up right but all im getting now is nothing after ive selected the server and typed in my login details? any ideas?
if u want to add me on msn mine is [email protected]

thx in advance

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arktica

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2006
Extra Note: To add yourself as a GM, go to the mir2 database and look for the table called "admin" and return all rows on it and then enter your ID and other details there. That particular ID will from now be the GM ID. Account must be created in the account table

i am unable to locate the account table (in sql) and as a result an facing the following message in game

failed to create new account: -1

i also cant figure out how to create an acocutn using DBserver (nto even sure if this is correct place to try)
any help is appreciated in this as im just getting frustrated now :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NickMason2007

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2007
inside a cake
i got an error when i restord mine it came up

too many backup devices specified for backup or restore only 64 are allowed

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally

Can ne one giz a hand ^^ ty kiddo

Soz if i didnt read as i am busy atm tryina sort the server out

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DLGenesis

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 7, 2004
Start, all programmes, microsoft SQL server 2005, configuration tools, SQL server manager. and 2 more things underneath ->
SQL server error and reporting
SQL Area surface configuration

yer i got the same as him and i got no clue how to us the 2005 version

dam crappy vista >.<

can someone help me?

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Extra Note: To add yourself as a GM, go to the mir2 database and look for the table called "admin" and return all rows on it and then enter your ID and other details there. That particular ID will from now be the GM ID. Account must be created in the account table

i am unable to locate the account table (in sql) and as a result an facing the following message in game

failed to create new account: -1

i also cant figure out how to create an acocutn using DBserver (nto even sure if this is correct place to try)
any help is appreciated in this as im just getting frustrated now :)

I believe you'll need to create an in game char first, this will then start the account table. Your GM char will then exist.

Upvote 0

Johnboi

LOMCN Leecher
Mar 2, 2008
Right I get the sever fully working but when I run the mir2 exe it dosnt work at all, can I just get it right that this should be run from C:\Program Files\WEMADE Entertainment\Legend of Mir ?

Or am I missing something here just if not well my mir.ini contains no IPs at all.

Upvote 0

DLGenesis

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 7, 2004
hey is anyone good with the 2005 sql version coz every time i try and creat the database called lom2 i get this problem >.<

if anyone can help me add me on msn [email protected]

ty

Attachments

• crap2.jpg
    crap2.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 613
Upvote 0

Perrin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2005
I have installed sql and that is running fine, i can also make a char and thats seems fine too, but when i log onto itall i get is a black screen, i have noticed the DiamondM2 program is coming up saying all the map files are missing, but i did copy the map fles into the client and also the sserver files, but i dont know where to set the DiamondM2 prog to look for the correct maps and not the maps that were previously loaded, if that makes sence :P

any help would be greatfully apprreciated

Upvote 0

Meight

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
I have installed sql and that is running fine, i can also make a char and thats seems fine too, but when i log onto itall i get is a black screen, i have noticed the DiamondM2 program is coming up saying all the map files are missing, but i did copy the map fles into the client and also the sserver files, but i dont know where to set the DiamondM2 prog to look for the correct maps and not the maps that were previously loaded, if that makes sence :P

any help would be greatfully apprreciated

Same prob, maps don't load(b35 etc) and can't get past char select as its a black screen and no notice. Also i was misssing character db in sql so left it.

Upvote 0

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
help pls when i want to enter the game , is apearing the image to put my acount and is aperaring also conection closed !!! pls help!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0