2.3 server setup guide

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
i did not make this guide or the files, so full credit to the maker of the guide.

Step 1: Getting the Server Files

visit this thread and download the files:TD'S FILES ALL IN ONE - Legend of Mir 2.3 Server Files. (fully updated by jasper and elvin) full credit to them for the release

Step 2: Setting Up Your Server

Extract your files to C:/mirserver folder. This is the place where the server is set to run. This can be edited later on by hexing the server files but do this for now.

Now then go to your Legend of Mir Game Folder > Maps and copy all the maps to your C:/mirserver/m2server/maps folder. This way the map info is directly taken from the client and need not be download along with the server itself. And this will also reduce client incompatibility problems.

Now setting up the IP's of your server. You need to set them to 127.0.0.1 (Local) if you want it to work offline or 192.168.XXX.XXX (WAN or LAN IP) to either run it on LAN or over the net. The correct server name would be Diamond.

Go to C:/mirserver/DBServer/addrtable.txt and set all your IP's to the required one.
Do the same in the following files too.

C:/mirserver/DBServer/serverinfo.txt
C:/mirserver/DBServer/dbsrc.ini
C:/mirserver/LoginGate/config.ini
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/addrtable.txt
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/serveraddr.txt
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/UserLimit.txt
C:/mirserver/LoginSrv/Logsrv.ini
C:/mirserver/LogServer/LogData.ini
C:/mirserver/M2Server/runaddr.txt
C:/mirserver/M2Server/servertable.txt
C:/mirserver/M2Server/Setup.txt
C:/mirserver/RunGate/Config.ini
C:/mirserver/SelGate/Config.ini

Congratulations for setting up your server!

Step 3: Setting Up SQL Server 2000

DOWNLOAD SQL SERVER 2000 HERE - You can download SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition from here.
SQL 2000 MIRROR DOWNLOAD or from this link provided by koni

Once downloaded, install SQL Server 2000 by setting the system to "local" and the authentication mode to "mixed" and set a "sa" password.

After the installation, start Service Manager and let it run.

Congratulations! You have installed SQL Server 2000.

Step 4: Restoring the Databases

Now go to Enterprise Manager>Local>Databases
Here you will find that there are already a few default databases. Right click and create a new database called "mir2"

Then right click on this new database and go to All Tasks>Restore Database
Here select the option of "From Device" and then select the location of the database which in this case is /DBServer/lom2restorethis In this case the DB provided is already in the *.bak format and hence need not be force restored. If it aint, then go to the second tab and tick the option - force restore and then click OK.

Congratulations! You have successfully restored your databases.

Extra Note: To add yourself as a GM, go to the mir2 database and look for the table called "admin" and return all rows on it and then enter your ID and other details there. That particular ID will from now be the GM ID. Account must be created in the account table.

Step 5: Configuring Your Server Part 2

Go to the folder /DBServer/dbsrc.ini and edit the following.

SQLType = mssql
SQLHost = localhost
SQLPort = 3306
SQLDatabase = mir2
SQLUsername = sa
SQLPassword = (Enter the password you entered while setting up SQL Server 2000).

Then Go to the folder /M2Server/Setup.txt and edit the following.

UseSQL = True
SQLHost = 127.0.0.1 (which is nothing but your localhost)
SQLUsername = sa
SQLPassword = (Enter the password you entered while setting up SQL Server 2000)
SQLDatabase = mir2
SQLType = mssql (if you are working with MySQL2005 change this to mysql)

Congratulations! You have successfully configured your server.

Step 6: Running the Server

Run them in the following order.

1. m2server/m2server.exe
2. gamegate/gamegate.exe
3. DBServer/dbserver.exe
4. logingate/logingate.exe
5. loginsrv/loginsrv.exe
6. logserver/LogDataServer.exe
7. Selgate/Selgate.exe

Note: It would be advisable to run DBServer.exe before all the other servers though.

Congratulations! Your Server Is up and running.

Step 7: Setting Up The Client

Go to the server folder /m2server and copy and paste the mir2.exe in your game folder. Then go to the game folder and open mir.ini and save all the IP's (3 of them) to either your local IP 127.0.0.1 or your LAN or WAN IP which ever you entered in your server files and save this file as mir2.ini

Create an account as mentioned earlier and then run mir2.exe.

Congratulations! You are in the game. Have fun now.

Last edited:
Reactions: D4N0

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Ok were shall i start.

First- when i try run service manager
"the application could not run due to a login error"

2) when i open enterprise manager, i dont have "Local" i try create a new database (in a new SQL Server group called mir2 which i created)< the New-Database option, is blanked out. lol.

ne idea's?

Upvote 0

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
Ok were shall i start.

First- when i try run service manager
"the application could not run due to a login error"

2) when i open enterprise manager, i dont have "Local" i try create a new database (in a new SQL Server group called mir2 which i created)< the New-Database option, is blanked out. lol.

ne idea's?

ok,
you have done something wrong in the install process of sql, make sure you have set the system login for sql as per the instructions above

uninstall sql and follow the guide exactly.

and it would be great if someone could put a step by step setup of sql2005 on here aswell as some database's for the files will require sql2005 to run.

Upvote 0

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Now when try restore database is say

-RESTORE DATABASE MUST BE USED IN SINGLE USER MODE, WHEN TRYING TO RESTORE THE MASTER DATABASE
RESTORE DATABASE IS TERMINATING ABNORMALY.

set it all up right, and everything connecting

im restoring mir2(restorethis) as said.

Upvote 0

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
looks like the database included requires sql 2005 to be installed so you will need to put that on mate and setup odbc, best to read through the last few pages of the thread for the download on how to do it, when i downloaded these files they had a database that worked with sql2000 and now they have updated it lol it only works with sql2005

if someone is kind enough to post a setup guide for sql2005 ile update the first post.

Upvote 0

McBillster

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 15, 2007
i get this thing about too many database files to b backed up lmao it sux!

Attachments

• WTF!.GIF
    WTF!.GIF
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,878
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
looks like the database included requires sql 2005 to be installed so you will need to put that on mate and setup odbc, best to read through the last few pages of the thread for the download on how to do it, when i downloaded these files they had a database that worked with sql2000 and now they have updated it lol it only works with sql2005

if someone is kind enough to post a setup guide for sql2005 ile update the first post.
so basically ur guide only works with sql2005?

Upvote 0

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Ive had that error before. Its crap. I used another DB from somewhere else.
I cant help just yet as Im at college but Ill upload one for you lot when I get home... providing I remember that is.

Upvote 0

bloooodhound

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2005
kk ty :) when will you be at home cause i need to make an offline sever before 5. Could you even check if Koni's server files is rite cause atm i have that and sql2000

Upvote 0

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Ok I have a list of like 3 ppl to help :P
Doesnt take long though so Ill give you a PM at about 6pm or something.

Upvote 0

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
so basically ur guide only works with sql2005?

updated the files in the link to the server files, it now has included in the dbserver folder a mir2sql2000backup, for all those having problems restoring the mir2restorethis backup that was created in mssql2005.

hope this helps for the people getting the same problem that mcbillster is getting

Upvote 0

bloooodhound

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2005
updated the files in the link to the server files, it now has included in the dbserver folder a mir2sql2000backup, for all those having problems restoring the mir2restorethis backup that was created in mssql2005.

hope this helps for the people getting the same problem that mcbillster is getting

Rite Rite am confused now.

I had sql2000 but it had errors and would let me restore so i have now downloaded sql 2005 and i am using the files what Koni has on his post.
Could some one tell me how to use 2005 and how to do a restore. I need this sorted by 5 :(

Upvote 0

bloooodhound

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2005
Oo all i need to do now is restore that file in sql 2005 + do the other 2 - 3 steps then it should be sorted :D so could some 1 guild me how to use sql2005 and how to restore on that :S as i am using it the first time

Upvote 0

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
click start, all programs, sql server 2005, sql server management studio
click connect at log in screen

right click databases.
click restore database
in the "to database" put lom2 or mir2 (doesnt matter as long as you change the inis)
select from device
then use the .... to browse for the file to restore
click add to locate the backup
change the files of type to all files(*)
locate the backup
click OK,,, OK
tick the box under restore
Click ok, and if everything is fine, it will say restore ok

it did for me whilst walking this through, on vista and mssql2005

Upvote 0

bloooodhound

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2005
Start, all programmes, microsoft SQL server 2005, configuration tools, SQL server manager. and 2 more things underneath ->
SQL server error and reporting
SQL Area surface configuration

Upvote 0