Just a few problems.....

smoochy boys on tour

logic3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2003
i've got a EI server running on PC but with a few major bugs that i cant get my head around. ill post them here and wud b grateful of anyones help.

1. NPCs flash
2. Player bodies flash when you put on helmets
3. @make doesnt put items in my bag, yet it tells me it has
4. Mini Maps are all mixed/broke
5. i also get this error on Server.exe:

Read emergency map : [0] 459 261
Not Ready [my ip]
Loaded 1 Guilds
Gate 0 opened
Gate 1 opened
Gate 0 closed
Gate 0 opened
Gate 1 closed
MakeItem]*playername*:SkeletonHelmet 9898493
MakeItem]*playername*:Amulet 9898484
[RunDB]DB Wait Error 06:58:05

Maybe this error has something to do with the problems above?!

Thanks for any help

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Your client and the sever are at odds - out of the box the client (old one) does not have work so you need to grab the patches from a online server to bring that upto scratch. If you install a Later client (from Wemade) this will truely screw it all up - they have moved the images by one so what happens is that your client is looking to display the anim say for a npc, starts at 0 -3 - now if your client has updated (from wemade) Data files - then they start at 1-4 for exmaple. This means it will display a Black image and the rest of the anim - thus flashing.

RunDB Wait errors are quite simply your machine aint upto scracth - are you running the server, SQL and the client all off one machine?

Upvote 0

ThunderBolt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2004
As of my expirience few days ago or weeks ago...

Sometimes it happens to me... Here what or maybe you should do on your server files and client files.

For more details im glad to help you just add me to your MSN: [email protected]

1. NPCs flash
A: Your client vs. your Server are different version... It is happen when you run the client to korean server to update the files from korea. Example: Your NPC flasing because your server have the old version and your client have the new version so they wont be compatible try to reinstall your client and make sure you dont run the client untill you fix the server then... its better you to do this on your client icons, right click on your client icons select properties and put this "-u" at the end of the destination where the icon pointing the .exe so it wont update thru korean.

2. Player bodies flash when you put on helmets
Your DBF Code items is not compatible to your client files. Example Helmet, when you open DBF file using your Enterprise Manager you'll see this "[Stdmode][Shape][Weights][Charlook] etc... and [Look]" this thing are the code of items, if the codes are wrong it will create in game but when you wear or when it comes to your bag its invisible or when you wear it your char will go invisible. Try to get the right DBF for your Server or configure your DBF files. I could help you contact me thru MSN: [email protected]

3. @make doesnt put items in my bag, yet it tells me it has
You mean items make and it doesnt show in your bag. Because the client Inventory.wil, Inventory.wix, Equip.wil, Equip.wix etc. are not compatible on your Server DBF Code items. it is the [Stdmode][Shape][Weights][Charlook][Look] codes.

4. Mini Maps are all mixed/broke
It maybe because your MiniMap.txt on your "\Mud3\Mir300\Envir" got the old version which is your client on newer versions.

5. I also get this error on Server.exe:
Read emergency map : [0] 459 261
Not Ready [my ip] <- You havent configure your !Setup.txt or the DBServer.exe
Loaded 1 Guilds
Gate 0 opened
Gate 1 opened
Gate 0 closed
Gate 0 opened
Gate 1 closed
MakeItem]*playername*:SkeletonHelmet 9898493
MakeItem]*playername*:Amulet 9898484
[RunDB]DB Wait Error 06:58:05 <- this is the DBServer.exe not configured