Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
check the image;

untitled1yf.png

These blocks just appear ingame, whether im playing EVE, CS, BF2 or just watching a video in Windows Media Center, this messes up my desktop icons, and the title bar of windows, I have the latest ATi drivers, so could it be a hardware error? :/

Anyway once this happens I just restart and it goes away, but then comes back at a random time, sometimes I can go a whole day without getting this ****, but then other times it pops up after 5 minutes of going into game

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
try simple stuff 1st this probly wont help im 90% sure but when i move the moniter lead on my old pc i get the same thing and color changes, also dust on the pins causes problems

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Is the card cool enough?

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
It shouldn't be too hot anyway, I've got my Vapochill micro blowing air directly onto it, which I hope should cool it down, and i've got an exhaust fan directly underneath it

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Somthing to do with AA or overclocking maybe? Heard you get artifcats onscreen if you go even a few mhz over the limit.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Turin said:
Somthing to do with AA or overclocking maybe? Heard you get artifcats onscreen if you go even a few mhz over the limit.
I heard that if you do get that from overclocking, it usually means your GPU is fired =p.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Sorry for the type, I hope known is getting artifcats, because that sounds really bad.

Meanwhile if you have artifacts (distorted/blank spaces/irrelevant rendering on screen) it means there's something wrong with either the driver configuration or the clock speeds/overheating.

At least I think;
Turin

ps - as Ragnar says ^^.

Last edited:

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Hmm, well I have a 480W PSU, =/ I don't have anything cooling the GPU apart from the GPU fan, any ideas?

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Blaminator said:
Hmm, well I have a 480W PSU, =/ I don't have anything cooling the GPU apart from the GPU fan, any ideas?
Meh you told me you had another fan blowing right at it on MSN =p.

Touch the heatsink (if possible), or the other side of the card right where the core is and see if you can hold your fnger on it.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
I did have my Vapochill fan blowing directly on it, but then I got my TV card, which is in the way :x

I won't touch it, i'll just place my coolermaster musketeer thermistor on it, and see the reading on the dial

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
I will do when the error next occurs.

Who made what, the PSU? Antec, Neo4 480W Silent PSU, Modular

I am getting my X1900XTX on wednesday though, I'm just worried that cooling / power may be an issue