Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
Mhh now i have next probs *grr

i have changed all to network ip and what happend *Nothing run

first i have changed only the ips from the how to guide. After that i try to coennect with mirlogin rungate and gate30 it happend nothing so i go into the ini´s and try again gate 30 could connect mirlogin also but rungate say ever and ever again inside cruel server.exe Not ready 192.x.x.x WHY???

i have changed also the parts in the Databases on that guide.

BTW i have done it because often here ppl say it doesnt run on one system so i wanna put the client on other pc but with 127.0.0.1 all have run the only prob was i got not in game after "you are connect to the server please wait some seconds"

pls i need fast help befor i took my pc and throw him out of the window *grrrrrrrrr btw the other post i need the answer also i have made one account over db but that cant not be the best

Greetz

Amenovis

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
k i have changed like u did and now he runs the maps but that changed nothing for the rungate it does not connect :(

ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
loading string resource...
String resource loaded.
Connected to common database.
Connected to SqlDB database.
15:21:08:ÕýÔÚ¿ªÊ¼ÔØÈëSQLÎïÆ·Êý¾Ý¿â.............¼Ç¼Êý=1348
ÎïÆ·Êý¾Ý¿âÔØÈë³É¹¦
loading MiniMap.txt...
MiniMap information loaded.
loading MapFiles...
15:21:08:Read Emergency Map : [0] 458,398
Mapfile loaded.
loading DropRareItems.DB...
DropRareItems.DB loaded.
loading Monster.DB...
15:21:48:ÕýÔÚ¿ªÊ¼ÔØÈëSQL¹ÖÎïÊý¾Ý¿â.............¼Ç¼Êý=339
15:21:48:starttimer exception..

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
you don't have to worry about running the game gate if you are getting

starttimer exception

that means game server failed to start.

in your case your SQL database needs checking...

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh it would be easier if u could say me what should i check m8 :(

odbc connect to sql
restore right
ip´s
or tables
btw: i have changed some ip´s how u said to network ip mhh did i also must change some ip´s in the !server.txt or not ??

screen from sql server account tables

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Patan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
on pubips u need to change loginserver to 192.168.xxx
all other 127.0.xx
logingw back to 127 and loginserver to 192.xxx

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Amenovis said:
k i had done but its still starttimer exceptions ;(

Time to "Search" the forum and see that "start timer exception" has been covered a Squidillion times"

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
k i have done

result:

first i have look for odbc if they all possible to connect . they are!
2nd i have search here for starttime eceptions i found much thread right
i have took the one where the eroor is same like mine (behind the mob.db)
i go to the mop db and search into the table for chines names. nothing
all what was not normal :`EvilFanatic20 (with `in front).
So i try to change --> error : "Row cannot be located for updating......."
i have search again here and found out i need a program that calls Applocale
i have used google to find that prog and found it

BUT now Öhm The program can only use with WindowsXP or windows2000 server software mhh at my side all is running on win2k and now?

Edit: i have see its possible to write tham new i make that i hope that work
Edit2: I have done written the table HL_Monster new result nothing happend its still Starttimer Exception.
Edit3: DBServ Folder Map : c:\LoM\Envir
Edit4: !Setup map c:\LoM\Map
Edit5: HELP iam going to be sick really mhh i sit now here over 60 hours to get a server running that is impossible (for other servers webservers and so on i have need not the half time without knowledge)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Right, Pull up a chair and once again I will re-type this information, bit like brain washing I guess :)

The first thing you do is follow the guide I wrote carefully, I know it works as many people have followed it and got a server running, in fact how I wrote it was set a machine up from scratch and took some screenshots along the way.

Next part - try to zero in on the problem rather then running everythig at once and saying "Doh - it don't work". Let expand on this, If I ran ONLY the Login Server & the Login Gate - I can log in via a client - of course I wont get ANY further but thats not the point. Next is DbServer + SelChat Gate - this is responisble for "Selecting your char" - if your client gets past this part - Hurray as they say !!

Now the server, it can be run "On its Own" without Anything else running whatsoever - if it says StartTimer Exception at this part - then its having trouble talking to the Database OR the !setup.txt is Corrupted/Wrong Whatever.

Lastly, go through every single file known to man 500 times and check the IP, the server name etc - I have people swear blind they have done this, 5 seconds later on Remote control I spot a file they missed !!! My advice - go take a break, have a coffee, a beer or whatever and then come back to it, spend a few hours on it, go out or something...
Getting the server running is merely the Start of the problems and another thing which gets on my wick (not pointing to you btw)...
I answer somebody and you never hear from them again to say "yes that worked" - so my answers are as and when - as I also need to work :)

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh kk i will delete all and beginn from new. But i wondering that all get there servers running because the mapinfo.txt is diffently wrong (i copied the one from Patanit works without error) also the error with the port from rungate 5010 5100 5000 (5000 was the right one) also the entry in the mop db with `in front mhh u are realy sure that ur parts running or is it possible that the ppl took all ur guide but the parts from holley 38 from kaoris mirror *damn all unimportend i will copy what i need and start again.

but pls someone write me wich ip i have to put where. it means
!setup.txt//serverinfo.txt//gate ini´s(logingate,rungate,gate30)//dbsrv connect ip to Login and finaly db account ip´s

Upvote 0

Patan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
"Row cannot be located for updating......."

i think i know what u mean, nearly always if u change names in enterprisemanager it tols u that. then this line is too long
most times write ur name there and press deleate button often so that there are all spaces get deleatet and try to klick another line. if no error comes it worked :)

btw: i tryed to rename a mob in my monster.db with a ´in the front but cd3g still worked ... restore db again and odbc again takes only secounds but then u can be shure its right path etc.

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh i have tried with the backspce after the word but that wasnt the prob as i read there stand unicode is wrong my pc isnt able to translate itand i think its not a big deal to make all again new restore odbc and so on the quest is only wich ip i must put in wich box and i must copy ur mapinfo.txt hehe

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Few points to this lot:

The MapInfo Matched all the maps on my client...I shared both so how can it be wrong??

The Updating of SQL and then an error means --- can you guess??? I shall say the word Chinese Lang Pack Once more dear friend. If you dont have it installed or all done properly then the database now reads ???? instead of the chinese name and of course a smore then one field says ???? it fails....your just gonn have to install that chinese pack eh !!..

Lastly IP's......

As my machine has what we call a Network card, I set ALL my Ips to the LAN ip (which I go and set up rather then hoping for DHCP to dish out the same one all the time). You can set *most* of them as 127.0.0.1 which btw is LOCAL to that machine - but you knew that right. The only ones that need to be LAN IP are the ones that talk on port 7000, 7100 and 7200, the rest can be local..

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
so i dont know what it was but now all is working mhh i have make all again on other pc change mapinfo.txt and all run ?? i dont must understand it or ?

THX to ALL for helping me

Last edited:
Upvote 0