Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
This Guide Is For Windows Vista Users

Please read the ATTENTION! note i wrote for the xp server guide

STEP 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------​
Download the Legend Of Mir 2.3 Client from this website: GamersHell

When you have downloaded the file extract it anywhere and double click on the Mir20Client.exe

The installation will start.. this will take a few minutes depending on your system.. in order to install it correctly follow this easy steps..

Starting from the first window after it has read the installation files press:
- Next
- Yes
- Insert Username and Company (i have put . and .) & press Next
- Don't Change Destination Folder & press Next
- Next
Now wait for installation to complete.. after it has installed press
- Finish!

STEP 2
Download the SQL Server 2005 and its essential parts from here:

[this part presumes that you dont have sql 2005 installed.. if you do then uninstall it and follow this guide completly]

OPEN THIS LINK:
MSSQL 2005 Express Edition

Press "Download files below" and choose the 53.5 MB file..
Download it and open it..

If the program says

then choose Run Program

Now Follow My Clicks for having a correct installation:
- tick the accept licence terms and hit next
- next
- Run program
- Next
- You should have all Success.. with 0 errors and 0 warning.. else if you have some errors then stop and ask here.. if everything is okay then hit next
- Next
- Next
- Select Mixed Mode and input "sa" in enter password and "sa" in confirm psw
- Next
- Install
- Wait
- Wait more
- When completed press next and finish

OPEN THIS LINK:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2

Press "Download files below" and choose the 282.4 MB file (if you have not the vista 64bit version).. else if you have the 64bit download the 300+mb file

I installed this only because it's said to be a required bit for running sql correctly..

Follow my clicks also here:
- Next
- Select "I accept" and press next
- Next
- Next
- In this window if everything is correct you should get a message saying "Locked files not found" so press next
- Install
- Then next next and finish

OPEN THIS LINK:
SQL Server Management Studio Express

Press "Download files below" and choose the 38.5 MB file (if you have not the vista 64bit version).. else if you have the 64bit download the 39mb file

Just install the Studio Management without changing nothing.. keep everything to default..

STEP 3
Download the edited mirserver files from here: MegaUpload

if anyone feels to host i will be happy..

This server files are already setted and have a few fixes in them.. the fixes are the mapquest error and the server ips all setted to 127.0.0.1.. and some smaller things

Put the Mirserver.exe in C:\ and double click it.. in the window make sure it will extract itself in C:\ and press Install..

Now go in C:\Mirserver and double click on "1-Set Up Maps.bat"
This will copy for you all the maps in your client folder into your server files..

Now double click on "2-Set Up My Client files.bat"
This will fix your client files so that you can connect correctly to them
This will also create a Diamond Shortcut on your desktop.. if the shortcut doesnt appear on the desktop try clicking in an empty place of the desktop and then hit F5 on the keyboard and see if the shortcut pops up..
use this to play the game from now on

Now double click on "3-Set Up Server Starter.bat"
This will fix your serverstarter and set it to work directly
This will also create a Serverstarter shorcut on your desktop, use this to start the server from now on

STEP 4
This is the last part of the Guide.. maybe also the most important part tbh..

open START > ALL PROGRAMS > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server Management Studio Express..

when the window pops up you should have something like this:

it's very important to write down the server name because we will need to set this in our files.. in my case my server name is "Lux666-PC\SQLEXPRESS"

Select SQL Server Authentication and for login put "sa" and password "sa" and hit Connect

If you have entered the things i said you should now see some folders called:
Databases
Security
Server Objects etc etc

Right click on the folder called Databases and select "New Database"

In the window that pops up right the following this:
Where it says "Database Name" write "mir2"
Then press OK

Now double click on Databases
Right click on mir2 and choose Tasks > Restore > Database...

In the window that pops up select From Device and press the button with 3 dots which is at the right of From Device [...]

Then press Add
Then change the Files of Type to All files(*) and browse in C:\Mirserver\DBserver\ and select the database called "mir2(restorethis)"
Then press OK
Then press OK again and we are back at the window where we choose From device before..

Now here make sure you put the tick like in the image:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now on the left top part press Options and choose "Overwrite the existing database"

Now press OK and everything should be restored correctly!

STEP 5
Now you still have to set a few things.. open the mirserver folder which is in C:\.. open the DBserver and open the dbsrc.txt

make sure that you change the red line to what i am going to tell you:
[SQL]
SQLType=mssql
SQLHost=127.0.0.1
SQLPort=3306
SQLDatabase=mir2
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=sa

must become
SQLHost="ServerName" like i said before.. in my case, has i said.. this line will be
SQLHost=Lux666-PC\SQLEXPRESS

the same thing must be done in the !setup.txt which is in the M2server folder
which should look like this but with your personal servername.. (NOT MINE!)

[SQL]
UseSQL=TRUE
SQLHost=Lux666-PC\SQLEXPRESS
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=sa
SQLDatabase=mir2
SQLType=mssql
SQLPort=3306
SQLCharDatabase=mir2

Now we can start the server using the serverstarter link on your desktop..
wait it to load completly.. if you have done all the things i did u also will get this message at the end of the M2server.exe

[07/12/2008 11.01.21] LoginServer Connected(127.0.0.1:5600)
[07/12/2008 11.01.21] Gate[0](127.0.0.1:2135) Opened...
[07/12/2008 11.01.24] DBServer Connected(127.0.0.1:6000)

which means that the server is running correctly..

Now use the diamond link to open mir and create a new char..

FAQ
1) Fixing the mongen!
Exporting the file we need:
Method 1) First way is Exporting the Tbl_Mongen using SQL 2000 following this steps:

Right click on the table TBL_Mongen and click on export and export
as text file.
Click OK on the next screen
Click the Delimited option at the top and then click next
On the choose the delimiter that separates fields option at the top, click on the 'Tab' button and in the Text Qualifier dropdown box on the right, click on {none}
Click on Next
Click on Finish

Else Method 2) Second way is using the TBL_Mongen.xls that mirrealms shared ages ago..
do to this download the file from here then open it with Excel.. press File > Save File As.. then choose in the File Type drop menu the voice saying Text (MS-Dos) *.txt and press Save.. in the window that pops up choose yes..

Importing the File to Sql 2005:
To be able to import you need to do 3 things explained in the following link.. (this step must be done once and will work forever..)
the 3 things

Now press start > run > cmd and make your command changing the red parts

in my case i used:
bcp mir2.dbo.tbl_mongen in C:\tbl_mongen_exported.txt -T -c -S Lux666-PC\SQLEXPRESS

the first one is the txt file you have exported
the second is the server name

Last edited:

Ful/Psy_Inc.

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 4, 2003
North West
Great guide mate, worked a treat! one thing though... any ideas on how to import a new mongen.txt into sql 2005 as the one in it isnt complete. I cant find the option anywhere to import. Thanks

Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
sorry i'm not with my pc with vista else i would have tried myself b4 posting here but ill post anyway what i found and maybe tomorrow post an easier guide..

i found 2 possibile solutions since it seems that the sql express version i made ppl download doesnt support importing.. here is solution number one which seems quite difficult but should work:

(taken from another website as it is)
There were a couple factors that I discovered.

1. Import/Export is not available in the SQL Express version.

2. After exporting the .txt file from the excel spreadsheet via File.. Save As ...(Tab Delimited) and into a file to import into a database table, I discovered the bcp utility. Bulk copy utility copies data between an instance of Microsoft SQL Server from a data file in a user-specified format. In my case, I imported from .txt format or Tab Delimited format.

I used a command prompt and the proper syntax using bcp to import the text file into the database table.

bcp [DataBaseName].[fileType].[TableName] in [FileLocation] -T -c -S ServerName

so the command looked like this:

bcp DatabaseName.dbo.TableName in C:\import\TextFileName.txt -T -c -S ServerName\SQLEXPRESS

In order to use bcp you must configure SQL Server to allow remote connection because bcp uses a remote connection to import data to the database table. Please see the following reference to configure SQL Server Express:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277

This worked for me. I hope this will be helpful to others discovering both bcp utility and SQLServer2005 Express.

Thank you so much the problem has been solved.

-Regards

solution number 2 talks about a hidden app which should be with the sql express:

There is a program provided with SQL 2005 Express.

Here is the shortcut "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTSWizard.exe"

It is an import utility that includes Access, Excel, and many more. Just create a shortcut and the program runs alone.

last solution seems to be the same as the one i just copied but uses another method.. could be usefull if your sql isnt in the same folder as what's written up.. :

Please follow the following steps, I think this will be helpful to you:
- Go to Run command.
- Type dtswiz
- Hit Enter
DTS Import/Export wizard will be open from where you can easily import the required data.

Upvote 0

Ful/Psy_Inc.

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 4, 2003
North West
Tried the first one as i cant find the dtswiz anywhere. All looked good until i type the line in command prompt and i get

bcp mir2.dbo.TBL_MONGEN in C:\Import\Mongen.txt -T -c -S ****-PC\SQLEXPRESS

Starting copy...
SQLState = S1000, NativeError = 0
Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Unexpected EOF encountered in BCP data-file

0 rows copied
Network packet size <bytes>: 4096
Clock Time <ms.> Total : 1

I've done all the security and allowance bits which the link takes you to as well.
I thought it could be the way i convert from excel but it looks right to me

D5063 88 14 ZumaGuardian 2 1 3 0 1
D5063 88 14 WedgeMoth 2 2 5 0 1
D5063 88 14 BugbatMaggot 2 1 5 0 1
D5063 88 14 ZumaArcher 2 1 3 0 1
D5063 11 41 ZumaStatue 2 1 3 0 1
D5063 11 41 ZumaGuardian 2 1 3 0 1
D5063 11 41 WedgeMoth 2 2 5 0 1
D5063 11 41 BugbatMaggot 2 1 5 0 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ful/Psy_Inc.

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 4, 2003
North West
Finally done it! used the first example you said and it was the way i was converting it to a .txt file, i used tabs as the delimiter to separate the fields. Also there was a row at the top of the mongen which contained 0's all along and i deleted that as well.

Upvote 0

Ful/Psy_Inc.

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 4, 2003
North West
Exporting from TD's Data.mdb Correctly

Right click on the table you want to export and click on export and export
as text file.
Click OK on the next screen
Click the Delimited option at the top and then click next
On the choose the delimiter that separates fields option at the top, click on the 'Tab' button and in the Text Qualifier dropdown box on the right, click on {none}
Click on Next
Click on Finish

then basically i followed the first solution that you suggested and everything worked fine :D

Upvote 0

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
Having problems with installing SQL Server Management Studio Express
ive tryed both files even though I know im running a 64 bit os but im kinda new to vista its a x86 os

Upvote 0

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
Neither does sql 2000, you get db errors like you did yourself.. considering this guide has worked for most people who have tried..

/Daz

Upvote 0

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
Im not sure what the problem is when try to install the SQLServer2005_SSMSEE_x64 package it gets to the end and does a rollback says the package maybe damaged. I used the link above which is the microsoft web site. So i doubt the file is bad
I think i will try to update vista as far as I can maybe its a compatability error. If anyone has an answers pls let me know

Upvote 0

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
I needed sql 2005 service pack 2 which comes from windows updates, was my first update in my list but when i try to install it it also fails

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
Ok what ive found so far is that it has something to do with windows vista UAC,
This is stopping asp.net from installing im new to vista anyone know how to get around this
Ive bin told to open command line and type in a C script to allow persmmission but that didnt even work says file not found lol
Im getting sick of vista already tbh

Upvote 0

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
press start, in the search box type msconfig and press enter, when the box opens up, goto the tab tool, scroll down, then 4th one up is disable uac, click it, then the launch button

Upvote 0