Launcher Problem

smoochy boys on tour

CaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
well, this problem has nothing to do with running a server, its about playing them.

i have been playing a server for a while now without problems, but all of a sudden today i went to click the launcher and i got

"Chinease symbols" has stopped working error. everytime i try and open the launcher.

I tried,

Restarting,
Deleting the folder and re-copying my original untouched mir3 files,
Renaming the launcher,
Using different launchers,
System restore,

i am running vista

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

CrusaderIssy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2007
Try installing a fresh copy to a different location, so instead of C:/Program Files/LegendOfMir3 try putting them somewhere else like C:/Program Files/OtherMir3

Don't know if this will work for sure but it seemed to cure a similar problem I had with vista. Tried deleteing and re-installing the files and they just came back as the old ones and not the fresh installed ones when I used the same path. Changed the pathname and they worked. Think it's a vista thing though because I never had these problems with XP :P

Hope this helps,
Issy

Upvote 0

CrusaderIssy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2007
Lol i tried getting a new PC with XP on it and no-one seems to have them now, it's all new PC's with Vista or reconditioned ones with XP. Don't know if I trust recon ones though so went for a new one.

Upvote 0

CaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
Clipboard01.jpg

thats what i get, i cant seem to figure it out. is there a way to run the exe without using the launcher? kinda like the old servers where you just change the IP and stuff.

Upvote 0

CrusaderIssy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2007
I know it's a silly question but have you set your new version to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP? This might help it on vista too but not making any promises.

Good luck,
Issy :)

Upvote 0

CaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
no question is a silly question, im going crazy right now to get this working.

i have the illusion launcher which works but i dont know how to configure it to run with other servers.

and yes it is set to xp, kinda stupid how on vista, there is no vista there

any ideas are helpful, thanks

Upvote 0

CaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
thanks im gonna try that,

also, is there a way to launch mir without using a launcher?

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
ehm lom3 3.55
ehm no i dont think so
the only clients without launcher are the old ones like lom2 1.9, 2.3 and 3g/ 3.38, 3.40 and also the older job/ei files

Upvote 0

CaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
damit, so there is no alternate way to run mir3?
this is nuts, and its not like i have any one i can complain to, its a p server lol, damn....

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
ehm lol p for privat or p for pay ??

lol if its p for pay than ask gm from that server to help u cause u payed for it
lol if its p for privat than ask also the gm from that server to help u cause they wanna have ppl that play there

so in both directions the gm/owner from that server should help u out lol

Upvote 0

CaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
if i was paying for something, and it did this too me, man id make my thoughts known.

so for this problem, i am pretty much screwed right?

Upvote 0

CaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
kmooonn, there has to be something i can do? anyone?

ps. im not tryina spam, this is my last post on this

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
rly i have none futher idea the only idea i can think of is put ur microsoft vista in a dumbcase and look for win xp or win2k

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
also is win2k running faster as xp need not so much resources and is also much more stable as xp (what u think why xp is designed in original for privat use and win2k for companys) on NT basis

if win2k had not 1 or 2 troubles that i dont want to have i would run it futhermore and not XP

@kaori unimportend but he not she :P

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
well, its been a while..and now i am getting that problem with almost every game i try and run, the only thing is the other games will work for a bit before the error pops up. its looking like its def a windows problem.

i share this computer, and i did not buy it so i cant put in a diff OS, the person wants it to stay vista...i have no idea why.

i am dying to play mir again

Upvote 0

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
also is win2k running faster as xp need not so much resources and is also much more stable as xp (what u think why xp is designed in original for privat use and win2k for companys) on NT basis

if win2k had not 1 or 2 troubles that i dont want to have i would run it futhermore and not XP

@kaori unimportend but he not she :P

o.O Wat ? ^^ XP work on a new Designed Win2k Kernel and Win2k work on a NT Kernel. XP is not like Win95/98/ME noooo it is a pure 32bit / and later 64bit System Based on NT with new Kernel Design.

@CaNiBuS Vista you can only test with Compatibli Mode for XP or you look for made a Manifest for the UAC...

Upvote 0