Tweak some mob stats to enable reasonable progress

Join Discord

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I got to lev20 on Chickens and that's the only option. I tried deer as the next mob up, but they take more time to kill while giving only 150 more exp (Chicken 900 exp vs Deer 1050 exp)
Also since deer deals some noticeable damage, their flocking at you like a bee on a honey gets on my tits :sick: since I can only deal with them one by one. Their numbers on map are much higher than chicken, it should have been the other way around.
Only saving grace might be if they drop some better items than what chicken do but it seems they drop the same stuff. The tiny exp increase and spawns being too dense forces me to return to chicken map but their thin spawns are not an appealing alternative. Lev20 is then the current game ceiling for a reasonable gameplay.

I think spiders are the next mob up but I don't make any damage to them, while they deal plenty. Lev22 armor wouldn't make any difference if I can't hit them, I have the best weapon available and getting extra 2DC from armor won't change anything.
`````````````````````````````````````````````
Edit: I just found a map I've never been to yet, snakes are OK for the exp increase, 1474 makes them worthwhile. I think I will stay till lev22 then.

================================
Sometimes I stay logged in 24h till next day but occasionally I get disconnected. This message might interest you but probably that means nothing or possibly some occasional fault with your server internet connection. Just thought to post it in case you find it interesting.
1714238740907.png

One of those 'fast travel' points is not configured right, not sure at this point if you might care to fix link on it. I would have to return to map and check on it again to provide details on that. The map names are kind of mixed up in my head and the map alignment on the square grid is confusing when it comes to orientation in the game world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Martyn

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Job Centre Plus
I got to lev20 on Chickens and that's the only option. I tried deer as the next mob up, but they take more time to kill while giving only 150 more exp (Chicken 900 exp vs Deer 1050 exp)
Also since deer deals some noticeable damage, their flocking at you like a bee on a honey gets on my tits :sick: since I can only deal with them one by one. Their numbers on map are much higher than chicken, it should have been the other way around.
Only saving grace might be if they drop some better items than what chicken do but it seems they drop the same stuff. The tiny exp increase and spawns being too dense forces me to return to chicken map but their thin spawns are not an appealing alternative. Lev20 is then the current game ceiling for a reasonable gameplay.

I think spiders are the next mob up but I don't make any damage to them, while they deal plenty. Lev22 armor wouldn't make any difference if I can't hit them, I have the best weapon available and getting extra 2DC from armor won't change anything.
`````````````````````````````````````````````
Edit: I just found a map I've never been to yet, snakes are OK for the exp increase, 1474 makes them worthwhile. I think I will stay till lev22 then.

================================
Sometimes I stay logged in 24h till next day but occasionally I get disconnected. This message might interest you but probably that means nothing or possibly some occasional fault with your server internet connection. Just thought to post it in case you find it interesting.
View attachment 34519

One of those 'fast travel' points is not configured right, not sure at this point if you might care to fix link on it. I would have to return to map and check on it again to provide details on that. The map names are kind of mixed up in my head and the map alignment on the square grid is confusing when it comes to orientation in the game world.
Map Guide should explain how each main map is laid out.

Connection Reached = Just my internet dropping out which will cause the disconnect. (20mb speeds at my house)

Fast Travel, are you able to tell me what one seems to be wrong?

I'll take a look at the spawn rate and exp values of the monsters you mentioned also. Monsters should increase in level/states like this: Rabbit => Sparrow => Chicken => Rat => Deer => Antler => Snake => Fox => Wolf => Tiger => Spider => Giant Spider => Skeleton => Skeleton Warrior => Nehru Gundal => Wicked

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Rabbit => Sparrow => Chicken => Rat => Deer => Antler => Snake

Somehow I got lost after discovering map with Deer (didn't know Antlers have their own map, I thought they might be mixed with Deer on the same map)
I did move among maps but in a sort haphazard fashion since it is hard to remember which map is where or their names. I found two maps with Bichon in name but no mobs on them, sometimes I crossed border to find skeletons that don't do any damage and can't be killed, sometimes I crossed into spider map and backed out since spiders hit too much and I don't do any damage to them.

So I followed the official mob lineup up to deer but even that Deer map I 'found' only by moving into their map via those 'quick teleports' found outside city walls on some maps.
Rabbit => Sparrow => Chicken => Deer =>
And by some magic I crossed into another map today (after you met me in the game) where for the first time I found snakes. Normal 'Snake' gives 1474 exp as you see in the screenshot, Rattlesnakes give much more, almost think it is an oversight but I'll take it without protests. :love:
This is not a screenshot but a combined pic so you see the exp as well as the snake before it is dead. For all I know, you might have added this map with snakes last night or else I just didn't blunder onto it yet.
1714260412909.png

1714260933976.png

I think we will need annotated mir1 world map, somehow this square grid map world with many crossings among maps is hard to keep picture of it in mind. Maybe we just got used to mir2 map layout that it seems easy to know where you are in game and in time it will be the same here, at least I hope. No minimap always visible probably contributes to the loss of orientation.

Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Job Centre Plus
Rabbit => Sparrow => Chicken => Rat => Deer => Antler => Snake

Somehow I got lost after discovering map with Deer (didn't know Antlers have their own map, I thought they might be mixed with Deer on the same map)
I did move among maps but in a sort haphazard fashion since it is hard to remember which map is where or their names. I found two maps with Bichon in name but no mobs on them, sometimes I crossed border to find skeletons that don't do any damage and can't be killed, sometimes I crossed into spider map and backed out since spiders hit too much and I don't do any damage to them.

So I followed the official mob lineup up to deer but even that Deer map I 'found' only by moving into their map via those 'quick teleports' found outside city walls on some maps.
Rabbit => Sparrow => Chicken => Deer =>
And by some magic I crossed into another map today (after you met me in the game) where for the first time I found snakes. Normal 'Snake' gives 1474 exp as you see in the screenshot, Rattlesnakes give much more, almost think it is an oversight but I'll take it without protests. :love:
This is not a screenshot but a combined pic so you see the exp as well as the snake before it is dead. For all I know, you might have added this map with snakes last night or else I just didn't blunder onto it yet.
View attachment 34524
All spawns that you see in game have been in since day 1 (excluding trees)

I will look into the issues you’ve raised.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Antlers :D are quite adequate pets when hunting snakes but you can't just let them do the killing or you don't get exp points for the kill, not even when you first hit the snake. You actually need to be hitting all along to the end of each particular snake to get the exp for it. If in the meantime, while you killing one snake with their help, if other Antlers kill another snake on their own, you get no exp.

Pets hitting a mob doesn't bring up the red HP bar, it shows only when I am hitting.
1714268135773.png 1714268282044.png
Maybe that is how it should be?

Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Job Centre Plus
Antlers are quite adequate pets when hunting snakes but you can't just let them do the killing or you don't get exp points for the kill, not even when you first hit the snake. You actually need to be hitting all along to the end of each particular snake to get the exp for it. If alongside it they Antlers kill another snake on their own, you get no exp.
View attachment 34526 View attachment 34528
Maybe that is how it should be?
This may be due to the monster’s level perhaps? I’m not too sure. Something I’ll note that though