snow tiles

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
Toxick said:
are they just tiles, or are there objects as well in them?

the .set is for objects, but if there is only tiles, i dont get how that will work. using grass/desert objects on snow tiles=dont look good.

there my tiles.wil and wix and also all my object's basicly everythin u need to see the snow tiles and also the snow trees the cathedral an there are a few other looks in there to.

just have to have a look to see wot u can get with them as im not 100% sure ither.

if a mod reads this it might be a good idea to ither sticky these or copy link and paste them sum were for people to look at???????

if its not a good idea to sticky this i will try an get more info on whats inside them and make a new thread on them???

pm me if thats ok or not.

/Neptune

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
tbh if there is no .set file with them, it is a bit pointless, it is very easy to just convert wils, the hard bit is making the .set file(combining all small images of the objects and adding them, then adding the attrtubite's) and then putting them in the Object set.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Toxick said:
tbh if there is no .set file with them, it is a bit pointless, it is very easy to just convert wils, the hard bit is making the .set file(combining all small images of the objects and adding them, then adding the attrtubite's) and then putting them in the Object set.

most of the objects are perfect in my mapedit and i think that the att r alrdy done for the objects

so it was pointless me uploading these then??

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
yes if you dont friggin up load the .set with it! that what tells the map edit how to place them together and add the attr...

¬_¬

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Toxick said:
yes if you dont friggin up load the .set with it! that what tells the map edit how to place them together and add the attr...

¬_¬

im sorry m8 but thats not 100% true

i can make maps without the .set files and it will place the att fine for me + its not hard to click like 1 botton on then click a few places now an then. well ill tell u wot then since iv uploaded them for everyone u change them to the .set for everyone to

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
Neptune said:
im sorry m8 but thats not 100% true

i can make maps without the .set files and it will place the att fine for me + its not hard to click like 1 botton on then click a few places now an then. well ill tell u wot then since iv uploaded them for everyone u change them to the .set for everyone to

Firstly, that is impossible. When you click Pallette(p) and then click Objects Set, you will get a list of every object cobined together. please tell me how MapEdit knows how to place them together, BECAUSE IT READS IT FROM THE .SET FILE. It is impossible to make maps with objects(unless you do them, image by image) unless you have a .set file, If you knew anything about map editing/making or made any objects yourself, you will know this

Now, why should i do this, i have already made snow tiles, and made a .set file for them, only me and another person has them. Why should i release stuff for a pack of leechs? i would only release it to people that know what they are doing with them, and for you, you have no clue.

Let me explain now to you, how the .set file works.

When you open up Map Edit it will load the the Objects/Tiles .wil/x files that is in its dir. Now if you do not have a .set file and you want to make a map, in the column Pallette(next to File) It will have have 5 buttons. which are:

Tiles
Tiles Details
Object Set
Object
Small tiles

Ill explain them all now

Tiles, now this will load up the tiles.wil/x but for every row there will be a new set of tile(each tile will be placed in a 4x4 area) The way that works is that the way the the tiles.wil/x are compiled(meaning the place's of all images are in) it can tell which ones are the center/side)- If people want me to explain how to place the images in the correct way, pm me :)

Tiles Details, is bassicle all images in the Tiles.wil/x in its order(any smart person will fine the proper way in placing the images)

Now look at the 3rd one, is it called OBJECT SET. I do belive so, if u do not have a .set file loaded it will be 100% blank, if you double click on the blacnk square it will come up with Object Editor, were you can add images from Objects.wil/x place them all togheter and then add the attr, once you click ok, it will then be placed in the Object Set column and then u need to save. Map Editor will read Mir.set as defult, if you dont have a mir.set in the dir, it will be blank(or if its not named mir.set) and you will need to load one.

Objects is basicly all the images in the Object files. and you being able to view Objects1-7(none are supported unless you have a diffrent map edit(with that i dont think any map edit supports it))

and Small tiles are smtiles.wil/x they will go over Tiles.wil/x but under Objects.wil/wix (you dont usualy use these unless you making big maps with paths ect)

please god you can understand now.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Toxick said:
Firstly, that is impossible. When you click Pallette(p) and then click Objects Set, you will get a list of every object cobined together. please tell me how MapEdit knows how to place them together, BECAUSE IT READS IT FROM THE .SET FILE. It is impossible to make maps with objects(unless you do them, image by image) unless you have a .set file, If you knew anything about map editing/making or made any objects yourself, you will know this

Now, why should i do this, i have already made snow tiles, and made a .set file for them, only me and another person has them. Why should i release stuff for a pack of leechs? i would only release it to people that know what they are doing with them, and for you, you have no clue.

Let me explain now to you, how the .set file works.

When you open up Map Edit it will load the the Objects/Tiles .wil/x files that is in its dir. Now if you do not have a .set file and you want to make a map, in the column Pallette(next to File) It will have have 5 buttons. which are:

Tiles
Tiles Details
Object Set
Object
Small tiles

Ill explain them all now

Tiles, now this will load up the tiles.wil/x but for every row there will be a new set of tile(each tile will be placed in a 4x4 area) The way that works is that the way the the tiles.wil/x are compiled(meaning the place's of all images are in) it can tell which ones are the center/side)- If people want me to explain how to place the images in the correct way, pm me :)

Tiles Details, is bassicle all images in the Tiles.wil/x in its order(any smart person will fine the proper way in placing the images)

Now look at the 3rd one, is it called OBJECT SET. I do belive so, if u do not have a .set file loaded it will be 100% blank, if you double click on the blacnk square it will come up with Object Editor, were you can add images from Objects.wil/x place them all togheter and then add the attr, once you click ok, it will then be placed in the Object Set column and then u need to save. Map Editor will read Mir.set as defult, if you dont have a mir.set in the dir, it will be blank(or if its not named mir.set) and you will need to load one.

Objects is basicly all the images in the Object files. and you being able to view Objects1-7(none are supported unless you have a diffrent map edit(with that i dont think any map edit supports it))

and Small tiles are smtiles.wil/x they will go over Tiles.wil/x but under Objects.wil/wix (you dont usualy use these unless you making big maps with paths ect)

please god you can understand now.

all of the objetcs load up fine for me and they are all in place fince for me with out the .set lot which dont bother me (as i kno its like that) the objects load up fine aswell.

i kno **** all about map makin an i never will as i dont have the patience to do them bc im a lazy **** an we n u have a large family like me u will understand y.

i kno for a fact that the objects r fine bc i looked thu them an placed them on the map an checked the attr and all was fine.

if u dnt believe me then download them an giv them a try and if they dont work for u then ok didnt work for u but there all fine on my 1.

if u dont belve me i will do remote so u can see my screen an show u