Help please?

Join Discord

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
Hi,
I dont know if anyone can help me, but I got a problem where I cant view my process's list.
I've attached a screen-shot of what I see.

-Neo

Emotionless

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2004
my guess is the list is being populated but taking ages. try restarting in safe mode and logging in as the Administrator user and try view processes then.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
i say ur pc is knackerd and will never be fixed. send it to me ill give u my address.
Ty.

:P, nah id say like emo, its obviously not populating the list, tried a restart?

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
Works in Safe mode on the same account, just not in normal mode

~Edit~
I've restarted. Also a virus has for me :P. But i think its gone **hopes**

-Neo

Last edited:

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
Ok, now its got worse. I can hardly do anything - I'm lucky to be on the net now even. Selected web sites just close down on me. Nortan Anti-Virus is one of the programs which will not load (installation) - So I'm just in one BIG mess.

-Neo

~EDIT~
When i boot up the PC - My CPU Usage is usually 100% for a good 10 minutes.

darbyram

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Oldham
at the run command type msconfig, goto the startup part and untick everything in there then click on apply,let your comp reboot...always worth a try if u aint done it already m8..and u can always enable things again one at a time 2 see wots the prob.......

BTW neo wots the last thing u installed, software, drivers...etc..9 times out of ten these are normally the cause....so uninstall any recent stuff or u could always use system restore m8

Last edited:

darbyram

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Oldham
NeoPuma said:
I'll try that now m8 ty. If I don't get any further by 1pm, Its going back to the maker - I lost my temper last night and put it out for the trash XD.

N e Way, reffering to DeadlyEagle's post in http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=116514#post116514, I used the Scanner thing - It removed 49 copies of it. I don't think thats the last I'll see of it though for some reason.

-Neo

did u disable system restore before u scanned for that virus dude????

darbyram

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Oldham
NeoPuma said:
system restore? Htf u disable tht? and why would I any way

-Neo
goto control panel, then system, and there should be system restore at the top on that menu box type of thing......u need 2 disable it before you scan for that virus m8y..then re-enable when done

DeadlyEagle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
well you have to try to do a virus scan to figure out what virusses you have in ur comp somehow. If you cant seem to do that you can search for possible solutions online(people who had the same thing) , but in ur case its worse then I tought, 10 min to load? Cant vieuw proccesses? Cant go online? Hmm well sounds ****ed up, mayb in this case format C would b best, but make sure that you have enough backups ;)

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
If norton dont load then simply goto the online virus checker and try to use tht on nortons homepage.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
lol... same happend to me its started saying some of my downloads were corrupt and also jamming up closing off explorer for no reason...i reinstalled my pc lol..now i gotta install bout 20 drivers just to get on net so i cba gonna let dad do it i on my other pc.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i wldnt use norton. voted the worst virus checker out atm. said to cause more frequent pc problems than any virus wld. deleting files it thinks is a virus, eventually totally screwing up ur pc.

Emotionless

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2004
if norton doesn't work in normal mode run it in safe mode. safe mode only runs the programs necessary for the computer to run, so if you just run norton and it finds a virus then get rid of it. if it says you can't get rid of it, check the execution file name then try and match it with your processes list. if it matches you'll need to upgrade your windows XP using your XP CD to re-install windows components. check you havent got a well known virus by searching "mcafee stinger" in google and downloading it.

Emotionless

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2004
farril im sure that only people who have no idea how to understand it and think theyre elite haxors say that. it worked fine for me, yet because it's so well known and used most virii out there have a script to retard up norton's files so it either doesn't load or randomly deletes files.

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
Ok, Searching for A.V.G web site, and Nortan web site and many other Anti-Virus web sites...All it does is shuts off. This is because the virus closes any THING with 'Anti-Virus' in it -_-

-Neo