[NPC] batch delay / last man standing

Join Discord

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
hello,

i need some assistance if possible, were trying to implement a last man standing event like project have, on to bandet, now we have mucked about with the batch delay commands etc but its not working as it should or as we would like it to work

this is what we would like it to do

example:

21.45 hrs on saturday the npc will open, when you agree to enter you will go to a holding map

now at 22.00 hrs the npc will close

the open and close bit is not a problem as thats easy, the next part is where were stuck

at 22.00 when the npc is shut, everyone in the holding map regardless of when they teleported in will be teleported to the fighting map

this is where were stuck how is this done ? if i remember right this is how its done on project69 i think... lol

all that happens with the current setup is that it teleports people at different times dependant on when you entered the holding map which is not how we want it to work

any experianced scripter who knows how to script this and could supply some help it would be greatly appreciated

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
i did a countdown function with the batch delay which is set when the player signs up for it... but it acts individually for each player so they will be all teleported in within a 1 minute window

Upvote 0

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
i did a countdown function with the batch delay which is set when the player signs up for it... but it acts individually for each player so they will be all teleported in within a 1 minute window

so say, if player 1 teleports in to the holding map at 21.45 , and player 2 teleports into the holding map at 21.55

will they teleport at :

22.00 and 22.01 ? is that what you mean ?

or wil they teleport :
player 1 ay 22.00 and player 2 at 22.10 ? as player 2 entered the map 10 mins after player 1 ?

confusing my self with this lot

Upvote 0

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
my npc does the following:

between x.50 and x.59 it accepts entries
it then sets the batch delay to y mins so if it was the 59th min it would delay 1 min if it was 55 mins it would delay 5 mins

so players would then teleport in at whatever second they clicked to activate the batch delay

Upvote 0

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
sorry, that isnt one of the scripts im sharing around :(

check out TD's batchdelay system though, and use namelists...

Upvote 0

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
try with the minute checks to send players to different parts of the script based on when they click the npc, and then the batchdelay based on the minute they clicked...

Upvote 0

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
yes you would,... but i couldnt work out how to do that automatically without them clicking on any npc and them potentially being on any map ingame...

Upvote 0

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
yeh the theory is they click the npc to enter the holding room, the npc will the close

and then they will all teleport into the fighting map into random places ad begin there fight

we just cant figure out how to get them to teleport at the same time lol

Upvote 0

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
as i say i have managed to get it to within a 1 minute window...

speaking of this i will add the command to the unleashed source later so you can use a mapmove specified by an exact time, ive already added mapmove where you specify a relative delay time

Upvote 0