Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2010
Re: Lomcn

I think a big problem is that the community isnt really that helpful as it used to be which makes staffing slightly pointless (unless you can find people actually dedicated to helping the community and not just having a different coloured name).

Advertising is your best option right now with the Official servers slightly increasing mir's popularity.

In any case the game is slowly dying and as such the community is dying too, its has become more of an advertising space for servers with average usercounts of 10~25 rather then a place to develope new files and new ideas.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I'm always up for LOMCN being revamped and improved. I feel there has been more activity on here then there has been for a while so making a few changes now could help to keep or draw in more members.

Id like to hear what you have in store Haz.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Something needs to be done to bring the community back, but that's not as easy as it sounds as Mir isn't as popular as it used to be all those years ago and it's now gone down a money making road, people not willing to help each other or work together due to greed.

If we can all start helping each other out, get a team of people working on getting a good set of files up for the community (Tried and filed 100 times I know) this would help massively.

A friendly community is a good community! But instead we have a selfish community with a few exceptions.

Advertising would help, and what would be nice is for servers that are advertised here at LOMCN to mention LOMCN on their server. Be it on the Welcome screen, the Blue shouts in game, or even just on their own website.

Staff re-vamp is probably needed, although we seem to have one every other month!

I think some sections need looking at, some of the stickies need tidying up with new working links to the more up to date files etc to make it more user/new comer friendly.

I'll add more when I think!

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
People see mir as ooo i need £50 ill put up a crappy mir server with some donations and get it, been done loads so it dnt really matter wont harm no 1 so... 50 servers later of doing the same thing we are here lol

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi peeps,

Since I'm back as admin (again) I'd like to get your thoughts on where you would like LOMCN to go? Personally I have never liked to idea of moving to other games, we are Legend of Mir, if you want other games visit RaGEZONE. That might shock some people, but why should LOMCN try to recreate something that has been done already?

Things we should concentrate on: (starting point)
Staff revamp
Sections cleanup
Maybe a new style (test)
Advertising
Ill add more as people post .

Personal note: Yes I know this has been said before blah blah blah. Im not making any promises I just want your thoughts on where you want LOMCN to go.

Unless you expand into other games / media, then i really don't see this forum growing, you can dress mir2/3 up anyway you like but its still mir and mir is old, and it wont keep people here any longer. Lomcn is living in the past, instead of growing with the new games (and game community's) that are created every year.

The gaming industry is changing its more social than it has ever been, game developers who blog titbits about their games, and news sections with information as soon as its released, and columnist's with fun and exciting topics. Mir is a pretty blank subject, it has no news as its such an old foreign game.

To survive long term you need to compete with the other gaming forums its not about rolling over and saying well its been done, its about doing it better.
the main problem is there is no drive to lomcn it has no long or short term gains for staff / admins, money is what drives ragezone and other gaming forums, without drive lomcn is pretty much dead in the water. (you should consider adverts for members under loyal (if you expanded).

it was clever of Mental to recruit lomcn admins/mods as mods on ragezone that way lomcn never expands, thus no competition. i would of done the same thing.

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
The Mir seen is fading a bit, but their are still people who play good servers. It's just been so long since any descent,balanced, creative servers have been made. "Mainly Mir 3" Mir 3 doesn't even have the files we need nor assasin nor coders. So you basically have Mir 2 Section thriving at the moment. It might be in the interest of the community to look around at just not Mir or Wool. As far as staff is concerned, trustworthy people are hard to find. If we brought more coders in and actually "Worked toward the future of MIR and Gaming." The possiblities are endless.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
If you bring other games into lomcn you will lose intrest in the main game on here which is mir, and considering the amount of mmorpg forums out their it's pretty pointless, Lomcn is the only Private server MIR forum around and because the game is really old there not much intrest in it anymore, maybe 100-200 users following private MIR servers. If you bring in games like Aion, WoW etc.. what could people on here do different to whats already been done? i mean the resources will just be leaked of the likes of ragezone and no one from that forum would bother coming to this one. I think you should keep focusing on MIR, i mean you still got MIR2/3 official servers still running which is bringing new people here everyday.

I have to say though i belive it's the P2P servers... sorry GameShop servers which have ruined Mir on here, i would never play a mir private server, i rather go to the official MIR and pay for stuff, quite alot of people disagree but i think it's the main reason it's dieing on here.

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
There are still many people playing mir, this forum is just crap. Every 1 argues over pointless things, every 1 insults servers if they have any problems.

The mods all stick up for there friends, and most are immature. And no1 releases anything, as its all about money now days.

Weve gone from 1.4 - 1.9 - 2.3 then the last 3-4 years nothing! People need to work together to get more files out there.

There need to be monitoring on server donations, fair enough if the owner makes a drink or what ever. But when people are making thousands, its stupid.

Last edited:

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Lomcn is the only Private server MIR forum around and because the game is really old there not much intrest in it anymore.
Nail , Head. exactly there is no interest in it anymore so why devote everything to a dead game, there is probably what 300 active pserver players? and the other 300 come to the forum to browse / general chat, (general section lately is more active that mir2/3 chat/serverchat etc combined)

The mods all stick up for there friends, and most are immature. And no1 releases anything, as its all about money now days.

Weve gone from 1.4 - 1.9 - 2.3 then the last 3-4 years nothing! People need to work together to get more files out there.

There need to be monitoring on server donations, fair enough if the owner makes a drink or what ever. But when people are making thousands, its stupid.

The forum has always been biased when it comes to their friends and close circle sadly.

imo its to late now, even if a new set of files was released its not going to bring back all the people who left the community during them 3-4 years, neither will it bring in new people.

donations are a sore subject on this forum, nothing has been done about the other topic and the decision that was made yet, and like sanity said the p2p revolution is mostly to blame when it comes to the state of the priv mir community + lack of files.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
@for a developeing team , we should work all on phily files and get community a nice set of files
i wanted to start working on files for weeks but seems no1 wants to give me borland delphi 7 so i can start working on them
as i cant use torrents anymore and ffs i cant find it nowhere ...

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Why can't u use torrents, only way ur gonna get it without paying for it.

Omega

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2010
The main problem was people becoming selfish, this is what killed (still killing) the community.

The community was big because of excitement of finding new things within files, the community got selfish and source was released which doesnt contain any hidden features thus no excitement.

No offense but people are simple and simple things entertain people until the next new simple thing comes along. People need constant entertainment not just three times a year updates.

Plus you need to advertise, I advertised clan hosting 4 years ago and I still recieve the odd email about it.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
When i played myth of soma, we all used private server forums, just like this forum, it had a decent community then one day it just died out. Point is that this forum will die out soon and Mir will come to a end, i mean how many servers are up at the moment? 10 at most? thats a sign of Mir dieing.
It's no longer about people sharing and helping anymore, it's just about whos willing to work on a server for people which there isnt many around anymore.

I recently been poping on here now and again and i have noticed a big change in activity and people posting on here in the last month and it's droped big time, if a admin closed this forum today i doubt people would really miss it tbh, may miss it for a week or so but after that you will be on another game.

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
You will always have your dedicated mir players, and server owners. Who will do anything for a few quid. So i cant see there ever not being a mir server to play.

What does need to be done, is get new players in! I mean i joined this forum when i was a kid, and mir was the nuts :P Yes it aint got the fancy graphics like some other games, but its gameplay and pvp is still up there.

I dunno were you would look for these new players, but they must be out there somewhere.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Yes it aint got the fancy graphics like some other games, but its gameplay and pvp is still up there.

I dunno were you would look for these new players, but they must be out there somewhere.

Sam says : hey Dave, i know this cool game, its 10 years old, 2d, and the graphics are poor compared to the other mmorpg games out now, the servers are unreliable and theirs been no updates in 4years, plus the hosts are only in it for the money, but im sure you will like it.
Dave says : lol no thanks.

you better start looking around insane asylums lol.
not to mention the pvp system in mir is more of a put off too todays mmorpg players, which is why most (if any) dont use systems where you can drop your hard earned items.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Sam says : hey Dave, i know this cool game, its 10 years old, 2d, and the graphics are poor compared to the other mmorpg games out now, the servers are unreliable and theirs been no updates in 4years, plus the hosts are only in it for the money, but im sure you will like it.

not to mention the pvp system in mir is more of a put off too todays mmorpg players, which is why most (if any) dont use systems where you can drop your hard earned items.

tbh mir may be old , may be outdated on graphic , gameplay , pvp and everything else

but it still got a think that makes me play it and enjoy it after years
tryed a lot of other mmrpgs like Mu ,wow , pw , metin2 but none of them could got that thing that mir haves it .

only thing that puts me off now is that there is no low rate to play so me and like 6-7 mates r still waiting for something ...

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think the fact there's been so little input and replies to this thread says a lot... but saying that I dare say the location of it is going to be the biggest culprit...many people don't venture down to GoT, move it up to Public Suggestions where it should be. (Or let me do it...you said you wanted a staff revamp ;p)

Harsh but it's true.

As it's already been said, at the end of the day Mir is a foreign game (and not even an easily translated one) and although the official game gets updates, and there is always new stuff (look at SDO), we can't use it. That's the problem. We're so far behind files-wise because there's no people or groups willing to code it all in for the sheer benefit of this community. It's all about making money from it, thus being selfish with the files and not releasing. It's clearly too big a job for just one person and any groups just get bored or give up for one reason or another, as we've seen before time and time again.

Frankly I can't ever see us getting another set of stable and up to date, quality files for the whole community to use. That's got to be the biggest problem LOMCN has now...because with no updates the game is just ageing fast.

Oh and Haz, as for the new style, fluid bad!!!! And the banner looks somehow stretched, can't quite put my finger on it but it's awful :P

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I think the fact there's been so little input and replies to this thread says a lot... but saying that I dare say the location of it is going to be the biggest culprit..

it should of been left on the original announcement tbh, its a pretty big issue and everyone who uses lomcn should be putting input into its future.

moving it to off-topic is suggesting its not even an important subject.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Honestly i didn't know this thread existed until i popped into the section of the forum and saw the posts. As it stands a lot of people have hit the nail on the head, mir is mainly money based now, why? Because quite frankly server owners believe it to be a job and so forth. I'm not going to argue the fact of that anymore as some server owners do put a lot of time into it, and hey, if they want to charge for work like that. Fair enough, it keeps it going.

However, that started killing off other servers really, as it is Bon's server is the best one going on LOMCN, statistically. He has the right idea, updates it regularly tries to keep it fresh, but that took time and server owners these days aren't willing to spend that time to keep a server up and running, they see there server dying and just give in. Or they make a session of quick money and give in. To re-glorify mir so to speak it is about advancing the files, releasing script and so forth, hell some people still do but it's so rare now compared to how it used to be.

Only problem is.. I can't think of how mir could be brought back, I agree a scripting team would be great, it's a first step forward, finding that team however? Well... chances are slim now, there's not many coders about that want to spend time on a game like mir anymore. The options you were left with were branch out and so forth but Haz has already cut that tie. So it's going to be really hard for the "mir" community to recover.

/Czeldabolg

Status
Not open for further replies.