Blocking doors

smoochy boys on tour

twigletuk

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 17, 2005
Crewe Cheshire
how can i block a door is if u try n go in it a window opens n says something like sorry i cnt let u go in this temple/cave etc till ur lvl 80

/Thnx

samhag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2008
Im not 100% sure this is right or will work but maybe worth a go.

Goto your TBL_MAPINFO and on the map where you want to block a door to (ie your temple/cave NOT the map your coming from), in the FLD_FLAGS column put CHECKQUEST(Q1500)
Then in M2Server\Envir\MapQuest_def put a file named Q1500.txt, this file holds the script that will check your players lvl or whatever you want.

Upvote 0

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
yeah this works sport on.but is there a command to stop you walking threw the door if you dont match the criterea in the script.
like a bounce back command to counteract the mapmove

Upvote 0

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
as i was trying to say on msn before you told me you werent stupid implying i was no help.

use a mapmove to the cords before the door no need to wait for the specific command and you get the same effect. problem sorted ;)

Upvote 0

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I can't quite remember or test it but I'll try point you in the right direction,

on the map that you want it to check add do exactly what samhags said so

in the FLD_FLAGS column put CHECKQUEST(Q1500)
Then in M2Server\Envir\MapQuest_def put a file named Q1500.txt, this file holds the script that will check your players lvl or whatever you want.

In this script put a check for level and if they're high enough have it set a flag on. e.g (You add the checks and stuff needed ;p

Code:
#if
if their level is 80
#act
set the flag 200 On
#elsesay
your too low etc

Then finally in the place you put the CHECKQUEST add the flag
NEEDSET_ON(200).

So what will happen should be when some1 uses the door, the checkquest will run and if the players over 80 it'll set the flag 200 on.

The needset will then run and only let the player through if 200 has been set on, if not they wont get through.

Upvote 0

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
as i was trying to say on msn before you told me you werent stupid implying i was no help.

use a mapmove to the cords before the door no need to wait for the specific command and you get the same effect. problem sorted ;)
as i told you lone.i already did this but it makes the map black.

Upvote 0