question about a server to play

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
hello all,

iam thinking of playing a mir3 server but iam completely unsure which one to play, i dont really like low rate slow leveling servers, would anyone be able to suggest a good stable server to play on ?

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
www.sting3g.com is the best around at the moment i think anyway, it is medium rate, and have a pet until level 50, very easy to start and a nice enviroment with friendly players, and is extremly stable.

/Head

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
More to the point what type of server you looking for?

Pk/Non pk?
Small friendly server/large server?
Low stats, long term or High item stats, shorter term server?

@BattleGod - in your opinion, an opinion not shared by practically everyone else who's bothered to play the server for more than an hour. But you are entitled to your opinion and I deduce it's not the server for you.

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
none pk prefered but not essential

good size community

friendly people as opposed to players with attitude lol

med stats and balanced class's

sting is looking favarable at the mo

thanks for your advise so far

BattleGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2007
More to the point what type of server you looking for?

Pk/Non pk?
Small friendly server/large server?
Low stats, long term or High item stats, shorter term server?

@BattleGod - in your opinion, an opinion not shared by practically everyone else who's bothered to play the server for more than an hour. But you are entitled to your opinion and I deduce it's not the server for you.

I like the way its set out except the fact that thers no way to level a noob without being pwned by dozens of mobs at entrance to the caves you go in your dead before you enter....no mobs at all in the province areas..maybe im missing something?

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
You start in OldBichon, thats the only province with mobs, I didn't see the point in adding lots of noob mobs to all the provinces, 1 is enough to start off a noob. Just run round the starting map (the one you go to it you tt)

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Best Mir3 Server i played was Sting3G. The community help me a lot when i joined. But my pc broke and i never returned..Started on my own server from that point.

If its the same now, il go with Sting3G mate.

bestbet

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
Purple Hills
imagine you wiped sting lol.. you'd get usercount of 50+ rofl.. atm the only reason why people don't wanna join is..well..let you work it out lol.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Wiping Sting... hmm.. wonder if anyone would mind? :)

The people who are playing at the moment are all nice guys, and to me, 10-20 nice people are worth hell of a lot more than 50 people who do nothing but abuse each other (no offense to anyone, but I have seen it on Sting with certain players).. and I am not refering to you in this case..

bestbet

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
Purple Hills
True, you'd lose ten players(top 10)..but you'd gain 60+, be realistic lol your server is worth more than what usercount your getting atm.. i know it, you know it and my friends know it lol.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I was thinking about either a High Rate server (all cheats enabled and allowed of course), or about making a 2.3 server, but atm I just don't have the cash to buy another PC to host it on.. or even the time to set it up properly.

I will also not give my files to someone else to host, as I have reworked or at least opened almost every text file on the server so that it is at least 99.9% REAL English, not the normal crap you see around that says it is 99% translated! :P

If I could get someone (one of my GM's) to host a server, I would make another one, but as it stands at the moment, I am sticking with Sting and its smallish qty but excellent quality players.

Also, with the starting pet you get atm, getting to 50 (good place to be on a medium rate server) is not that difficult.

Kasabian

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2005
the only problem i can see with starting sting now is being so far behind. if your the kind of player who likes to compee for a top 5 spot this isn't the place for you.

However, if you wanna play cos you just enjoy it ,sting is by far the best.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Just a comment on new servers...

I see a server by SirSimpson (Creator of several servers) and Blade (known by another name on lomcn) and yet lomcn is allowing these to be advertised and their members screwed over again and again.

No offence to these guys, they may have legitimate reasons to keep creating servers that don't last beyond a month or 2 at most.. but the question I ask is, Should lomcn be more strict in allowing people to constantly create server after server and advertise these on lomcn.

I log into most servers, and most are just duplicates of the one Lyncus made in the first place.. not a bad server, if only he would host one that would last (maybe this one will be different, but past history suggests it won't)..

I am all for giving people a second chance, but a third, forth and fifth chance?

mapadale

Just a comment on new servers...

I see a server by SirSimpson (Creator of several servers) and Blade (known by another name on lomcn) and yet lomcn is allowing these to be advertised and their members screwed over again and again.

No offence to these guys, they may have legitimate reasons to keep creating servers that don't last beyond a month or 2 at most.. but the question I ask is, Should lomcn be more strict in allowing people to constantly create server after server and advertise these on lomcn.

I log into most servers, and most are just duplicates of the one Lyncus made in the first place.. not a bad server, if only he would host one that would last (maybe this one will be different, but past history suggests it won't)..

I am all for giving people a second chance, but a third, forth and fifth chance?
The server by Sirsimpson aka Tom, supposedly Tom had been kicked from the LG server team. Which is now hosting Revenge, which is a piss take out of Avenge how original.

There is nothing different about this server apart from the fact that they have moved the npc's from prajna to numa and the exp has dropped a bit. But it is just another carbon copy of Lyncus servers and from what ive heard also Lyncus is involved in this one.

But nothing can be done about these 2 bit servers.