[3.55]Black screen after Server Notice

smoochy boys on tour

szmiglo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2007
Poland
Hi! I read all posts about my problem but solutions doesn't work for me.

My stats:
Win XP SP2
MSSQL 2000
language in win: Chinese PRC
mir server files: 3.55

in database I set 127.0.0.1, also all configs, !setup, crueldragon.ini is set to 127.0.0.1

All gates are working and connecting each other:
mirskrinxa0.jpg

When I start game (from tha same pc) it loads char, it shows server info:
screen0001ks4.jpg

I click Enter and... nothing happens :cray: just a black screen. but for example screenshot making in mir is working and i can get screens of this black screen... I have all client, in chat.txt i dosen't show anything about connecting to serv etc...

Please help me I have tried to run this server for 2 weeks.

I will add more info but it will be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Sammy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 9, 2007
Youve got a wrong ip on ya Holley DB m8 all them lines with chinese is not right

Upvote 0

mapadale

You trying to connect to play outside of the loop back.

If you have all your IP's set to 127.0.0.1, then why are you trying to connect to an exteranl IP address.

Upvote 0

Thugger

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 4, 2007
Spain KR
I'm using the same IP for everything and don't work, the screen are black yet.

Someone, can say me what files and tables need this IP? 127.0.0.1?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

khnum

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2006
Make sure that where you run your launcher from its in a folder(mir3us/euromir3) with a database. if not you will always get this black screen

Upvote 0

mapadale

Black screen can be down to one of three things.

The data files don't match.
IP configuration
Your a baffoon and can't follow simple guides.

Upvote 0

szmiglo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2007
Poland
Black screen can be down to one of three things.

The data files don't match.
IP configuration
Your a baffoon and can't follow simple guides.

It's of course 3rd case ;) I didn't change ALL of regional settings to chinese. thanks all 4 help.

Upvote 0

mapadale

It's of course 3rd case ;) I didn't change ALL of regional settings to chinese. thanks all 4 help.
Glad we could help and I wasn't having a dig by the way with the comment.

I just sometimes find it funny that we have all these guides and people still get things wrong lol.....

Upvote 0

Thugger

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 4, 2007
Spain KR
I followed LiquidSilver guide correctly, but my screen is black when I do this process.
I don't know why, but I tried often.

Please, someone can say me, more possible errors?

Upvote 0

mapadale

I followed LiquidSilver guide correctly, but my screen is black when I do this process.
I don't know why, but I tried often.

Please, someone can say me, more possible errors?
Check all your IP's are correct.
Cheack you are using the correct data files with your server files.
Check all gates are connecting correctly.
Cheack you have the full PRC installed, including keyboard layout set to US.
Check all .ini and .txt files and see if everythihng is setup correctly.
Check CD and see if you have start timers.

And last but not least, if you still have an issue. Then give up......

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Check all your IP's are correct.
Cheack you are using the correct data files with your server files.
Check all gates are connecting correctly.
Cheack you have the full PRC installed, including keyboard layout set to US.
Check all .ini and .txt files and see if everythihng is setup correctly.
Check CD and see if you have start timers.

And last but not least, if you still have an issue. Then give up......

nice mapa, encourage people to work there poor lil asses off and then give up if they cant get it working lol.

I got this same problem but i think it is more to do with netcheck then anything else as its failing after sql engine resumed message. Screen below...

Netcheckproblem-1.jpg

any help most appreciated guys.

Upvote 0

mapadale

nice mapa, encourage people to work there poor lil asses off and then give up if they cant get it working lol.

I got this same problem but i think it is more to do with netcheck then anything else as its failing after sql engine resumed message. Screen below...

Netcheckproblem-1.jpg

any help most appreciated guys.
If people can't follow simple guides and get it up and running then they should give up, you know why they should give up.

They are like you, trying to run before they can walk, before putting a server on live. You need to actually know what you are doing with the files first.

Post screen shots of all gates open and secondly what make of router are you trying to through?

Oh and your not going any where with that screenshot, as your CD is still loading.

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
If people can't follow simple guides and get it up and running then they should give up, you know why they should give up.

They are like you, trying to run before they can walk, before putting a server on live. You need to actually know what you are doing with the files first.

Post screen shots of all gates open and secondly what make of router are you trying to through?

Oh and your not going any where with that screenshot, as your CD is still loading.

Well I've been following the guides, just been having problems with files etc mainly.

The purpose of the screenshot was to show the message given by netcheck, and it came up after the sql engine resumed message on cd.exe, leading me to believe it is possibly an sql problem.

The make of my router is Buffalo, the model is WHR-G54S. I have port forwarding set and have left DMZ unset at present as was lead to believe this is not needed. All my gates are open when I make these screen shots, but I will post a screenie later on showing all gates open. I didnt have any problems with the black screen until I restored the database files and tried a translated version of cd.ini and stres3g, so makes me wonder if thats the problem, but since I'm not having problems with the code 0 string error makes me unsure if it is the cd.ini or stres3g.

I'm going to try reinstalling SQL and the server files later, go from scratch with the set up and see where it gets me, then start fresh again with the client as well to see if there are any problems there. BTW I do have Chinese PRC set for all language options on my server pc, so thats not the problem.

While I'm at it, does anyone have any idea why I might not be able to attack after about 1 minute of logging in? I won't be able to check if I still have this problem until I can log in again, but if I do have the problem still/again would be nice to have an idea how to cure it. Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mapadale

Well I've been following the guides, just been having problems with files etc mainly.

The purpose of the screenshot was to show the message given by netcheck, and it came up after the sql engine resumed message on cd.exe, leading me to believe it is possibly an sql problem.

The make of my router is Buffalo, the model is WHR-G54S. I have port forwarding set and have left DMZ unset at present as was lead to believe this is not needed. All my gates are open when I make these screen shots, but I will post a screenie later on showing all gates open. I didnt have any problems with the black screen until I restored the database files and tried a translated version of cd.ini and stres3g, so makes me wonder if thats the problem, but since I'm not having problems with the code 0 string error makes me unsure if it is the cd.ini or stres3g.

I'm going to try reinstalling SQL and the server files later, go from scratch with the set up and see where it gets me, then start fresh again with the client as well to see if there are any problems there. BTW I do have Chinese PRC set for all language options on my server pc, so thats not the problem.

While I'm at it, does anyone have any idea why I might not be able to attack after about 1 minute of logging in? I won't be able to check if I still have this problem until I can log in again, but if I do have the problem still/again would be nice to have an idea how to cure it. Many thanks in advance.

I would sugest that the first route you take before doing a full format, is by doing the most simple thing you can do and thats put your files back to how they where before you messed about with them.

You've said it yourself that everything was working untill you changed your CD.INI and STRESS.TXT, so thats where you need to start first. You said it yourself that this was happening after you changed them and thats where you need to start.

And like I said , learn to walk first before attempting to run.

And OUCH ur using an Airstation.................

Last edited:
Upvote 0