Mir2 server

Orig_fubu

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 26, 2019
Looking at getting back into mir

Any new servers in the pipeline like a chronicles relaunch? V2 mayb?

Valk v2 maybe?

Euro reborn looks promising...

Or anything else? Hit me up

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
could try TPR, or wait for valk v2, but he's taking his time aye

could always try the mir 3 servers (they feel more like mir 2 play style)

fubu (y)

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Been a while since me sending fubu money over western union for items 😂😂

Not much long term about , primordials is probably the most promising for longevity.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
I'm just really curious on Cobra's perspective on what he believes to be healthy for longetivity, I haven't looked into Primordial but from a promotional standpoint it seemed to be sticking with basics (if you prefer traditional that's you like..), Mir 2 is good but it was far from perfect and I prefer developers who are going an extra mile to try and advance Mir with good aspects from other games that we played after Mir's Prime days.

For Mir 2 servers, there are 2 for me that clearly shine above the rest.

I have a good bit of faith in Valk's reboot, he did surprisingly well considering he for sure rushed his server out, as well as having to fix rested XP everyday. He looks really keen to improve on all of the mistakes of the 1st run, his major content projects he had in the works will be completed (his own version of BDD + more), drop revisions, world boss spawn revisions (+ no WB abuses like a Wiz/Tao duo'ing), including a whole quest line up until lvl 80 (your char starts being "real" at this lvl point). Great New UI, 1920x1080 resolution, his Mir runs really smooth similar to Jamie's Marble btw, defo tops for me.

EuroReborn, where I think it is not as content driven as Valk's the guy is doing imo an amazing bit of polishing and reworking on crafting and fighting mechanics, I'm super interested for back attack damage amplifier for Warrior and Sin, Sin's get a great skill which stuns>flash behind target, this server to me feels like the Assassin will be a real class and not just some broken/worse off warrior and hard to get the balance correct. Warrior's will be having taunt and he'll be making bosses where that is an important skill. From looks of it fishing and mat gathering will have loads of importance, looks to be an interesting ride.

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I'm just really curious on Cobra's perspective on what he believes to be healthy for longetivity, I haven't looked into Primordial but from a promotional standpoint it seemed to be sticking with basics (if you prefer traditional that's you like..), Mir 2 is good but it was far from perfect and I prefer developers who are going an extra mile to try and advance Mir with good aspects from other games that we played after Mir's Prime days.

For Mir 2 servers, there are 2 for me that clearly shine above the rest.

I have a good bit of faith in Valk's reboot, he did surprisingly well considering he for sure rushed his server out, as well as having to fix rested XP everyday. He looks really keen to improve on all of the mistakes of the 1st run, his major content projects he had in the works will be completed (his own version of BDD + more), drop revisions, world boss spawn revisions (+ no WB abuses like a Wiz/Tao duo'ing), including a whole quest line up until lvl 80 (your char starts being "real" at this lvl point). Great New UI, 1920x1080 resolution, his Mir runs really smooth similar to Jamie's Marble btw, defo tops for me.

EuroReborn, where I think it is not as content driven as Valk's the guy is doing imo an amazing bit of polishing and reworking on crafting and fighting mechanics, I'm super interested for back attack damage amplifier for Warrior and Sin, Sin's get a great skill which stuns>flashes target, this server to me feels like the Assassin will be a real class and not just some broken/worse off warrior and hard to get the balance correct. Warrior's will be having taunt and he'll be making bosses where that is an important skill. From looks of it fishing and mat gathering will have loads of importance, looks to be an interesting ride.

There is always a lot of promise of the second round+ on servers, as long as the owners amend the mistakes they made on previous ones.
TPR was a huge learning curve for me and learning 'on the job' can get quite overwhelming sometimes

We do stick to traditional concepts, in a sense, while introducing new features etc; a problem we have always hit with new feature ideas is; does it deviate from Mirs core (as if you go to far from that, make a different game)

I think both Valk v2, Euro both have a lot of promise, like I would have insane amounts more confidence from launch running a TPR v2, because
>You know what to expect
>You have a 'template' of what can happen
>You have a lot more 'refined' base set of files to work with
>You have what does/doesn't work

I appreciate any server owner who puts the effort in and puts their all in to give people a game they want.

We are currently looking to port away our source from directx as well as introducing a fair few different features (this is longer term goals, obviously)

Aidonlee

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 30, 2015
Looking at getting back into mir

Any new servers in the pipeline like a chronicles relaunch? V2 mayb?

Valk v2 maybe?

Euro reborn looks promising...

Or anything else? Hit me up

Original Fubu, as in Lee?