Guild Decoration System (ver1.0)

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Whipped this together in about 40 minutes

Allows you to place 9 Statues and 12 Mobs any where around the npc
The Objects disappear every time you reboot the server, But any good server doesnt need to be reboot often...

This is only for Ledu (I used L-NPC) and 1.9 M2server's

Anyway download below

Place the npc anywhere you want Im not gonna tell you how to position npcs...

If you want I can contuine this if not its there for other servers to improve on.

Download Here

Enjoy
MiloFoxburr

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Hehe nice release :).

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
:) i was on the right lines by saying npc's spawning npc's, this new npc command to let npc's use gm commands will open up a new npc world for me :) n1 milo

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Love said:
Any good server does a reboot everyday for updates, fixes and general maintenance.

No, Any good server can use a test server for that and apply the fixes every week

And with 1.9 most things that would need fixing NPC's DB's etc can be reloaded on the fly

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
MiloFoxburr said:
No, Any good server can use a test server for that and apply the fixes every week

And with 1.9 most things that would need fixing NPC's DB's etc can be reloaded on the fly

Oh yea like i want to be playing with a major bug for a whole week.

wtg.

:doggy!:

EDIT: Oh and having a test server doesn't mean the main server doesn't need rebooting, it just means you only have to do it once a day, which would make it a good server (or have good server reliability anyway).

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Love said:
Oh yea like i want to be playing with a major bug for a whole week.

wtg.

Dont be stupid, you know damn well that if a server has a major bug then it should still be in testing

Aint you the one who beleives in months of beta testing if there's a major bug after then there a **** tester

Now get off the thread if you dont have anything useful to contribute to it

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
MiloFoxburr said:
Dont be stupid, you know damn well that if a server has a major bug then it should still be in testing

Aint you the one who beleives in months of beta testing if there's a major bug after then there a **** tester

Now get off the thread if you dont have anything useful to contribute to it

Now you just being silly, no one and no game/server/company can get rid of all of the bugs ever, theres allways something left behind or forgotten, missed, overlooked etc etc.

I belive in months of testing, then closed beta, open beta and then a live server.

But i also belive in checking your work 3 times then getting someone else to check it twice.

And bugs are still found, you can't beta test every update you make for a few months, back when we were doing the early whiplash server we were adding new stuff almost everyday and when your running like that bugs will get in, but thats what made it a great server (the updates not the bugs).

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Love said:
Now you just being silly, no one and no game/server/company can get rid of all of the bugs ever, theres allways something left behind or forgotten, missed, overlooked etc etc.

I belive in months of testing, then closed beta, open beta and then a live server.

But i also belive in checking your work 3 times then getting someone else to check it twice.

And bugs are still found, you can't beta test every update you make for a few months, back when we were doing the early whiplash server we were adding new stuff almost everyday.

You said major bug There's a difference between a major bug and a small bug that can be fixed in a weekly reboot.

Have you ever ever seen an online game being rebooted every single day no.

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
MiloFoxburr said:
You said major bug There's a difference between a major bug and a small bug that can be fixed in a weekly reboot.

Have you ever ever seen an online game being rebooted every single day no.

I belive small bugs are just as important as big ones, they just have different effects on the server if left in.

A good server fixes all of them asap.

And no, official online games don't reboot everyday just to fix small bugs (they would do for major ones tho), but private lom servers are not official online games and we have less people to please so we have to do more to keep players on the servers, which means fixing all bugs asap.

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Love said:
I belive small bugs are just as important as big ones, they just have different effects on the server if left in.

A good server fixes all of them asap.

Tell that to all the companies that run online games then.