Getting back into server files: Need advice

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Hi all, long time no speaky! With the obvious demise of gamepot's attempt at a mir server and with me having more time on my hands now i'm thinking of setting up a server but there seems to be a million-and-one server files out there so it's all confusing -.-

My question is what are the best server files to work on in terms of setting up a stable (but up to date in terms of functionality) server with a long term potential with a minimum amount of bugs?

I'm not the best coder in the world but im sure i can pick it back up, any tips and advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
2.3 are still a good set of files, if you know how to balance them.

Hero files, are another good set. However have some bugs in them, and work has stopped on them i think ?

Ruby files, probs the best set to use atm i would say. Have been running Pheonix server for a couple of months. Seem stable and lag free, no bugs as that effect gameplay.

Out the 3, i would use Ruby files, then 2.3, and last Hero.

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
how are they ? What do hero files have that Ruby dont ? Ruby has fully working Assassin,Tigers,Fishing,Quest System, No Bugs.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
ruby has loads of bugs and also stupid account maker plus no m2 functions

where as hero only has auto pot which is being removed soon

fishing - not needed / cheatable
tigers - crap
quest system - obv best feature
heroes - bugged
assassin
ac amc 255 cap

heroes is uncapped

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
ruby has loads of bugs and also stupid account maker plus no m2 functions

where as hero only has auto pot which is being removed soon

fishing - not needed / cheatable
tigers - crap
quest system - obv best feature
heroes - bugged
assassin
ac amc 255 cap

heroes is uncapped

Hmm ac/amc seems fine to me.
xqdheq.jpg

yea they maybe bugs in ruby but i know dam well lil fixed more things this past week then i saw from your so best hero files lol

Last edited:

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I would also agree the ruby files are probably your best option atm, but imo they still have a few annoying bugs such as items disappearing randomly from your bag, if you can code then it may be worth try getting the source for hero files or help out with a few bugs they have main 1 being tdb not working, theres always the 2.3 files which are stable but lack new features etc

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Ruby files much different to run compared to TD? SQL etc used?
Just started on a 2.3 is all and wondered if its much harder/diff cause i like the quest system.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Ruby files are easy to set up once you know what your doing, just follow the guides yeh they use sql.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I have to agree, with the lack of work being done on Heroes now, I'd choose to use Ruby.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Ruby isnt protected against cheating though. Some cheats works on those files for instance. Also seem to be abit, too structured around Korean official?

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
hmm, dont like the idea of cheats ingame =/ tends to ruin servers imo. Would it be easy enough to upgrade from 2.3 to other files e.g Ruby if / when they sorted out the cheats?

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
I'd agree as well with Ruby being your best option. It has everything the Hero files have now(and more), only done a lot better.
And as far as 2.3, forget about them.