Help , Torrent trouble

Join Discord

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
i got caught that i was downlaoding a song from a band and i got a 450$ amend to pay from the lawyer of that band , its that a real fine and should i pay it ? or he haves no right to do that and its just to make me stoping dl stuff ( like on 4H case)

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Well its like this :
its from the lawyer of the song author
and him ask me to pay 450$ because i downloadet ilegaly the song

well thats all lol...

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Well its like this :

well thats all lol...
that dosnt help now dose it.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Unless u get a letter from an official name you reconise, dont worry, tell the basterd to feck off.

Tom

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
yeah. if its something is informal as that I wouldn't bother.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
I giggled at you all really, the only one that gave good advice would be danboss actually wanting to see the email to be able to say whether it's true or false, however there are plenty of companies around the world for lawyers so without actually seeing the email, or yourself being followed up on it. We have no clue if it's legit or not.

/Czeldabolg

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
lol

Well its like this :

well thats all lol...

yeah you idiot, my assumption was based upon this description. Wasn't bad advice. Well next time you get an email like this, carry on and pay $450 :) gf.

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
If that is a copy and paste of the real email, which I really hope it isn't, you'd have to of been born yesterday (phrase won't make sense to non-English people) to be stupid enough to pay for that, the fact that 'downloaded' and 'illegally' were both spelt incorrectly shows how likely it is to be from an actual lawyer.

If that's just you retyping the same words, I'd still tell them to do one (or even better, ignore the email), no details of the song in question or when it happened and why $450? Lol, not even worth your time of day.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
lol

yeah you idiot, my assumption was based upon this description. Wasn't bad advice. Well next time you get an email like this, carry on and pay $450 :) gf.

Assumption and advice are two very different things, and in all due honesty who would send an actual email saying "$450, we sue you" hence why it'd be best to see the email before attempting advice.

Last edited:

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Assumption and advice are two very different things, and in all due honesty who would send an actual email saying "$450, we sue you" hence why it'd be best to see the email before attempting advice.

He gave advice on the source of information he was given, dont slate him for it, at least he tried to help the person. Even if we were shown the email and it was professionally layed out (Anyone with half a brain could do this) why would that make you more inclined to pay $450 because it told you to? personally i wouldnt pay a penny in them sircumstances, which makes his advice very valid.

/Tom