read error (map files) code=-1

Join Discord

MrMcD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2004
Barnt Green
Iv tried searching but couldnt find an anser on how to fix this :S

the error pops up when its loading map files and in the crueldragonmir3g.exe it says summink (is in pic)

prob summink simple but i dont have know what the emergency map is or what its for :s

Attachments

• read error (map files). code=1.bmp
    68.6 KB · Views: 83
  • errorpic.JPG
    errorpic.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 80

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
When the server is loading, it goes off to the Directory it is told where the mapinfo is Held and reads from that file what maps it is meant to load. Now two situtations here:

1. If it tires to load a map but cannot find the respective map held in the Directory you told it the maps were stored, then it comes up with an error (popup) saying it cannot load Map xxx

2. If you have blately not followed my guides and done as I told you, then my guess is as follows:

In this piccy (dbserver) you have probabaly placed the direrectory where your MAPS are stored - this is not correct, it wants MAPINFO.TXT
dbsrv.jpg

The place where you tell it where you store you maps is in fact !Setup.txt as follows:

setup.jpg

For the damm last time - Emerengry Map is NOT an error but its a place where if the other locations fail, this is where it can at least plonk somone...

Now do me a Favour - go and read the guide 5 times, set up your server and then come back...kk

Upvote 0

MrMcD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2004
Barnt Green
dont you think i wud have already read through all the guides i can find, a number of times, to check i did it right and dont you think i wud have looked at both of those directorie things to make sure they were right?

iv looked and tryed and failed thats the reason i posted on here, posting for help is the last resort after iv searched and tried everytink i think of.

Is there any other reason this mite b happening?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
in all honesty demonic is right. that is a simple error which is fixed by putting your mapinfo.txt to the right path, its all covered in the guide.

Upvote 0

MrMcD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2004
Barnt Green
iv checked and rechecked this all so many times and i just cant see why its still not working :(

youv both sed that its the location of the mapinfo.txt but it is correct so it cant b that

and heres a pic of both them and i hope u will see they are how you hav told me to do it

Attachments

• setuppic.bmp
    39.1 KB · Views: 72
  • dbservpic.bmp
    66.6 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
can i ask why u have got it in such a confusing directory to start off with?

why not just c:\LS3G\Envir and c:\L23G\Map\

and also for the mapinfo.txt path, dont put a \ at the end. like mine ^^.

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
I did some testing for you....
If you put Wrong path to Envir, DbServer (which you have not provided Screenshots of) says "Cannot find the Path Specified"

When I renamed the MAP directory - Bingo - Same error as you...

Suggestion - move the Maps somwhere where the Path is not as Long, I would suggest making a Directory called MIr3Server and putting everyting inside that instead of that Way Long path you have there..

And as for reading the guides, Ive had people tell me blue in the face they have read the guides and stumbled on stuff that is in there..reading but not taking in lets say !!

Upvote 0

MrMcD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2004
Barnt Green
woot iv found out what was rong :D

after i put it into a shorter more simple directory when it was loading each map file a pop up came when it found a map on mapinfo.txt but couldnt find it in the map folder, so i went thru the mapinfo.txt and deleted the info about maps that wernt in the maps folder and now it seems to running ok :)

thanks for the help :)

Upvote 0

mir3Mist

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 11, 2005
Demonic said:
I did some testing for you....
If you put Wrong path to Envir, DbServer (which you have not provided Screenshots of) says "Cannot find the Path Specified"

When I renamed the MAP directory - Bingo - Same error as you...

Suggestion - move the Maps somwhere where the Path is not as Long, I would suggest making a Directory called MIr3Server and putting everyting inside that instead of that Way Long path you have there..

And as for reading the guides, Ive had people tell me blue in the face they have read the guides and stumbled on stuff that is in there..reading but not taking in lets say !!
set mine up ... followed his guide... perfect and can now set one up probally with eyes closed ... and i have learnt an awful lot just from readin albeit i cam across a few errors but that was cos i didnt read it properly i just went back to that part of the guide and it worked fine .. its jsut common sence most of it

Upvote 0

zenitani

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 8, 2004
Earth
wow~~~ nice job done guys .... but the reason i get map not found is Mapinfo text its not the wrong path i put ... But its not the right one inside the server file i get FFS ... after few map info text i change its work now .... dammit lol ... but anyway ... thanks for all infomation all in here !!!!!

Upvote 0