LifeProject - Weather System

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
Well me and tahger(pete) are working on something called LifeClient / LifeServer.

With the client source we are adding lots of new stuff. So far we are working on a weather system.

We are almost done with rain:
The rain is animated so it does look like rain, it has sound also. We are going to add lightning effect also.. which will be flashs of light at random times with sound of course.

Screenshot: http://eh5.com/images/nickrain.jpg

Snow is in the process..

Anyway we need ideas so if you have any please post them, also the rain isn't in its final stage so if you think it looks like crap it probably will be improved. :kiss:

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
To be honest.. I didn't think the weather system would be a big hit at all.

Its just a project we took on.. and it will have more then a weather system its just a feature on the list I wanted to have.:cool:

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
is the interface allowed to become smaller in the source? like mir3 tbh i think that would be much better also add a pet system =p

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
look at the mir3 rain if you want to see good effects.

you rain is waay 2 heavy. not saying its realistic, but i think light rain would be better than almost a thunderstorm of it lol.

like xanderino said. make the interface different (make moveable parts if you can), so people can minimise almost everything on the screen.

ofcourse the the simple things. all magic graphics/mons/objects.

animated objects.

cant think of anything else atm tbh.

tahger

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2005
All good ideas. We've only just started working on it though, so give it some time ;)

tahger

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2005
It does move, honest. What would be cool is to make puddles appear on the landscape, but it might be tricky to do.

Also to make things like torches lose dura quicker possibly, that players are carrying, whilst it's raining.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Intresting....

Dont you find it odd that the first main feature you added was weather
Does it not make more sense to get it up to 1.4 standards then move on up until it has everything Mir2.0 has and then add the extra stuff you want?

Still looks nice just make it less of a thunderstorm lol

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
I like the idea, but as Milo said, i would of added better features than weather. Try and take some of the Mir3 aspects and add them, ie Mailing System, Merchants etc...

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
most of the good mir3 features are not soley client side, eg mailing system. so none of that can be done.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
add the new magics once you get up to 1.9 cos thats all it needs now is client modding aint it?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
lifeserver / life client. i would have thought they meant normal server creation and client modding. i dont think theyd have a working source to the server files.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
they dont have working source for the server files, nick said hes making a server side app to tell the client when its raining etc... he can do something but not things like new magics etc