Upvote 0

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
#1... look at your GateAddr, you have no IP listed there
#2 gameIP and HeroIP in your setup.ini should be your lan IP
#3.. one of your gateaddr should have a LAN ip instead its using 127.0.0.1
here is a big trick to remember... only put your LANip on ports that used 7000,7100,7200, every other port use 127.0.0.1

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue
Upvote 0

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jesus christ, what are you trying to do.

First off does your router support loop back, cause if it does you don't need to be using 127.0.0.1 <-- you only use this if your router doesn't.

Secondly go read the bloody guide cause everything you need to know is in there - including your IP configuration if loop back is supported.

Thirdly, why are you running reg server and mirlogin <--- these dont work together and also running 3 reg login will deffo not work.

Upvote 0

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
doesnt matter if you run regserver and mirlogin together. server works fine :)
anyways..

and its ok to use 127.0.0.1, ive used it on all my servers. never really had a problem with it. as this has nothing to do with a router anyways... its the computers own internal network that reads itself. just need to make sure the actual addresses that need to be linked to the outside are right.

if this had anything to do with the router... than most people's ODBC setup would have not worked either :) as most use 'localhost' to connect to the SQL server.. localhost = 127.0.0.1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
doesnt matter if you run regserver and mirlogin together. server works fine :)
anyways..

and its ok to use 127.0.0.1, ive used it on all my servers. never really had a problem with it. as this has nothing to do with a router anyways... its the computers own internal network that reads itself. just need to make sure the actual addresses that need to be linked to the outside are right.
Oh so ur saying that running 2 login gates doesn't matter.

Ermmmm yes it does.

Have all your servers been Dedi?

Oh really, you know if your router supports loop back and you have it active and try using the internal loop. You do know you get DB errors from it as the files are trying to read to loop back address's and yes it does matter if you use it or not.

Upvote 0

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
i dont no what O/S your using.. but ya
nah it really doesnt matter mr. dreamscape. try it ;) i have on 8 different boxes. with and without routers, on my pc, on dedi hosts, on others pc's, though I always use windows 2003 server. im not sure what your exactly doing, but this is something hardcoded built into the software, not hardware. there are hundreds of computer programs that use this loopback function to communicate to itself on another port or on another program, they would all fail.. if this was the case of a 'faulty' router. it was probably something else you were doing incorrectly :)
you must understand what loopback function itself is... its a 'superficial' IP address to communicate to itself (meaning its not real), windows wouldnt allow such a thing to occur and send a loopback address to a router... as every computer has this IP, it would have no way to tell one from another.
quite possibly you might be using an ancient version of your O/S, or some very unusualy router.. i would guess anything made in the last 10 years would have enough sense for this to not occur.

i see you are certified computer guy ;)

i think you might be mixing NAT loopback and internal loopback.. as they are different.

i wont argue though that NAT loopback has troubles with routers :) and it causes problems.

Upvote 0

LionSoul

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2008
#1... look at your GateAddr, you have no IP listed there
#2 gameIP and HeroIP in your setup.ini should be your lan IP
#3.. one of your gateaddr should have a LAN ip instead its using 127.0.0.1
here is a big trick to remember... only put your LANip on ports that used 7000,7100,7200, every other port use 127.0.0.1

OK mate, i redone everything you said..

i edited the ipsetup.txt file i screenprinted jus to show what adjustments i made.. i try to get a friend to connect and it says pinging..

i dunno ?

Attachments

• IPsetup2.txt
    1 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0

Falador

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2007
Hello,

in all Gates is that the correct IP: 127.0.0.1

Show Screens:

SQL :

Gates & Setup:

(Cruelsragon.ini)

Where my IP 87.230.100.45 is because you must 127.0.0.1
Than rest is self 3.38 or 3.55 Server.

I can you send my old 3.38 Gates, than can you show !

Very easy Mir 3G Guide:

http://www.liquidsilver.110mb.com/
(that is best beginner Guide what gives :) )

LG

Fala

PS: I have other IP why my Server is Online and now Offline on a HomePC (Network)

PPS: In SQL - Account - TBL_PUBIPS = IP (127.0.0.1)
In SQL - Account - TBL_SelectGates= ServerName+IP (127.0.0.1)+Port(7100)+GameType(MIR3)
In SQL - TBL_Serverinfo= Servername+Freemode(1)+MaxUser(2800)+GameType(MIR3)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
ehm thats all nice i know it work that u have inside pubip all online (netip´s)
but normal u need there only loginserver with netip all other just need 127.0.0.1

so with router rofl what a crap u saying dreamscape ?? 127.0.0.1 is a internal ip and have nothing rly nothing to do with router or lan or what else all what is 127.0.0.1 got seen on the maschine cause it connect on them self not over router go back to pc and connect than *rofl

if he have a router he need only portforwarding 7000 7100 and 7200 and yes if he wanna play over lan than loopback but if hims router doesnt allow that he should use rly simple the netip that works also.

he can set all ips rly all ips to 127.0.0.1 and only 3 times use netip

tbl pubips under db account (logingate) need Net-Ip
selectgateips (also db account one tbl under pubips) need Net-Ip
and last but not least dbsvr/!serverinfo.txt must looki like
127.0.0.1,<NET-IP>:7200

all other can be 127.0.0.1 and it works !

Upvote 0

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
btw mr. lionsoul, your config is still inproper... be more consistant, someplaces you are using your LANip, some places you are using your internet IP. and in some cases you didnt follow the rule i told you :) all port 7100, 7000, 7200's need your LAN ip or real IP... it cant use 127.0.0.1

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
First off does your router support loop back, cause if it does you don't need to be using 127.0.0.1 <-- you only use this if your router doesn't.

Stop telling people not to use 127.0.0.1
127.0.0.1 is internal loopback.
192.168.x.x is your network card's ip.

127.0.0.1 is a much better choice to use if all you are connecting something on the same machine.

all ip should be 127
if internal works... backup...
slowly change these ips..
TBL_SELECTGATEIPS should be your net ip
DBSRV's serverinfo.txt file should have your 127.0.0.1,net ip:7200
regserver's ip should bind on 192.168.x.x

Upvote 0

LionSoul

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2008
Heyyy i got it online now :D:D

would like to say thankyou for the help and putting up with my moaning haha..

one last question, when i spawn a mob say, and i kill it, the server lags out, is it the drop or jus my computer ?

thanks

Upvote 0

Falador

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2007
Heyyy i got it online now :D:D

would like to say thankyou for the help and putting up with my moaning haha..

one last question, when i spawn a mob say, and i kill it, the server lags out, is it the drop or jus my computer ?

thanks

Check you Monster Database in SQL.
See you the Mob was you spwn?
i mean he Pic from the Mob?

MFG

Upvote 0

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
Cant get a source for SQL2000 atm. Iwould like to use that source to learn how to do the DBs. Of my reesearch I have been doing. I get a HDD write error trying to install the SQL2000 Trial from http://mf.kaorimir.com/ or http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d20ba6e1-f44c-4781-a6bb-f60e02dc1335 Its easier for me to edit than do all at one time, soz... Microsoft wont let me download SQL2000 trial, just two updates, or desktop version for XP. I do have Delphi but waiting for the classes on using it to code, it seems simuliar to SQL2000. Agan much simplier for me to edit than doing everything in 1 post or dble post... Or will anyone plz share a source to learn SQL2005, or have rights to sell me a copy of SQL2000

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rawwwr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2010
Please LionSoul, can you post here wich IPs did you use on every files?
It will help a lot of players :)
Cause Im using the 127.0.0.1 on every files, and my net ip only at the
bl pubips under db account (logingate) need Net-Ip
selectgateips (also db account one tbl under pubips) need Net-Ip
and last but not least dbsvr/!serverinfo.txt must looki like
127.0.0.1,<NET-IP>:7200

And it dont works :/
I can log in, but when I go to the charachter selection menu, it says that the charachter info cant be retrieved :/

Upvote 0

woogyeman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 23, 2010
Please LionSoul, can you post here wich IPs did you use on every files?
It will help a lot of players :)
Cause Im using the 127.0.0.1 on every files, and my net ip only at the

And it dont works :/
I can log in, but when I go to the charachter selection menu, it says that the charachter info cant be retrieved :/

all ip should be 127
if internal works... backup...
slowly change these ips..
TBL_SELECTGATEIPS should be your net ip
DBSRV's serverinfo.txt file should have your 127.0.0.1,net ip:7200
regserver's ip should bind on 192.168.x.x
Follow these instructions from Kaori and your server will work well and get you online as long as you have forwarded ports 7000, 7100, and 7200. Do NOT change TBL_PUBLICIPS, or any IP not listed. ONLY change the 3 ips listed

Last edited:
Upvote 0