New Spell

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
I was messing around with some things and made a nice geometric effect by accident. I had some spare time so I made it in to a spell. Theres 30 frames of animation so it will probably need to be cut down - im not sure how it will look at im at work but feel free to tweak the brightness if its too transparent/opaque. If there are any coders/servers out there who can code spells get in touch and we can make some together as long as its for non profit/donation.

http://rapidshare.de/files/47144358/SpellTest.rar.html

Any feedback welcome :)

Last edited:

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
yeh, heres a frame from the middle of the animation

Attachments

• frame7.jpg
    frame7.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 544

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
also forgot to add i put it in the middle (where the player would be) in a 800x600 image and set the placments to 0/0 so you need to trim the image and make new placements for better framerates in game.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Im just wondering if the spell has been updated with the release so its suitable for mir?

Also where would the download file go?
Data?

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
I used the colour pallete from Mir and the wil type is Mir2A (im sure this can be easily changed) If you have any problems with colours etc I can send you some bmps before it was changed to 256-colours and you can play with them yourself. Oh and if anyone could get me some screenies ingame that would be cool :)

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
cheers for the feedback m8 ill tweak it, if you could send me a screenshot that would help

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Can you see the last image on the right of your screenshot, Just looks like mass healing. Well just extend the masshealing looks to cover a screen.

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
oh you mean get rid of the streams of bigger particles? I can make one for you with just the sparkles if you want- also i made it to work like a mass damage spell (so it centers on the caster) meaning you dont cast it with the mouse if you get what I mean

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
oh you mean get rid of the streams of bigger particles? I can make one for you with just the sparkles if you want- also i made it to work like a mass damage spell (so it centers on the caster) meaning you dont cast it with the mouse if you get what I mean

Yeah, i get you... Like flame field?

It will look alot better with just the sparkles though.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I think it would be a good idea if it sort of formed into a silver ball then exploded into the red sparkles, now thats a spell and a half!

Btw ive never added a new spell before so im kinda puzzled as of how to add it. If u could mail me ur MSN addr i would let you connect on remote assistance or teamviewer to add it and I could test it for you and take some screenshots ingame. And hopefully add it for my own use hehe

Last edited:

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
I think it would be a good idea if it sort of formed into a silver ball then exploded into the red sparkles, now thats a spell and a half!

Btw ive never added a new spell before so im kinda puzzled as of how to add it. If u could mail me ur MSN addr i would let you connect on remote assistance or teamviewer to add it and I could test it for you and take some screenshots ingame. And hopefully add it for my own use hehe

I have no idea how to add anything i just make the pretty pictures :P. I dont have any net apart from work during the week, but I have a set server files on my home workstation. I made some spells for Meteora last year but they were never coded, the way i used to test them was replace the graphics of an exisiting spell with one of my new ones the only downside being im limited by having to use the same number of frames as the replaced spell.

edit:I can make it for in to a ball if thats what you want, I can make the beams swirl around the caster form a ball and explode thats not a problem, I just wanted to make the effect cover the whole screen which is why it wooshes around

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
wouldnt a full screen spell just be abit laggy tho?

either way, we're gonna try use these spells afgan so nice work ;)

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
It depends on the Screen and how many are cast at one time, Most of the image is filtered straight away (the 0,0,0 rgb value pixels) so it may not be too bad. If you give it a long recharge time it should be ok. The first one I imaged as a warrior one called sacrifice, whereby the warrior casts it and a percentage of his/her HP is sacrificed and used to instantly heal the people around him/her. Ill make a wizzie one so its a set of 3, but its up to you how you use them

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
This is exactly what mir needs, some good designers to design some new spell graphics, I will happily code any custom spells into the DM2 files providing they are decent.

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
So if i replaced FireBall with the new spell, would it still work?

It would work like fireball but if you set it to the same number of frames as fireball it would work. However Fireball is different to these as it has a casting effect and a seperate spell effect for each direction it travels in so these wouldnt really work.

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
This is exactly what mir needs, some good designers to design some new spell graphics, I will happily code any custom spells into the DM2 files providing they are decent.

Are they complex to code? If you send me some code for existing spells I can have a look and try to understand it. I did three spells last year but no one seemed to be able/willing to code them. I made Iceblast - Wiz (FF but with Ice) Earthquake - War (Like BA but actualy hurts and effects a bigger area) and Fog -Tao (FW for tao that doesnt hurt but mobs wont walk through it like Zumas/WG and it obscured the screen so you coudlnt see players)