Sorting Idx field in DBC2000

Join Discord

Aspious

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2003
How do i consecutively sort the Idx field in Database Commander 2000 app, so it goes 1,2,3 ... 500. I need to do this before i load it or i'm gonna get Code=-1 thingeh >_<

n00beh question i know :P

Forbes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 4, 2003
Bonnie Scotland
by browsing down the idx column and checking that the first one says 1
the second says 2 etc so the Idx column suold look like this

etc etc all the way to 500

elliottgeo14

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2003
Leyton, London
#Its not coz of dbcommander#

Aspious, you know that error you keep on getting, i got that error. It aint coz of your db commander, you must of transfered your serverfiles to somewhere else, making the paths different, for example, c:\mirserver is the original but know it is c:\mirserver\mir2serv...

make sure you check to see if the paths are right in the logdata folder, abd all the other folders that show the paths etc..

that should help :)

Aspious

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2003
kk, read me wrong here, is there a way to automatically order them like in a database you can sort by name(aphabetically) or number(chronologically) or another field.

I don't fancy editting the Idx field myself so it reads 1-500.

Plus i don't get that error, it's Idx field is one of the factors that can contribute towards the error, so i read. Long Story.

Thanks for all help though and future help.

Judgement Server Development Team Leader
Fantasy Server Development Team Member

Bugz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2004
I've had a tamper around with dbc mate and i can't seem to find anything that does it...

last time i built up a db i just put the ldx in as you go.

You'll often find dbc isnt the best program for common sense but instead has the trickier stuff that no1 uses to its fullest - like sql

edit - when u built the db up did u put the items in ne particular order - for ex.

dss,
wargodoil,
heavy armour

am curious becuz i is bout to start me own fresh db

Last edited:

Bugz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2004
Viola A.I. said:
No-one uses SQL?! What have you been smokin' boy-o?

I know people use sql, i use sql - i was saying people often dont know how to use it to its fullest. And i'll think u'll find i said it in a tone that didnt say no-one uses it.

Aspious

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2003
I used a current database (current Judgement Server) then removed loads of stuff and added all the new 30+ Quest items and 60+ NewItems. Plus changed all the Image numbers and then all the Shape numbers, but i wasnt checking it using a server at the time(bad practice), so anyway then i decided to add some order, so with a lot of copy, pasting and then deleting stuff i stuck some stuff in order and had an Idx field that was completely random.

Anyway, in the end i started from 1 and went to 450 changing the number manually >_< Next time i aint bothering with order just gonna start from bottom :P

Aspious

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2003
no they don't but it is annoying.

New Question

[@aab]
#IF
DAYOFWEEK MON
#SAY
<Here is your task/@mon>
break
#IF
DAYOFWEEK TUE
#SAY
<Here is your task/@tue>
break
#IF
DAYOFWEEK WED
#SAY
<Here is your task/@wed>

through to Sunday, would that work?

or this

[@aab]
#IF
DAYOFWEEK MON
#SAY
<Here is your task/@mon>
#ELSEIF
DAYOFWEEK TUE
#ELSESAY
<Here is your task/@tue>
#ELSEIF
DAYOFWEEK WED
#ELSESAY
<Here is your task/@wed>

Bit lost on this one, plus as it's looking it might be a huge script and i don't fancy getting lost with it, might just make it into seven NPC's instead of 1.