Hi I'm trying to make a server to just have fun on.. whats the best guide too follow?

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellothere

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2010
I've looked around at different guides but I'm not sure which too follow, i tried to set up a server a couple years ago but failed to get it working, I'm just looking for a decent guide which is easy too follow. Thanks.

hellothere

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2010
Well i wanna make a lom2 server if possible so any help would be appreciated, this was my first mmo when i was like 13 or so... i'm now 23 and just wanted to have my own server so i could just mess around on.

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Have a look through this thread...Legend of Mir II Downloads & Guides

2.3 files are probably the easiest to set up and get to grips with. If you're confident with a bit more of an advanced setup then I'd suggest RubyM2. There are guides for both in that link I gave you, towards the bottom. Just look through it.

Upvote 0

hellothere

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2010
I have no idea, if i knew the difference between them i would give you an answer? so i dont know lol... I'm not really bothered, any of them would be fine i guess as long as it works.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

ok thanks, ill take alook through, appreciated.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Do i need VMware if I'm running on windows 7 x64-bit?

Upvote 0

store1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2011
heya mate wen u get it started can u tell me plz i been lookin for a new server for ages lol

thanks.

Upvote 0

hellothere

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2010
Do i need VMware to get a server running if I'm on windows 7 x64-bit, sorry i dont use forums much, if i make mistakes it's because of that reason.

Upvote 0

hellothere

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2010
So i follow the vista guide even though I'm on w7? :P i never knew this.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

ASP.Net Version Registration Requirement (Warning)

Failed to find the ASP.Net Version Registration with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).

I followed the guide up to the point where it said 'you should have no errors no warnings... ect' so this warning occured? is that problem when installing QSL?

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

ASP.Net Version Registration Requirement (Warning)

Failed to find the ASP.Net Version Registration with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).

I followed the guide up to the point where it said 'you should have no errors no warnings... ect' so this warning occured? is that problem when installing QSL?

Upvote 0

store1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2011
wen its up tell me plz coz i wonna try it out mate and how u go to advertisement section plz thanks pplz

Upvote 0

hellothere

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2010
I'm stuck on step 5, i didn't get a server starter icon on my desktop, and also i have a 'Legend of Mir' icon on my desktop which i opened and it had some errors, so i re-ran it and now just a black screen. Also when i opened the M2SERVER Application it failed to load some maps

06/07/2011 19:41:16] Error: .\Map\0110.map failed to load.
[06/07/2011 19:41:16] Error: .\Map\0111.map failed to load.
[06/07/2011 19:41:16] Error: .\Map\0112.map failed to load.
[06/07/2011 19:41:16] Error: .\Map\0102.map failed to load.

This is a long list of failed to load maps basically. I've obviously done something wrong, any sugestions?.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hellothere

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2010
What so i copy all of the maps from the Original Mir folder to the Client folder in the MirServer folder

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hellothere

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2010
Ahhh ok i've done that, what about the missing 'Server Starter' which didn't show up on my desktop, i tried the F5 sugestion but that didn't show anything.

Now go in C:\Mirserver and double click on "1-Set Up Maps.bat"
This will copy for you all the maps in your client folder into your server files..

Now double click on "2-Set Up My Client files.bat"
This will fix your client files so that you can connect correctly to them
This will also create a Diamond Shortcut on your desktop.. if the shortcut doesnt appear on the desktop try clicking in an empty place of the desktop and then hit F5 on the keyboard and see if the shortcut pops up..
use this to play the game from now on

Now double click on "3-Set Up Server Starter.bat"
This will fix your serverstarter and set it to work directly
This will also create a Serverstarter shorcut on your desktop, use this to start the server from now on

That's what i'm missing, also when i clicked on the .bat files it said 'the system cannot find the path specified' i put the Miserver in my x86 Program files folder, it's in C:/ so i thought it'd be fine is that a problem?.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.