Ps3 gamertag

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
XBOX 360 is the all round online gaming machine, but thats all it is and online gaming machine - It was designed purely for the intention of online gamers for PC.

PS3, come on does anyone really need to explain this one. Sony have always been the market leaders in relation to consoles and with the PS3 it out flags the XBOX 360 by far, yes the 360 may be the online gamers prefrence. But when it actually comes to graphic enhance ment and game play the PS3 kicks the 360 all over the place.

Sorry but even if the PS3 is afaster, better graphic rendering console, how does that make it the best console? What makes PS3 a better console for gameplay? Concidering online game is part of gameplay, i would say both consoles are about on par. For arguments sake, your buying an Xbox 360 just for Halo.

MGS is a prime example of this, it use's upto date rendering and shading.

Sony will always out perform on the hardware side of things with their consoles and always will.

Sony can always out perform on hardware as much as it likes, i'll never buy a game because it has a little bit better graphics, nor will most other people out there. People buy a console for the amount of good games on it and nowadays its usualy down to good games that are great online. Don't think PS3's are the best at that. Yes they do have some good titles, i'm not denieing that.

XBOX was and always will be the microsoft poor baby of the console world and really they should have stuck at operating systems, instead of trying to corner the market with a console.

Well, i don't see where you got this from. The Xbox has done very well and as you know, it has a large community on Live. I don't see any reason why they should of stuck at operating systems.

Both have there good points and both have there bad points.

Well a moment a go you said Microsoft shouldn't even have created a console. So the Xbox also has good points?

/Ash

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Sorry but even if the PS3 is afaster, better graphic rendering console, how does that make it the best console? What makes PS3 a better console for gameplay? Concidering online game is part of gameplay, i would say both consoles are about on par. For arguments sake, your buying an Xbox 360 just for Halo.

Sony can always out perform on hardware as much as it likes, i'll never buy a game because it has a little bit better graphics, nor will most other people out there. People buy a console for the amount of good games on it and nowadays its usualy down to good games that are great online. Don't think PS3's are the best at that. Yes they do have some good titles, i'm not denieing that.

Well, i don't see where you got this from. The Xbox has done very well and as you know, it has a large community on Live. I don't see any reason why they should of stuck at operating systems.

Well a moment a go you said Microsoft shouldn't even have created a console. So the Xbox also has good points?

/Ash

what he said :)

The X-Box controllers are very comfortable. They are not at all 'fat and ugly'. If they are only good for FPS, im happy. Thats all i tend to play my xbox for anyway. With gears out clearly owning any exclusive that sony has to offer (in my opinion) and Halo 3 recon coming out, i dont see any reason why you guys would question the x-box and its quality. Its clearly the more entertaining system. If you get so close to the screen to check out the picture and notice a difference, then im sure you stupid enough to go out and pay that much more for a console.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
what he said :)
With gears out clearly owning any exclusive that sony has to offer (in my opinion) and Halo 3 recon coming out, i dont see any reason why you guys would question the x-box and its quality. Its clearly the more entertaining system. If you get so close to the screen to check out the picture and notice a difference, then im sure you stupid enough to go out and pay that much more for a console.

You can't fairly say Gears owns any PS3 exclusive when you don't even own a PS3. Have you even played MGS 4 or Killzone 2? I play both consoles on a regular basis and these 2 games alone rip the xbox to pieces. If you try and argue that with me then you really are a true xbox fan boy.

Not bought it yet, planning on doing next friday.

You haven't bought what yet? Killzone 2? Its still in closed beta lol.

Last edited:

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Meh i cant argue with all the comments you guys are making cause you obviously know more than me about the console you own. I possibly will be having a ps3 for christmas, but i dont see why i would need one when i have the x-box. Will find out then i geuss.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You can't fairly say Gears owns any PS3 exclusive when you don't even own a PS3. Have you even played MGS 4 or Killzone 2? I play both consoles on a regular basis and these 2 games alone rip the xbox to pieces. If you try and argue that with me then you really are a true xbox fan boy.

Yeah no.. Gears does own any PS3 Exclusive game for what it does. You can't even bring Killzone up since the game isn't out till Febuary. Metal Gear rocks sure.. But that's one game.. You could of at least included games like LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted (Which destroy anything the Xbox does that is similar which is err nothing so..).

The thing is Wond your comment just makes you sound like a Sony Fanboy. But meh fanboy is such a stupid word anyway. A proper gamer wouldn't give a crap what consoles have what games. Buy the console for the games you like and leave everyone elses opinion alone.

For the record we have all the consoles in our house and have games for the lot of them. Xbox gets the most play because the games we play are generally better on the 360 (Especially MultiPlatform games and RPGs)

Reactions: Omen_lom

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
lol i couldn't of said anything that smart so i wont add anything to milo's post, except this...

:ppunk:

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
as far as i can say.. this is ridiculous..

there is no need to talk about games as i think we are talking about consoles.. i don't know if this makes sense for u but if we want to compare them it should be done on the hw part of the console and what it can offer.. ovviously games depend on how they are programmed and this doesnt mean that ps3 is better only because it has mgs.. i just don't know, but mgs has a development team working on this title for more than 20 years now.. and we are talking about Konami.. sorry if this might seem ridiculous to know ps3 ppl but what i'm just trying to say that if mgs5 was out on ps3 and it looked crap this would be damn stupid shouldn't it?

as far as i can say..ps3 is surely much better hardware talking.. and the shame part is that it's even suppose to work much much better than what it is.. which makes me feel that sony really designed a bad thing.. with the cell processor inside it should be able to do much more..and as for what i read it uses only about 10% of its computational power.. which really sucks like hell but at the same time means that in future it might give the ps3 users much more things..

as for xbox i think it's a very great console.. not as powerfull as ps3 but with 2 big huge balls behind because it's still covering a big part of the cake in the console market even though its out for some years now.. which means that this console has beed designed and developed very well.. and this can be demostrated because most games out there can be coded for ps3 and xbox at the same time..which means for me that it's power (even though lower than ps3) its optimized and used better..

if i had to choose i'd choose pc.. sorry :P

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
as far as i can say.. this is ridiculous..

there is no need to talk about games as i think we are talking about consoles.. i don't know if this makes sense for u but if we want to compare them it should be done on the hw part of the console and what it can offer..

If you think that hardware is the defining factor of what makes a good console then you should just leave the conversation now.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
If you think that hardware is the defining factor of what makes a good console then you should just leave the conversation now.

surely it's the direct factor that sony and microsoft as put in thier consoles.. i can't give credit to sony being better cause konami created MGS for it.. or can u?

anyhow i'll leave conversation.. it was OT anyways..

and just to clarify.. i thought it would have been just a better compare to base it on something each company designed.. in this case i thought to base it on thier hardware and not thier looks or whatever.. if we want to compare them with the games okay.. ps3 is ovviously better thanks to its more recent hw components which allow games to be more complex and better graphic coded.. and i would choose anyways the computer..

Last edited:

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
surely it's the direct factor that sony and microsoft as put in thier consoles.. i can't give credit to sony being better cause konami created MGS for it.. or can u?

You can yes, ask yourself why Konami chose Sony....

I'm almost tempted to get a ps3 after reading some of the replies, I never really felt myself getting into it when I had one though :(, but then I had no multiplayer games, and thats all I'm interested in.

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Sorry mStation you're wrong the strength of the Hardware clearly doesn't matter anymore. Unless the Wii happens to be the most powerful? And it has been proven time and again that while the PS3 is slightly more powerful than the 360 it is extremely difficult to code for and to actually tap that power especially when coding a multi-platform game.

Games are the only thing that matters in a console purchase and anyone who buys a system because it is a little bit more powerful well just isn't very smart.

PC's of course will always be more powerful but when the toss up is a 1-2grand PC to play Farcry 2 at a decent speed or €239 to play Farcry 2 on the Xbox with very decent graphics and no messing with hardware I know what most people will choose (Farcry just used cause it's out on each System).

Buy a console for the games (Well for the First/Second Party games cause Third Parties are all going Multi-Platform nowadays)

Anyway gonna move this to the Game section since it's pointless here.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
the case of the wii is slightly different but we are always talking about hardware since they brought to the market something innovative like the sensor bars and motion knowledge.. for hardware i clearly didnt mean only gpu and cpu..

anyway this is how i think it should be..

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Yeah no.. Gears does own any PS3 Exclusive game for what it does. You can't even bring Killzone up since the game isn't out till Febuary. Metal Gear rocks sure.. But that's one game.. You could of at least included games like LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted (Which destroy anything the Xbox does that is similar which is err nothing so..).

The thing is Wond your comment just makes you sound like a Sony Fanboy. But meh fanboy is such a stupid word anyway. A proper gamer wouldn't give a crap what consoles have what games. Buy the console for the games you like and leave everyone elses opinion alone.

I can and will bring Killzone up as I am currently taking part in closed beta so this is obviously going to effect my opinion on things. I'm not denying Gears is an amazing game because it is, but Killzone is on a whole new level of awesomeness.

DragonFlameZ

LOMCN n00bie
Dec 12, 2008
Ireland
*Cough*
PS3 is Quad Core yet they can only get 2 working max lol wtf while the 360 is TriCore and they all work together so i would say thats far better and y do Sony constantly go behind the backs of Microsoft and try and buy the rights to games such as Bioshock and Lost Planet (both 360 exclusives when they caem out) and now there trying to do a sly one and buy the rights for Gears 3 WTF???