connecting to my server? help plz

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
hi people

just managed after some silly mistakes to get my offline server going..

unfortunatly the laptop i done it on is ***** for playing mir.. i have 2 other laptops in the house (both wireless) but can be hooked up to router...

is there any way i can play my offline server from another laptop ?
while hosted on this 1.. obviously ill b in the same house as host1 on same ip

im sure i did this b4 but i think maybe it was because both my pcs where hooked up via wire?

any help?

cheers

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
i would imagine at a guess you would need to change all the ip's to 192.168.*.* what ever the hosting laptops internal ip is

and then on the machine you want to run the client from change the ip in the ini file to the internal ip of the hosting laptop if that makes sence

it would seem the correct and logical way to me to do that but someone else may correct me...

Upvote 0

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Nope just leave them all 127.0.0.1 then thats hosted on your network, Find your IP of the host machine, Control panel > Network centre > Manage network connections > Local area connection open that then click details and the ip is there... put that ip in the client ini`s of your laptop you want to play off.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Nope just leave them all 127.0.0.1 then thats hosted on your network, Find your IP of the host machine, Control panel > Network centre > Manage network connections > Local area connection open that then click details and the ip is there... put that ip in the client ini`s of your laptop you want to play off.

Hope this helps.

I found the ips and it was 192.168.1.* put it in and still got connection closed =/

any other ideas?

Upvote 0

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Try changing the server files ip all from 127.0.0.1 to that ip then ~_~ My bad

Upvote 0