Complete DB Guide?!?

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
Someone Tell Me Or Send Me A Complete DB Guide, That Tells Me Absolutely Everything Possible To Know :P Danke Schon [email protected] :thirsty:

••Ðøåkÿ••

Too cool to post :)
Golden Oldie
Apr 12, 2004
Well i see a few posts on db commander issues so i thought id post a small guide here for anyone that needs it.

lets start off with

The Monster Db file

The monster db file is the easiest db file so there isnt much that can be said.

If you wish to create a new mob with the skin of an old mob easiest thing to do is copy the mob and paste renaming and change stats etc.

If you wish to add an ei mob skin and you dont know the db code open gadgets image viewer (available on download section) and find the mob skin you wish to choose.
Then take the wil it is in (for example mon11.wil) and subtract 1 (makes it 10 )

...then count along and find which number mob it is and then subtract 1 from that (eg if its the 4th monster along it becomes number )

Then put the numbers together (dont add)

So if its in mon11 mob 5 its appearance number is then 14
if its in mon13 mob 1 its appearance number is then 120

If you wish to give for example a tong a poison attack find a mob with poison (venomspider) and copy its race and race img into the tongs race and race img slot.

the other columns hp,dc,ac,amc,attack speed are self explanatory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------===========================================
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Item Db file

This is more complex for a begginer so ill start off from the basics.

Column lists

STD MODE - each item has its own std mode basicly this tells the server if its a weapon a necklace or a ring etc.
necklaces,rings and bracers have more than one std mode because they are capable of having different stats.

eg. a galering can never hjave ac or amc because it is a different std mode.

an iron ring can never have aspeed because it has a diff std mode.

SHAPE - shape is what the weapon looks like in the outside view. if you are creating a weapon using an old skin just copy the shape from there but if you are using one of the new weapons then the easiest way to find its db is find the last normal in the wil (redmoonsword) which is shape 30 and count along if its the 2nd weapon on from redmoonsword its shape 32.

ANNICOUNT - well according to my db for jewelry annicount adds hp leach or +hp (as in orchidring and pheonybrace)

SOURCE - Each minus number in source adds +1 holy onto a weapon(-3 source gives +3 holy)
while each plus number adds inten to then weapon.

LOOKS - This is what the item will look like on the equip/bag screen the easiest way to find this with any items is use the aprentice image viewer (on download page) find the look you want and highlight it and it will display its looks number

AC+ AC2 - this does diff things for diff items/weapon so heres quick list

std 22 rings - ac for this adds normal ac (armour)
std 23 rings - ac for this std mode will add attack speed and ac2 adds poison evasion

std 24 bracers - ac2 adds + accuracy
std 26 bracers - ac+ac2 add normal ac (armour)

std 19 neckys - ac2 adds magic evasion (1 = 10%)
std 20 neckys - ac2 adds accuracy
std 21 neckys - ac adds attack speed

weapons - ac2 adds accuracy

MAC + AMC2 - list of whats this does for diff things

std24 bracers - mac2 adds agility
std26 bracers - mac and amc2 add amc (magic armour)

std22 rings - mac + mac2 adds normal amc armour

NEED + NEEDLEVEL

basicly if u want the item lv 30 to wear set need to 0 and need level to 30
NEEDmeans if you want the item to be say neccesery dc 40 to wear.
You set NEED to...
1= warrior
2= wizard
3= taoist

so neccesery sc 25 to wear would be
3 in need and 25 in need level
--------------------------------------------------------------

next time try searching

SoulSeeker

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 22, 2003
England
Download this i made it just for you :). Hopefully this will help with screenshots provided. This basically explains how to use DBCommander.
[glow2=red]Warning:- The format is winrar (.rar)[/glow2]

Last edited:

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
the best bump award goes to you

11 months thats the biggest bump i have seen in a while

hint THE ONE THREAD YOU WILL EVER NEED

BH

Status