Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2006
see, i told you they where bankrupt

Last edited:

Aspious

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2003
The same day this happened Total Format got DOS'd, Mir 2 as well and MirZone went down due to being over-run or something ... can't be arsed back tracking through websites to confirm. It's mainly true.

Coincidence ?

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
yea they was saying that on mir 2 forums, the staff actualy logged on the FORUM!!! to tell us that the massive lag was down to DOS attack, and they stoped it fast, but it was really strong or somet. and they havnt traced it has of yet. They also answered a few unanswered questions recently, which was all good :)

What is a DOS attack anyway? i DONT want infomation on how to do it. Any info how it works? like does it attack their internet connection or??

wierd thing is, when ever i went on mir 3. It never seemed real dead, looked decentish populated, never as good as Lom2 but still.

Many staff they got roughly anyone know? As mir2 only has 2 or somet? Maybe they have loads staff, they all need paying tbh.

Last edited:

Zaron

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 22, 2003
denial of service. its like if you were running an ftp server and that server could only handle like 20 requests a time, and you made 30 requests, you would put it out of service meaning that it couldnt perform its normal operations

ENOZEGAR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2006
Actually that would be more of a flood than DOS, Denial of service involves packet sending, basically the limit by default is say 65000 packets, now denial of service would allow you to use over that basically the entire upload.

How denial of service is effective is in most cases it requires the person to ping back the exact same packet sent back, thus crashing upload, pretty effective imo.

Zaron

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 22, 2003
I look at DOS as the outcome, and I look at flood attacks as methods in achieving this outcome.

Whether you bombard the server with packets. or you exploit the 3wayhandshake with requests

ENOZEGAR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2006
I have no idea what your woffling on about, neither do you most likely.

Zaron

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 22, 2003
actually, you're more wrong than me. what I said is a DOS attack. It makes the service unusable. If I make dozens of requests of that service, im gonna lag it and eventually bring it to a stop. thats the definition of a DOS(Denial of Service) because it denies people service. get a clue man before you try and act like im wrong

also if you dont have a clue about exploiting the 3way handshake then i suggest you learn about tcp-ip suite

ENOZEGAR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2006
Zaron said:
actually, you're more wrong than me. what I said is a DOS attack. It makes the service unusable. If I make dozens of requests of that service, im gonna lag it and eventually bring it to a stop. thats the definition of a DOS(Denial of Service) because it denies people service. get a clue man before you try and act like im wrong

also if you dont have a clue about exploiting the 3way handshake then i suggest you learn about tcp-ip suite

You mensioned ftp with 20 limit and producing 30 thus DOS, now really that is not DOS, its just flooding =) Correct your facts.

(pic attacked of packet manifesting (DOS) so dont bother asking me how, i wont tell yah.)

Attachments

• dos.GIF
    dos.GIF
    26.9 KB · Views: 137

Salad

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2006
Woodley, Reading
ENOZEGAR said:
You mensioned ftp with 20 limit and producing 30 thus DOS, now really that is not DOS, its just flooding =) Correct your facts.

(pic attacked of packet manifesting (DOS) so dont bother asking me how, i wont tell yah.)

isnt that illegal to show hacking n dossing etc on Lomcn, dont u deserve a ban for that;)

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Salad said:
isnt that illegal to show hacking n dossing etc on Lomcn, dont u deserve a ban for that;)

He's basicaly proving his point, nothing shown on that screendump is in anyway illegal.

ENOZEGAR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2006
In what way am i breaking any rules? As DarkXXX said, was proving a point, but your welcome to report me for posting a screenshot, i would admire such attension and lavish in my new surrounding ora.

Only kidding but still, just a screenshot kiddo, nout to fret about.

Zaron

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 22, 2003
http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/denial_of_service.html

Description DOS(Denial of Service)

This document provides a general overview of attacks in which the primary goal of the attack is to deny the victim(s) access to a particular resource. Included is information that may help you respond to such an attack.

A "denial-of-service" attack is characterized by an explicit attempt by attackers to prevent legitimate users of a service from using that service. Examples include

* attempts to "flood" a network, thereby preventing legitimate network traffic
* attempts to disrupt connections between two machines, thereby preventing access to a service
* attempts to prevent a particular individual from accessing a service
* attempts to disrupt service to a specific system or person

DOS is the result :) Flood is one method out of many

enjoy son

ENOZEGAR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2006
Which is conducted my manifested packets not flooding via port limitation.

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
Hello Shaun

Thank you for your email, at this moment in time we are working on getting the game servers back up and running, unfortunately we do not have an estimated time of when this will happen. Once we know ourselves if and when we will have the games back up there will be an announcement on www.qualitygo.com website.

We strongly recommend you do not believe posts and information that come from Mirzone and any other websites other than GamesRouter, there have been so many rumors and false accusations of which we have never heard of before. We are still a company and we are working very hard to get our games back up and running.

At the moment we are focused on getting the game servers back up, we will have discussions regarding refunds during next few days, once we know what our refunds procedure will be there will be an announcement on www.qualitygo.com and players will be emailed. Thanks for your patience regarding this matter.

We appreciate your support and patience regarding this matter and hope that the servers will be back up as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Support Team

fold

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2005
They have lied about everything since the begining siefer do you really believe that e mail aint just more crap?