TD 2.3 Server Setup Guide.

Join Discord

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Whatever the other way was that you was doing before, looks like you had two GameGate's running instead of 1 GameGate 1 LoginGate.

Last edited:

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Hi

i have small problem when i want to make new account it says failed To create new account. Also there is message from Login serv says Invalid filename

any help please :)

i second what you are saying. i followed the guide to the letter :( so desperate to get it working lol

EDIT also i cannot download the mongen file :( is there another link for 1? flashget jsut wont download it.

Last edited:

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi

i have small problem when i want to make new account it says failed To create new account. Also there is message from Login serv says Invalid filename

any help please :)

i second what you are saying. i followed the guide to the letter :( so desperate to get it working lol

EDIT also i cannot download the mongen file :( is there another link for 1? flashget jsut wont download it.

check your paths are right ,ie not ---

c:/mirserver/mirserver/

like.
c:/mirserver/

report back if this fixed the problem please.

Last edited:

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
sorry for this extreme noob question but....... where are the paths that i need to check?

oh and thanx for the reply was expecting to wait a couple of days or something for these old files.

EDIT right i found the problem lol. ill explain - because i ahve been ****ing about with so many different server files i have need to store them with different names so i called these files "mirserver2.3" but ive changed them now to "mirserver" and this seems to work. thanx :)

but when i make my account and login i get stuck on the black screen after selecting my character. i think this maybe down to the turning on of all the gates.

so can you list the exes that i need to turn on and in the correct order please. i cant go through that 20min video again just for that lol.

Last edited:

acer777

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
logdataserver
logingate
loginsvr
rungate (NOT GAMEGATE!)
selgate
dbsvr
m2

hope this helped.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
logdataserver
logingate
loginsvr
rungate (NOT GAMEGATE!)
selgate
dbsvr
m2

hope this helped.

i can find them all apart form the logdataserver :(

<<<Dickhead. lol i found it

Thanx acer that helped alot :) its working now. just gota get the mongen in there.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

i have another problem now :(

my sql looks like code instead of a table

h
ow do i change it :(

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
lol, right click the table, i.e. TBL_ADMIN and choose Open Table

I think you double clicked it instead

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
i clicked edit (which would be modify in the guide)

lol this is getting so frustrating that i am making stupid mistakes lol.

EDIT - seems i have alot more info in my mongen than this guide does to start with. im thinking i should just leave it. hmm nothing is spawning when i open the game, had it open for like 30mins now.

Last edited:

acer777

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
i clicked edit (which would be modify in the guide)

lol this is getting so frustrating that i am making stupid mistakes lol.

EDIT - seems i have alot more info in my mongen than this guide does to start with. im thinking i should just leave it.
u are given files do wat u want with them keep the euro mob/caves in or change them completely lol up to u :P.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
right in the mongen video at 10-12 seconds my table looks nothing like his, i have done exactly what the guide says. load the server, then dbl click on databases, then the lom2 folder, then the tables folder and then i edit the TBL_MONGEN table but mine is totally different from his.

mine looks like this ;-

should i just delete it?

EDIT
u are given files do wat u want with them keep the euro mob/caves in or change them completely lol up to u :P.

so how do i make the mobs spawn?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Well if you downloaded the mongen I gave you then yes it will be better than anything that came with the original files (as seen in the video).

You shouldn't even need the mongen video, what's that about anyway? Surely all people have to do is add a working mongen? [MENTION=1161]Mask[/MENTION] [MENTION=14138]Gezza[/MENTION]

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Well if you downloaded the mongen I gave you then yes it will be better than any crap that came with the original files (as seen in the video).

You shouldn't even need the mongen video, what's that about anyway? Surely all people have to do is add a working mongen? [MENTION=1161]Mask[/MENTION] [MENTION=14138]Gezza[/MENTION]

yes i downloaded it but i have done nothing with it to link it to my server so far. the stuff i have in there is the stuff that came with the downloads in this thread but i have not done anything mongen yet apart from watch the guide.

and the mobs dont spawn how do i change that?

EDIT - well i assumed the files didnt come with anything to make the mobs spawn when i was on the server, but my mongen alrdy has stuff init. they jsut dont spawn lol

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Ok then as I said, forget the mongen video. Delete your current TBL_MONGEN and then import the TBL_MONGEN which I linked you to.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
was going to ask how but i just checked the thread you poste dit from and found out. currently downloading it atm :)

will the DBs make the mobs spawn or do i ahve to add some code somewhere or something?

thanx for all the help and patience im sure ill be in need of more help soon enough.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
The db will spawn the mobs. Look for any errors on the M2Server in future and post them here, it will help us understand what is wrong (hopefully).